Recent Topics

Ads

Audio problem crashes game

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
BasharyWar

Audio problem crashes game

Post#1 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:35 pm

i installed the game today after a couple years away . and it keeps crashing to desktop after hearing the sound kinda screech before crashing i think the longest the game has played for is about 25 seconds . i attack one of the maurders at the very start of the game on the order side and it crashes the game , i have tryed the repair client i even downloaded the audio file in another thread which resembled this problem .

Ads
Scottx125

Re: Audio problem crashes game

Post#2 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:16 pm

Have you tried updating your audio drivers? Also. Repairing client doesn't work if the file is already present, it only detects if it's there and of the right size (afaik). The audio.myp file could be corrupt. So the only way to "repair" it would be to delete the file and then initiate the client repair.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

BasharyWar

Post#3 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:10 pm

managed to get the game to work by re downloading ect but after getting to play a couple of times it now trying to update 170k files ??? whys it doing this when i was playing it already the first time

Scottx125

Post#4 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:38 am

Without more info on what you redownloaded/deleted I can't help you. But all I can say is those data and sound.myp files contain most of the actual data for the game. Deleting those files is like deleting most of the game and it will take awhile to re-download them.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Jeromas

Post#5 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:28 am

Best u can do is actually to delete the game and redownload from scratch. Repair functions takes forever.

Akalukz

Post#6 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:02 pm

Do a search on here for audio.myp I think, sometimes it get's corrupted . Or possibly delete your then run a repair.
EDIT:
Doh, didn't read the whole OP post. :)
-= Agony =-

Tesq

Post#7 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:22 pm

you need delete audio.myp and redownload only that file here
https://mega.nz/file/wa412QyA#MbwQ7X8M_ ... 0nyrVbAmuU

also spam buttons in zergy sich make client crash due hotbar sound, you can disable that by download "solidsnake" add on on my folder here

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

abracadaver666

Post#8 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:55 pm

Thank you! that worked for me.

Ads