Recent Topics

Ads

Wrath WP "Fortess Greathammer"

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ruin

Wrath WP "Fortess Greathammer"

Post#1 » Tue May 30, 2023 9:12 am

Hello, i would like to propose a change to the chance on hit that is available for 2H WP in their version of Fortress weapon, now it provides a 25% incoming HD, witch with the reliable Absence of Faith is not useful at all. Could we get a different, more fitting Proc for this weapon?

Ads
Evilspinnre

Re: Wrath WP "Fortess Greathammer"

Post#2 » Tue May 30, 2023 9:43 am

It can proc on AoE which is why it is useful
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Ruin

Post#3 » Tue May 30, 2023 10:52 am

Evilspinnre wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:43 am It can proc on AoE which is why it is useful
Aoe means, in organise 12 + play. Woud You as a WB leader take a 2H WP as a dps slot ?

Reivren27

Post#4 » Tue May 30, 2023 11:32 am

This weapon's bonus actually stacks with Absence of Faith for a total of 75%

Nameless

Post#5 » Tue May 30, 2023 12:35 pm

Ruin wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:52 am
Evilspinnre wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:43 am It can proc on AoE which is why it is useful
Aoe means, in organise 12 + play. Woud You as a WB leader take a 2H WP as a dps slot ?
It will be heal spec wp using 2h. Wp could do it without book regen if played and geared well
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Evilspinnre

Post#6 » Tue May 30, 2023 12:36 pm

I have lead on dps WP and taken them before as well if geared and know how to play (ie Iyvans).
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Scottx125

Post#7 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:12 pm

Even then the stat selection is wrong. Shouldn't it instead give heal crit/willpower rather than STR for a 2H heal version? I might also be wrong but don't other classes have the heal debuff as well on their weapons? And even if you were to run full wrath. The amount of damage you get and utility from the proc isn't enough IMO. You'd be better off running a Grace WP. But all of that IMO is outstripped by the healing of a Salv WP.

Plus that's only a 10% hit chance on an ability with a 5s cooldown. And it's a physical attack which means if you're heal spec, most people unless you hit them from behind are gonna block it. So in reality, you might only get it off on 1-2 people out of a 24man group. And again I can't confirm but can this debuff be cleansed? I'd imagine so.

But addressing the elephant in the room, no. It's not useful. Because if it was, many more people would use it. Not just the weapon, but wrath itself. IT does not have the damage pressure, ST or AoE, mobility or utility to be useful when compared to other classes. E.g: Slayer, has a charge, does both strong AoE and ST in the same build setup, has an AoE cool down increaser which could essentially be called an AoE heal debuff (it's primarily dropped on the heal line to screw their healing) and it has a ST heal debuff, hell it also has a self heal if you spec for it. And I've just looked and the SL and WL both have the same weapon that procs the 25% heal debuff. So WHY would you take a DPS WP or heal WP with this weapon, with their 1 AoE ability when you could take a WL or SL with it...?

TLDR: No, it's not useful when other aoe dps classes have the weapon and can pump FAR more damage along with more utility. And it doesn't matter what your gear is or skill is. A WP healing via Salv is better in pretty much EVERY situation over a Wrath DPS WP (even running this weapon) or a Grace/Salv WP (running this weapon).
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ruin

Post#8 » Tue May 30, 2023 2:17 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:36 pm
I have lead on dps WP and taken them before as well if geared and know how to play (ie Iyvans).
I do belive i have seen some old fotage of you leading as WP, but i belive it was a long time ago, since then don't hink you utilize that class for a year at least.
on the subject of others in your wb plaing as DPS dok/wp ,anit they like 95% time SnB speced?

Ads
yoluigi

Post#9 » Tue May 30, 2023 2:52 pm

It's pretty simple 2h wp in warband is very boring to play and it sucks plain and simple.Without any mobility abilities it just wont work. They could bring sigmar radiance back and make it heals only the party members not you would make it better as support front line. The anti heal proc can stack sometime i think. Soo aint soo bad.