Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario surrender change

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sofong

Re: Scenario surrender change

Post#111 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:44 am

just cross faction scs, that be very interesting.

Ads
Scottx125

Post#112 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:31 pm

Sofong wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:44 am just cross faction scs, that be very interesting.
No.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Garamore

Post#113 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:46 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:31 pm
Sofong wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:44 am just cross faction scs, that be very interesting.
No.
The order double stack would stop within minutes
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ninjagon

Post#114 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:42 pm

NO cross faction SCs please.
That will ruin the spirit of this game.

Just the matchmaking should be more clever to not put inside 4 healers against none.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ashoris

Post#115 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:32 am

tazdingo wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:34 pm another solution is to just have bigger SCs. some nights I see the queue creating several 12 - 20 man SCs which often results in you getting repeatedly placed into random < 2 party in progress SCs. why not wait and put everyone in a big 3/4/5 party SC? in that situation the impact of a single premade group is diluted. maps like old dwarf road and the dragon one seem particularly suited to higher player numbers
because the bigger the SC the more dumb down the tactics are ... just stack AoE dmg to win may be fun for some people ...but simply not for all.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Avernus

Post#116 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:56 am

Ashoris wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:32 am because the bigger the SC the more dumb down the tactics are ... just stack AoE dmg to win may be fun for some people ...but simply not for all.
I think its good to make event sc like that. More kills, more fun etc. At least you have a chance to zerg enemy premade. And if its double premade - you don't have any chances anyway unless you have something similar on your side.

tazdingo

Post#117 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:57 am

Ashoris wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:32 am
tazdingo wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:34 pm another solution is to just have bigger SCs. some nights I see the queue creating several 12 - 20 man SCs which often results in you getting repeatedly placed into random < 2 party in progress SCs. why not wait and put everyone in a big 3/4/5 party SC? in that situation the impact of a single premade group is diluted. maps like old dwarf road and the dragon one seem particularly suited to higher player numbers
because the bigger the SC the more dumb down the tactics are ... just stack AoE dmg to win may be fun for some people ...but simply not for all.

it depends on the map. splitting when there's 3 points is usually the winning move

Avernus

Post#118 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:35 am

tazdingo wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:57 am it depends on the map. splitting when there's 3 points is usually the winning move
It really depends from your point of view - what do you count as "victory" at sc?

Victrory by default rewards you with a few more warcrests (compared to losing sc) + small amount of renown. And after that, this victory means nothing (okay, on event sc it does mean something but...).

So, you can "win" sc while being murderraped by enemy team (like 30 - 0 kills or something like that). Or you can "lose" while farming the enemy team like no tomorrow.

Yes, sometimes this battles happen to be somewhat balanced, but i'm talking about those 2 specific situations ("stomping" and "being stomped").

As you already said, splitting does give you a chance to score 500 faster - but it usually means that the enemy team gonna farm you while you are running BO - and (its my personal opininion) i would prefer to kill as much as possible while "losing" by points than "win" while being farmed.

Yes, k/d ratio is a definition of "victory" at sc for me.

What was all that for? You know, i do agree that it would be nice that all those points victories REALLY mattered SOMETHING.

Ads
Brakh

Post#119 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:52 am

Yes, please. That would increase the pool of ppl for match maker to choose from to make more fair party comps.
+ no more whining for gtdc/rampage.

Sulorie

Post#120 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:03 am

Give players information to improve class setups in SC on their own. Tell everybody how many players of a certain archetype are in queue. It already worked for ranked SC.
Want faster pops and more 2-2-2-like SC? Pick a class less represented in queue.
Dying is no option.