Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario surrender change

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tazdingo

Re: Scenario surrender change

Post#91 » Tue May 30, 2023 11:51 pm

just bring back guards in every sc, remove barriers and have guard kills give contrib. punting/pulling to guards means farmed side can actually have some fun
or just stop bringing your stupidass dps heals and fo tanks to scs, and don't bring rdps unless you know what an assist bind is

Ads
Svartypops

Post#92 » Wed May 31, 2023 3:58 pm

thiefy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:11 pm Back to OP, i couldn't agree more to the suggestion. Ppl shouldn't play the game the way that simply harvests the most rewards. They should actually PLAY the game and the suggestion in the OP gives incentive to do that.
The OP's suggestion is a sure-fire way to kill the scenario mode. I agree that people should play the game to win, rather than harvest most rewards, but guess what! That's what winning does. I don't think it's the best idea - I think the loser should get more rewards but then how to you incentivise people try to win?
thiefy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:11 pm Chances are that even if you do get more crests/hour and you do get to BiS gear you will still be below average player who just drops more crests when s/he gets killed. And you will still wonder why it happens, and still blame the "classes balance" or the "premades" or anything other than the fact that you got to BiS without actually knowing how the game is played because it was more "time efficient" to /surrender. And then you will drop the server with the worst impression of it. Sad...

P.S.: Before you tag me as a premade enthusiast-elitist know that i solo queue.
This smacks of dishonesty piled upon exaggeration, tbh.

Detangler

Post#93 » Wed May 31, 2023 5:26 pm

Svartypops wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:58 pm
thiefy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:11 pm Back to OP, i couldn't agree more to the suggestion. Ppl shouldn't play the game the way that simply harvests the most rewards. They should actually PLAY the game and the suggestion in the OP gives incentive to do that.
The OP's suggestion is a sure-fire way to kill the scenario mode. I agree that people should play the game to win, rather than harvest most rewards, but guess what! That's what winning does. I don't think it's the best idea - I think the loser should get more rewards but then how to you incentivise people try to win?

How is me voting "yes" and getting full scenario crests/renown rewards while 2/3 of my team who gave up and are voting "no" "killing scenarios" because they still get reduced rewards? I'm tired of being penalized because people dont want to even try.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

fontin

Post#94 » Wed May 31, 2023 5:28 pm

theres a game mode called ranked, i wonder why they dont q for it? if they care so much about their skill and competitiveness? if this game is some how about skill and competitiveness and such and such, wouldnt ranked be no.1 populated mode instead of dying so fast?

Ashoris

Post#95 » Wed May 31, 2023 6:41 pm

fontin wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:28 pm theres a game mode called ranked, i wonder why they dont q for it? if they care so much about their skill and competitiveness? if this game is some how about skill and competitiveness and such and such, wouldnt ranked be no.1 populated mode instead of dying so fast?
easy but honest answer ?
ranked has 0 randomness - meaning the outcome is nearly always predictable. while in "normal" mode the weaker 6 man premade can win vs the stronger premade by gettin the better add.

a server with such a low population need some randomness in fights otherwise only the top 2-5 Groups would play and all the other casual guild groups, fun groups, /5 Groups and smallman that exist would stop playing.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Everdin

Post#96 » Wed May 31, 2023 7:05 pm

fontin wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:28 pm theres a game mode called ranked, i wonder why they dont q for it? if they care so much about their skill and competitiveness? if this game is some how about skill and competitiveness and such and such, wouldnt ranked be no.1 populated mode instead of dying so fast?
theres a game mode called discordant, i wonder why they dont q for it? if they care so much about having an island in the sun, far away from premades? if this game is some how about beeing solo friendly, wouldnt discordant be no1 populated mode instead of beeing nearly dead at weekends?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

thiefy

Post#97 » Wed May 31, 2023 8:28 pm

Svartypops wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:58 pm
"Play the game to win"???? Oh boy, we have have so different perspective. Ppl should play the game (or any game) to HAVE FUN..... Everything else is a side effect.
That being said, i'm out. gl with your arguments
yes i'm toxic but i speak the "truth"
(disclaimer: "truth" is subjective to a person's point of view and possible personal interest)
congratulations! your vision is perfect!
rly? don't you have anything better to do?

fontin

Post#98 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:43 am

Everdin wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:05 pm
theres a game mode called discordant, i wonder why they dont q for it? if they care so much about having an island in the sun, far away from premades? if this game is some how about beeing solo friendly, wouldnt discordant be no1 populated mode instead of beeing nearly dead at weekends?
huh? discordant pop all day everyday, latest ranked pop was...... oh 2022 :lol:
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... _type=solo
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... olo_ranked

Ads
Lukewarm

Post#99 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:43 am

I'm not about to read through 10 pages on this and correct me if I'm wrong but the reason there is so much surrendering in scenarios is the match making is garbage. It is set up so that pre-made groups on either side get matched against pugs. Even if there are pre-made groups running on both sides they will hardly ever be matched against each other and the same goes for pugs. I guess this is to reward people for making a group or whatever but all it really does is make the majority of scenarios a surrender after the pug groups gets wiped once or twice by the pre-made groups and then mostly just sit afk at the spawn. The surrender thing doesn't need to be changed its always the match making that has been complete garbage.

anarchypark

Post#100 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:17 pm

80% to 90% of the matches in SC seem to end in surrender,
indicating a significant number of unbalanced games.
One thing I don't understand is why there is no safeguard in place to prevent matchups between experts and beginners.
This should be the first priority to address in a PvP game,
just like stopping high-level players from farming kills in the starting zone.

devs have a grasp of the synergy that comes with a 2-2-2 setup,
so it is reasonable to assume they are also aware of its absence.
Yet, there is no system support or guidelines for a 2-2-2 composition.
they just allow unbalanced matches to happen.
It's like they're obsessed with flaunting a shiny gem
but turn a blind eye to the chaotic dumpster fire surrounding it.

No matter how much "git gut" or "make group" is preached, the issue persists and is alarming.
It doesn't matter why players don't group up, maybe there're thousand reasons, unbalance game is happening.

Do you truly believe that punishing beginners for not forming groups will compel them to do so?
They would rather quit.

Most PvP games measure to protect and support new players,
primarily by preventing significant disparities in balance.
Encouraging beginners to experience the synergy that comes from a coordinated group is essential.
similar to a tutorial - guard, assist, teamplay tutorial.
Implementing a forced 2-2-2 , even if it results in a 30min waiting time,
could potentially improve quality of game.

Someone might say, "Why should the people who put in the effort to form a group have to wait for 30 minutes?"
So, is it justified to throw your precious new players as easy prey to those individuals?
All I hear is the excuse of wanting to indulge in "pug stomping." "easy farming"
What happened to competition?

Being a solo player doesn't mean they don't enjoy a 2-2-2 setup.
they simply want to skip the hassle of making a group,
dealing with dumb orders on Discord, or being a whining accomplice.
Even if system try to form a 2-2-2 with a solo player,
it'll still lose to a premade on Discord.
We need better quality losses and a touch of competition.

I'm not asking for a full 2-2-2 setup in every scenario,
but having at least two tanks and two healers would suffice.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)