Recent Topics

Ads

Faction Imbalance

Let's talk about... everything else
Nickalispicalis

Faction Imbalance

Post#1 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:38 pm

Order just rattled off 15 wins in a row. I had previously stated that they win about 90 to 95% of the scenarios. This was before I became aware of the killboards. Nevertheless, we can say with confidence they win about 2/3's of them and I think almost all of the T4's. It is just a massacre.

How about trying the mercenary system? Does it matter who you play with? If the ELO system cannot function because of the small player pool, then this is next best alternative. Otherwise the game will just die off the way live did.

Truly is shooting fish in a barrel a lot of fun for the winning side? How many times to do this before it begins to get old? The Chess analogy is a good one. I have a 1948 ELO rating in OTB play. If I could somehow compete in the under 1200 section, I would surely win all my games. What I have learned? Nothing. In fact, playing competition far below you only makes you complacent. I realize this game is mashing buttons, but the same principal applies.

ORVR is more competitive? That is just zerg. Side with the big numbers wins.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Faction Imbalance

Post#2 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:44 pm

Nickalispicalis wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:38 pm Order just rattled off 15 wins in a row. I had previously stated that they win about 90 to 95% of the scenarios. This was before I became aware of the killboards. Nevertheless, we can say with confidence they win about 2/3's of them and I think almost all of the T4's. It is just a massacre.

How about trying the mercenary system? Does it matter who you play with? If the ELO system cannot function because of the small player pool, then this is next best alternative. Otherwise the game will just die off the way live did.

Truly is shooting fish in a barrel a lot of fun for the winning side? How many times to do this before it begins to get old? The Chess analogy is a good one. I have a 1948 ELO rating in OTB play. If I could somehow compete in the under 1200 section, I would surely win all my games. What I have learned? Nothing. In fact, playing competition far below you only makes you complacent. I realize this game is mashing buttons, but the same principal applies.

You are quite dramatic here. It's like this for years. Most one-sided losses happen in event sc, when one side has more premades running.
Dying is no option.

Nickalispicalis

Post#3 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:57 pm

I am trying to come up with ideas to make the PVP more competitive. The scenarios in my mind is where the game shines, not the Zerg RVR.

One other point I would make is the size of the maps. They are far too small. You need to spread the sides out as much as possible so that teams cannot stay in one big clump in order to win.

Bigger maps, with spread out objectives. Longer times. No surrender option.

Manatikik

Post#4 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:20 am

It just sounds like this game isn’t for you after a series of whine posts where you clearly don’t enjoy the majority of the game.

You don’t have to play, so please either leave or at least stop posting your nonsense nonstop.
<Montague><Capulet>

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:20 am

Nickalispicalis wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:57 pm I am trying to come up with ideas to make the PVP more competitive. The scenarios in my mind is where the game shines, not the Zerg RVR.

One other point I would make is the size of the maps. They are far too small. You need to spread the sides out as much as possible so that teams cannot stay in one big clump in order to win.

Bigger maps, with spread out objectives. Longer times. No surrender option.
lmao scenarios could be deleted from game tomorrow and only like 10% of people would quit. and we would be better for it.

Nickalispicalis

Post#6 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:49 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:20 am It just sounds like this game isn’t for you after a series of whine posts where you clearly don’t enjoy the majority of the game.

You don’t have to play, so please either leave or at least stop posting your nonsense nonstop.
I making suggestions to make the game better. What have you contributed besides ad hominem attacks? No one is forcing you to read what I write.

lumpi33

Post#7 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:16 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:20 am It just sounds like this game isn’t for you after a series of whine posts where you clearly don’t enjoy the majority of the game.

It's always the same. People try to blame the poster for his incompetence instead of trying to understand and find the root cause for this situation.

We know with 100% certainty that the scenario queue manager is not trying to create equal matches. Instead it is actually doing the opposite by creating new instances for queuing groups and filling up with whatever is there. Due to this a solo or small group queuing up will most likely end in a scenario facing a group on the other side. That's a fact and has been reported many times.

Then we have the event scenario which you cannot do with discordant pug scenarios. You are being forced to queue up against the premades farming pugs all day just to do the event tasks. That's pure madness.

And last but not least it is the awful meta balance, where a group with no tanks or lots of ranged dps has literally zero chance to win against a 2/2/2 setup with melees. Since how long? 2 years now? And it's getting worse and worse because people have realized the strong meta and especially the veterans are only playing meele now while the new players that just want to be a legolas SW are getting stomped by them without having any chance.

So, don't blame the poster FFS. It's the games fault, not the players fault. New players are being pushed into stuff where they will suffer and probably quit again.

Nekkma

Post#8 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:54 am

lumpi33 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:16 am

It's always the same. People try to blame the poster for his incompetence instead of trying to understand and find the root cause for this situation.

We know with 100% certainty that the scenario queue manager is not trying to create equal matches. Instead it is actually doing the opposite by creating new instances for queuing groups and filling up with whatever is there. Due to this a solo or small group queuing up will most likely end in a scenario facing a group on the other side. That's a fact and has been reported many times.

Then we have the event scenario which you cannot do with discordant pug scenarios. You are being forced to queue up against the premades farming pugs all day just to do the event tasks. That's pure madness.

And last but not least it is the awful meta balance, where a group with no tanks or lots of ranged dps has literally zero chance to win against a 2/2/2 setup with melees. Since how long? 2 years now? And it's getting worse and worse because people have realized the strong meta and especially the veterans are only playing meele now while the new players that just want to be a legolas SW are getting stomped by them without having any chance.

So, don't blame the poster FFS. It's the games fault, not the players fault. New players are being pushed into stuff where they will suffer and probably quit again.
The poster whines about faction balance, not general scenario balance, and claims: " Nevertheless, we can say with confidence they [order, my comment] win about 2/3's of them and I think almost all of the T4's." Now, given that we have the killboard and the statistics that have been compiled and presented by various posters on the forum, we can conclude that the OPs premise if false. Anyone who have played this game for a longer duration knows that the loopsided scenarios happens for both factions.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Phantasm

Post#9 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:03 am

Nickalispicalis wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:38 pm Order just rattled off 15 wins in a row. I had previously stated that they win about 90 to 95% of the scenarios. This was before I became aware of the killboards. Nevertheless, we can say with confidence they win about 2/3's of them and I think almost all of the T4's. It is just a massacre.

As you seems to be new to RoR, i can assure you team knows all of this. Atm they work on new ability system to address bug issues (there are more then 2500 on bugtracker, some are there for many many years) and broadly balance (I still believe :) )
But making more posts and threads about it doesnt change anything because:
  • team is too small to work on different aspects of game same time,
  • dev that made queue system is not working with team anymore, OR
  • there is a justified reason to prioritize organized groups (guilds, /5 premades etc) over needs of solo queuers.
There are many issues in RoR and scenario queue system is just one of them.
What i think there should be more communication from team about awareness of those issues. Tbh we dont know whats issue and whats feature.
Try to have at least some fun playing game, or if you cant, take a break, give team a time and comeback later when things get better.

Sofong

Post#10 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:18 pm

its becos order have way more prem in general.