Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 29/05/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
malmar

Re: Patch Notes 29/05/2023

Post#41 » Wed May 31, 2023 7:50 am

This is great idea. I would maybe add to this list that talisman box that you get from ch.22.
Paladini wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:55 pm This weekly dungeon is cool idea :mrgreen: , despite war tokens kinda useless (it would be cooler if it was created a Dungeon Token), still a good option to add to the game anyway.
I think missing HV is bad too, but hope they add this dungeon soon to make it count.

Maybe give more options to spend those TOKENS (because after you get rhuin as lowbie, theres actually no use for war token after it):
- as 30/60 days guild mounts style (60% speed with 45% dismount chance)
- as renown potion
- as liniment box
- as seed lootbox (like it exist as dye/tally boxes - with very rare chance to find a purple seed, normal chance for blue seeds) -
2 viable options - implementing 1 choice:
1st choice keeping war token -
Lets say 1k war tokens, allowed to buy 1 box once per week (so even if people farm war tokens via PQ, they won't be able to keep buying the seed box more than once per week)
2nd choice, create Dungeon Token instead... 100-150 DT price for a seedbox, max 1 box per week (because you won't earn enough weekly token anyway for more lol)

Obs:. If DT is implemented -> a conversion rate to buy war token with DT, so the initial idea to get some War Token still fullfilled anyway. :mrgreen:

We need something usefull to spend those tokens at all.

Ads
Everdin

Post#42 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:13 am

malmar wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:50 am This is great idea. I would maybe add to this list that talisman box that you get from ch.22.
Paladini wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:55 pm This weekly dungeon is cool idea :mrgreen: , despite war tokens kinda useless (it would be cooler if it was created a Dungeon Token), still a good option to add to the game anyway.
I think missing HV is bad too, but hope they add this dungeon soon to make it count.

Maybe give more options to spend those TOKENS (because after you get rhuin as lowbie, theres actually no use for war token after it):
- as 30/60 days guild mounts style (60% speed with 45% dismount chance)
- as renown potion
- as liniment box
- as seed lootbox (like it exist as dye/tally boxes - with very rare chance to find a purple seed, normal chance for blue seeds) -
2 viable options - implementing 1 choice:
1st choice keeping war token -
Lets say 1k war tokens, allowed to buy 1 box once per week (so even if people farm war tokens via PQ, they won't be able to keep buying the seed box more than once per week)
2nd choice, create Dungeon Token instead... 100-150 DT price for a seedbox, max 1 box per week (because you won't earn enough weekly token anyway for more lol)

Obs:. If DT is implemented -> a conversion rate to buy war token with DT, so the initial idea to get some War Token still fullfilled anyway. :mrgreen:

We need something usefull to spend those tokens at all.
Talisman box would be great
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

thiefy

Post#43 » Wed May 31, 2023 10:51 am

Lilim wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:34 am
thiefy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:40 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:03 am - We have restricted sending mail to players who are level 5 or above.
Any chance of this not applying to characters in the same account? Trading with bank-toons comes to mind...
Hey,

I know what you mean. Is your second bank vault already full?
All three tabs in both Altdorf and KaK and a few bank toons. What can i say.... I'm a hoarder/collector :D
Anyway don't waste valuable coding time in something as trivial as this unless it's smthing that can be fixed with minimal effort. Worst case scenario ppl will just have to spend about 10mins to lvl up to 5 with city quests or a couple of scenarios
yes i'm toxic but i speak the "truth"
(disclaimer: "truth" is subjective to a person's point of view and possible personal interest)
congratulations! your vision is perfect!
rly? don't you have anything better to do?

Scottx125

Post#44 » Wed May 31, 2023 4:27 pm

Thing I'm concerned with is how many runs does it take to get full inf? 3 dungeon runs a week for me at least is a lot. Esp at 2 hours each avg with an avg group. At most I'll do 1 dungeon a week for a soul stone. Maybe 2 if I'm helping a guildie. And then again most weeks the RvR is enough to get me my SS. So there's little to no incentive provided by this event to get me to want to do dungeons. It's a nice addition don't get me wrong. But as I see it, this is more of a bonus that you get if you happen to do a dungeon rather than an incentive.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Sulorie

Post#45 » Wed May 31, 2023 4:38 pm

Elvicof wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:42 pm Should find some other reward for 3rd than stone, since it is pointless to say the least.

You need to run 3-4 dungeons that all give a stone just to get a stone. So you end up with more stones than you can spend.
Or you have to farm soul stones less often. Swap your chars and don't farm them on every char on a weekly basis. :)
Dying is no option.

Omegus

Post#46 » Wed May 31, 2023 5:27 pm

Isn't the talisman box from ch22 a bunch of +24s with a slim chance of an armour talisman? Just how much free BIS do people want...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#47 » Wed May 31, 2023 5:48 pm

Omegus wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:27 pm Isn't the talisman box from ch22 a bunch of +24s with a slim chance of an armour talisman? Just how much free BIS do people want...
Tale as old as time... The answer, is yes. Always give. No work. Just give.

Back in my day we would work 9 hours doing hard labor. Then log on to the game and grind for 9 more hours. Family? Kids? What are you trying to attach yourself to weakness for? BIS should take 800 hours per character, not 80. Alas, modern day vapidity and the always on culture of mine right now. Why value all the steps in between if the only value is the thing you get at the end. The faster you finish playing a game the faster you can go play another game. Corporates don't want you being engaged when there's more product to sell. Live service models trick you into paying while paying. Free games just want you to have somewhere to live.

Don't you people want to live here? No? Well, run as fast as you can through as little content as possible to get to the end if that's the goal. Ask for more when you slow down for even a moment. Ask for more when someone has something you didn't get. It doesn't matter how they got it, just ask for it. If the people want it, we should give it to them. That's how things work these days. The players are always right, because if they're wrong, then we're wrong for them being wrong.

This message is heavily laden in satire and sarcasm, but I'm not telling you which parts. Brought to you by Old Gamer™
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

thiefy

Post#48 » Wed May 31, 2023 8:37 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:48 pm
Spoiler:
Omegus wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:27 pm Isn't the talisman box from ch22 a bunch of +24s with a slim chance of an armour talisman? Just how much free BIS do people want...
Tale as old as time... The answer, is yes. Always give. No work. Just give.

Back in my day we would work 9 hours doing hard labor. Then log on to the game and grind for 9 more hours. Family? Kids? What are you trying to attach yourself to weakness for? BIS should take 800 hours per character, not 80. Alas, modern day vapidity and the always on culture of mine right now. Why value all the steps in between if the only value is the thing you get at the end. The faster you finish playing a game the faster you can go play another game. Corporates don't want you being engaged when there's more product to sell. Live service models trick you into paying while paying. Free games just want you to have somewhere to live.

Don't you people want to live here? No? Well, run as fast as you can through as little content as possible to get to the end if that's the goal. Ask for more when you slow down for even a moment. Ask for more when someone has something you didn't get. It doesn't matter how they got it, just ask for it. If the people want it, we should give it to them. That's how things work these days. The players are always right, because if they're wrong, then we're wrong for them being wrong.

This message is heavily laden in satire and sarcasm, but I'm not telling you which parts. Brought to you by Old Gamer™
If i had to, i'd bet to the "we would work 9 hours doing hard labor" for sarcasm. The rest seems solid :lol:
yes i'm toxic but i speak the "truth"
(disclaimer: "truth" is subjective to a person's point of view and possible personal interest)
congratulations! your vision is perfect!
rly? don't you have anything better to do?

Ads
malmar

Post#49 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:02 pm

sarcasm is calling ch.22 hard work. point is to give something interesting for geared healers/tanks. atm there is no point in running dungeons once you are geared (except gunbad - for money/seeds).

if 24 talis are too much - how about 23/124 armor ones? war tokens are not usefull even for people starting to gear up.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#50 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:19 pm

malmar wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:02 pm sarcasm is calling ch.22 hard work. point is to give something interesting for geared healers/tanks. atm there is no point in running dungeons once you are geared (except gunbad - for money/seeds).

if 24 talis are too much - how about 23/124 armor ones? war tokens are not usefull even for people starting to gear up.
+24's are literally the best talismans you can craft. That isn't exactly "starting to gear up" territory eh? People would be just fine with all +20 equivalent talismans, it's not a massive difference. However having a functional crafting economy would be significantly impacted if you allow the highest tier craftables to be acquired from pretty low difficulty PvE.

Of course, giving feedback like that makes people frowny face and saaaaaad so you can't possibly try to maintain some kind of rarity or scarcity. Anything that anyone has everyone else should have too. That's the timeline we live in. Woe! Woe!
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog