Recent Topics

Ads

Faction Imbalance

Let's talk about... everything else
Detangler

Re: Faction Imbalance

Post#11 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:43 pm

No no no, always trust anecdotal evidence, guys. 15 wins in a row is irrefutable.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Acidic

Post#12 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:58 pm

Sofong wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:18 pm its becos order have way more prem in general.
Agee

Most/all of the faction imbalance can be ignored if u have organized vs pug, and from experience the queue system tends to result in pug vs premade. Queue in a premade face pug, queue solo face premade.

Although I strongly believe there are some imbalance , the sc results is not giving the answer you need without filtering the data and trying to remove pug vs premade and other combos such as guild or a set team.

And as a rule “I got stomped” anecdotal stories says nothing other than you are typically the only common denominator, so saying I lose or win whatever only means you probably have a hand in the result.

tazdingo

Post#13 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:07 pm

just so u know this is the guy who dropped his zeal because it couldn't match sorcs dmg

event prems are brutal, but if everyone really tries, plays their strict archetypes, focuses objectives and works for the team, you can pull off some 300s/400s/complete upsets, and they feel very sweet. hell SCs like old dwarf road seem downright designed to be underdog friendly

if some ding a ling keeps queueing with his dps zeal though you're pretty much screwed

Nickalispicalis

Post#14 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:18 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:03 am
Nickalispicalis wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:38 pm Order just rattled off 15 wins in a row. I had previously stated that they win about 90 to 95% of the scenarios. This was before I became aware of the killboards. Nevertheless, we can say with confidence they win about 2/3's of them and I think almost all of the T4's. It is just a massacre.

How about trying the mercenary system? Does it matter who you play with? If the ELO system cannot function because of the small player pool, then this is next best alternative. Otherwise the game will just die off the way live did.

Truly is shooting fish in a barrel a lot of fun for the winning side? How many times to do this before it begins to get old? The Chess analogy is a good one. I have a 1948 ELO rating in OTB play. If I could somehow compete in the under 1200 section, I would surely win all my games. What I have learned? Nothing. In fact, playing competition far below you only makes you complacent. I realize this game is mashing buttons, but the same principal applies.

ORVR is more competitive? That is just zerg. Side with the big numbers wins.
As you seems to be new to RoR, i can assure you team knows all of this. Atm they work on new ability system to address bug issues (there are more then 2500 on bugtracker, some are there for many many years) and broadly balance (I still believe :) )
But making more posts and threads about it doesnt change anything because:
  • team is too small to work on different aspects of game same time,
  • dev that made queue system is not working with team anymore, OR
  • there is a justified reason to prioritize organized groups (guilds, /5 premades etc) over needs of solo queuers.
There are many issues in RoR and scenario queue system is just one of them.
What i think there should be more communication from team about awareness of those issues. Tbh we dont know whats issue and whats feature.
Try to have at least some fun playing game, or if you cant, take a break, give team a time and comeback later when things get better.
I understand what you are saying. I am not unrealistic. It is a private server, run by volunteers. They fix quite a lot bugs to their credit. Those expecting big sweeping changes such as housing, new dungeons, scenarios, races.... are not grounded in reality. Nevertheless, no matter what the MMO, or what server it happens to be running on, you have to have class changes from time to time. What might have been balanced today will not be the case three months ago. Correct me if I am wrong, but there has not been any class reworks in this game in years.

The poster who told me to stop whining and to stop playing the game is indicative of the problem. He was probably the last one left on live telling everyone the game was fine the way it was.

I make suggestions to improve the game because I see potential. If the numbers approached server capacity, that might get the attention of Gameworks. Perhaps they could wrest the license from EA and launch the game on a modern engine with a competent gaming company. That would be a dream come true. 300 players on a weekend isn't going to make the grade though.

Nickalispicalis

Post#15 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:04 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:07 pm just so u know this is the guy who dropped his zeal because it couldn't match sorcs dmg

event prems are brutal, but if everyone really tries, plays their strict archetypes, focuses objectives and works for the team, you can pull off some 300s/400s/complete upsets, and they feel very sweet. hell SCs like old dwarf road seem downright designed to be underdog friendly

if some ding a ling keeps queueing with his dps zeal though you're pretty much screwed
Where did I say I am queueing with DPS zealot? I would be more of a benefit to the group by going AFK than doing this. What I said was it would be nice to have that option. You do not.

Toshutkidup

Post#16 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:03 pm

Hmmm I must just be a God player and whatever I play I just do nothing but win win win ( sarcasm ) Played my Choppa and won 70% of SC’s. Did a total of 20 PUG Sc’s. How strange
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Rapzel

Post#17 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:31 pm

Nickalispicalis wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:38 pm Order just rattled off 15 wins in a row. I had previously stated that they win about 90 to 95% of the scenarios. This was before I became aware of the killboards. Nevertheless, we can say with confidence they win about 2/3's of them and I think almost all of the T4's. It is just a massacre.

How about trying the mercenary system? Does it matter who you play with? If the ELO system cannot function because of the small player pool, then this is next best alternative. Otherwise the game will just die off the way live did.

Truly is shooting fish in a barrel a lot of fun for the winning side? How many times to do this before it begins to get old? The Chess analogy is a good one. I have a 1948 ELO rating in OTB play. If I could somehow compete in the under 1200 section, I would surely win all my games. What I have learned? Nothing. In fact, playing competition far below you only makes you complacent. I realize this game is mashing buttons, but the same principal applies.

Weird that I have a completely different experience. Could you explain what I do wrong? How do I start losing all scs on Destro?

Absinth

Post#18 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:18 am

Rapzel wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:31 pm [...]

Weird that I have a completely different experience. Could you explain what I do wrong? How do I start losing all scs on Destro?
Just queue as solo (Bonus loosing points if you are healer in healing spec) in EU primetime when both sides are stacking dual 6mans :)
Especially during weekend.

Seriously if there are 2 premades queued from both sides the sc system should start prioritizing putting them both into the same scenario soo pugs can do weekend warfront.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Ads
Nickalispicalis

Post#19 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:24 am

Rapzel wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:31 pm

You must live a charmed live. On second thought,I retract everything I stated. The game is perfectly balanced. The issue is solely with me and the friends I play with. The game is booming as evidenced by 300 people playing at prime time. Other people that complain just need to learn to play. There really is no issues, people just feel the need to complain.

Ashoris

Post#20 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:04 am

lumpi33 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:16 am We know with 100% certainty that the scenario queue manager is not trying to create equal matches. Instead it is actually doing the opposite by creating new instances for queuing groups and filling up with whatever is there. Due to this a solo or small group queuing up will most likely end in a scenario facing a group on the other side. That's a fact and has been reported many times.
I fully agfree with you, this part should be fixed ... this is an issue you dont like as Solo and dont like when playing in group.
If i had a say in this i would change the queue to 1 premade + 1 random mix simply because this way the randomness is still a big enough factor to help out the "weaker, casual Groups".

lumpi33 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:16 am And last but not least it is the awful meta balance, where a group with no tanks or lots of ranged dps has literally zero chance to win against a 2/2/2 setup with melees. Since how long? 2 years now? And it's getting worse and worse because people have realized the strong meta and especially the veterans are only playing meele now while the new players that just want to be a legolas SW are getting stomped by them without having any chance.
While you are right with the setup meta i think the veteran part is not correct. You saw a lot of rdps Groups by the better guilds this weekend (probably because they still can win with it often enough).

I was grouped with at least 3 different rdps grps containing BW/SW or BW/BW/SW or BW/SW/SW
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras