Recent Topics

Ads

Acknowledging the Impact of Heal Debuffs on Damage Score

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
bw10

Acknowledging the Impact of Heal Debuffs on Damage Score

Post#1 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:24 pm

Dispelled dots have been contributing to the protection score for quite some time now, possibly over a year. Perhaps it is time to consider reporting incoming and outgoing heal debuffs as actual damage inflicted. I am certain that this change would greatly motivate numerous individuals to specialize in heal debuffing, thereby engaging in a more meaningful and purposeful role, as opposed to merely indiscriminately inflating damage numbers through area-of-effect abilities.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Acknowledging the Impact of Heal Debuffs on Damage Score

Post#2 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:14 am

How someone specializes in heal debuffing? Either your class has a heal debuff, then you pick it or your GRP setup allows for skipping it to add more damage.
Higher chances to kill is already a noticeable reward.
Having an extra score to track healing reduction on enemies sounds a bit too much.
Having damage, protection and healing already covers all 3 archetypes.
Dying is no option.

MedV

Post#3 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:02 pm

Sulorie you comment on every post and most times have no idea what the OP is saying. He wants heal debuff to count as dps, and example he gave of a similar iteration is dispelling a dot gives you protection points.

Also you can def specialize in HD. The Mara has a tactic to make it more powerful, the WH/WL both need to go up trees they normally wouldn’t to grab it.

Not that I agree with OPs point but stop posting if you are just going to write things that have nothing to do with Oroginal Post.
The King.

Scottx125

Post#4 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:13 pm

Heal debuffing isn't damage though. It's just less healing. Anyway, in organised WB's/Guilds heal debuffing is a regular thing. Not because it pumps numbers but because it's effective at helping to kill an opposing WB.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

BluIzLucky

Post#5 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:25 pm

Proper attribution would be nice, it was discussed in more details (with a bunch of other aspects to capture) on another thread so won't repeat here.. but..
You could say a BG running around the backline in sc heal debuffing is specialized.
Or back when it was a thing, zealots or RPs AoE HDing.

Having a substat under the dmg score, will let you know if it's worth it, especially on classes where picking it comes with big trade offs.

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:13 pm Heal debuffing isn't damage though. It's just less healing.
It's effectively damage as any healing done is additional damage you have to do, so preventing 50% of healing just does this "damage" immediately.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Scottx125

Post#6 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:16 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:25 pm Proper attribution would be nice, it was discussed in more details (with a bunch of other aspects to capture) on another thread so won't repeat here.. but..
You could say a BG running around the backline in sc heal debuffing is specialized.
Or back when it was a thing, zealots or RPs AoE HDing.

Having a substat under the dmg score, will let you know if it's worth it, especially on classes where picking it comes with big trade offs.

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:13 pm Heal debuffing isn't damage though. It's just less healing.
It's effectively damage as any healing done is additional damage you have to do, so preventing 50% of healing just does this "damage" immediately.
Only if it doesn't already overwhelm damage being done. If I get a 25% heal debuff but I'm still out healing all the damage being done. It's not doing extra damage. It's just reducing how much I overheal. So IMO it's not exactly damage. It can be viewed as damage if it actually does increase the damage done, but that doesn't work in all situations and honestly just overcomplicates everything. Healing is healing, damage is damage and protection is anything that prevents taking damage directly. Simple and easy to understand. There's no benefit to this being measured imo. I mean it'd be like saying well Knight auras that give STR, any extra damage done with that extra STR or reduced STR should count towards your damage and protection score.. It's way too complicated and unnecessary.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Aethilmar

Post#7 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:04 pm

Hrm. Dispelled dots shouldn't count as protection and heal debuffs shouldn't count as damage.

That said, I am all for making stats visible in SCs (and in general) that acknowledge the value in other actions. So having a detailed breakdown of each scenario with "damage cleansed" and "heals prevented by debuff" and "AP drained" or "Morale buffed" would be welcome by stat nerds such as myself.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:20 pm

MedV wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:02 pm Sulorie you comment on every post and most times have no idea what the OP is saying. He wants heal debuff to count as dps, and example he gave of a similar iteration is dispelling a dot gives you protection points.

Also you can def specialize in HD. The Mara has a tactic to make it more powerful, the WH/WL both need to go up trees they normally wouldn’t to grab it.

Not that I agree with OPs point but stop posting if you are just going to write things that have nothing to do with Oroginal Post.
Then read again please.
You pick a heal debuff to increase the chances to overwhelm enemy healing by reducing enemy healing score, you don't increase your own damage.
It makes no sense at all to artificially increase your own damage score.
You still deal as much damage as before.
Heal debuffs just lower the threshold of DPS you need to kill a target.
You increase at best your kill score, especially when you are the only one in group with HD.
A cleanse on the other hand or absorb actually removes damage, hence you get protection points.

I would think this is pretty on point, no?
Dying is no option.

Ads
agemennon675

Post#9 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:13 pm

Can it be counted on a seperate value under the dmg column as potential amount of healing reduced ? Its an important contributing factor on an kill it makes sense to have it on board like. Good idea from OP imo
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Fenris78

Post#10 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:13 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:16 pm I mean it'd be like saying well Knight auras that give STR, any extra damage done with that extra STR or reduced STR should count towards your damage and protection score.. It's way too complicated and unnecessary.
Actually stats buff and debuffs are counted towards protection score, like WS increase from Slayer (or his M3 directly debuffing output damage), detaunt, and buffs from Knight auras (toughness/magic resistances buffs as well as str debuff).

Not sure however how is counted STR group buff or backdamage aura regarding Knigth's own damage, tho.