Recent Topics

Ads

Guild flag abuse

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Avanos

Re: Guild flag abuse

Post#21 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:34 pm

I have to say that tosh is one of the only players who actively watches posterns. He has caught me on more than one occasion.
Veretta the Witch Elf

Another satisfied customer

Ads
teoklas

Post#22 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:42 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:24 pm Complaining about WE’s and banners? Who cares, they just run away anyway if you engage then and if you see they are holding a banner wait for the immunity timer to expire then kill them. Ur fault if u see then with banner, see them immunity bubble and u run up to them. Learn the mechanics, get better and quit looking to get bailed out.

And if a siege is starting maybe you should take a more active role in watching posterns looking for WE/WH trying to sneak in and kill them prior to all this on wall punting complaining ever happens.
Yes, from now own, make a whole warband stand in postern with the sole purpose not to kill people, just to counter something this is beign used as an exploit, is this your argument?
the witch elf only needs 3 seconds, poping banner, go top and aoe punt. If she plays it badly and waits for too long, everyone gets away from it because they know what's going to happen. It's this ability to do it very fast and unnoticed what is exploitative, you are failing to understand this.

Toshutkidup

Post#23 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:23 am

teoklas wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:42 pm
Toshutkidup wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:24 pm Complaining about WE’s and banners? Who cares, they just run away anyway if you engage then and if you see they are holding a banner wait for the immunity timer to expire then kill them. Ur fault if u see then with banner, see them immunity bubble and u run up to them. Learn the mechanics, get better and quit looking to get bailed out.

And if a siege is starting maybe you should take a more active role in watching posterns looking for WE/WH trying to sneak in and kill them prior to all this on wall punting complaining ever happens.
Yes, from now own, make a whole warband stand in postern with the sole purpose not to kill people, just to counter something this is beign used as an exploit, is this your argument?
the witch elf only needs 3 seconds, poping banner, go top and aoe punt. If she plays it badly and waits for too long, everyone gets away from it because they know what's going to happen. It's this ability to do it very fast and unnoticed what is exploitative, you are failing to understand this.
no My argument is YOU watch posterns, YOU be active, YOU learn the mechanics buffs/Debuffs of enemies and YOU adapt and get better. Doesnt take a WB to watch a postern for 1 WE or Hell even 6 WE's , takes a few people to be active, pay attention , use the things that "God" gave you called fingers and eyeballs and utilize them.
I have NEVER been punted off a keep because of a banner.. so either im lucky or maybe I dont put myself in a position to get punted off a wall when I see someone who ISNT friendly holding a guild banner.... But again, Im using my fingers and eyeballs.And if maybe you find that someone that you can visually see is holding a banner , and is also immune from damage, and then you still walk forward to engage and get punted off a wall then go to a website to express displeasure in that action happening to you and you want changes made... well not sure what to tell you..
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

teoklas

Post#24 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:38 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:23 am

no My argument is YOU watch posterns, YOU be active, YOU learn the mechanics buffs/Debuffs of enemies and YOU adapt and get better. Doesnt take a WB to watch a postern for 1 WE or Hell even 6 WE's , takes a few people to be active, pay attention , use the things that "God" gave you called fingers and eyeballs and utilize them.
I have NEVER been punted off a keep because of a banner.. so either im lucky or maybe I dont put myself in a position to get punted off a wall when I see someone who ISNT friendly holding a guild banner.... But again, Im using my fingers and eyeballs.And if maybe you find that someone that you can visually see is holding a banner , and is also immune from damage, and then you still walk forward to engage and get punted off a wall then go to a website to express displeasure in that action happening to you and you want changes made... well not sure what to tell you..
i dont think you read what i wrote
in three seconds a witch elf pops behind everyone with a guild flag and aoe punts everyone, dont think god can give you enough eyeballs to counter that.
you are talking about players who willingly go to the edge of the keep the second they see someone with a guild flag to be punted, saying they are bad players. cant disagree with that. havent seen anybody being that stupid yet. i get that it suits your argument but is not what happens so..idk

Toshutkidup

Post#25 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:47 am

teoklas wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:38 am

in three seconds a witch elf pops behind everyone with a guild flag and aoe punts everyone, dont think god can give you enough eyeballs to counter that.
you are talking about players who willingly go to the edge of the keep the second they see someone with a guild flag to be punted, saying they are bad players. cant disagree with that. havent seen anybody being that stupid yet. i get that it suits your argument but is not what happens so..idk
Guess you didnt read what I wrote either.. if YOU are watching a postern with maybe 1,2,3 other people.. the chances of that WE/WH ever getting to the wall is severely diminished.. so then at that point the banner is nul in void..
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

teoklas

Post#26 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:56 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:47 am

Guess you didnt read what I wrote either.. if YOU are watching a postern with maybe 1,2,3 other people.. the chances of that WE/WH ever getting to the wall is severely diminished.. so then at that point the banner is nul in void..
if you put a class that can spam aoe in a postern, during NA times where population is lowest and not everyone is at the keep, and force them to stay there like its homework or something
man you have been digging hard to come up with an excuse

Toshutkidup

Post#27 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:59 am

teoklas wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:56 am
Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:47 am

if you put a class that can spam aoe in a postern, during NA times where population is lowest and not everyone is at the keep, and force them to stay there like its homework or something
man you have been digging hard to come up with an excuse
First I dont spam AOE.. I wait at posterns and use eyeballs, 2nd Thats exactly what I do during NA or EU and like I said WE banner punts never been an issue for me.. maybe because they doint get to the wall on my shift as they do during ur shift.

tazdingo

Post#28 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:03 am

there should be more methods to knock people from walls, not less. remove vertical check from all pulls and jumps, sieges would be way more interesting

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#29 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:32 am

tazdingo wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:03 am there should be more methods to knock people from walls, not less. remove vertical check from all pulls and jumps, sieges would be way more interesting
Fully agreed! Bring back Engi/Magus magnet/Rift that pulled peeps from keep/Fort Walls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Zw4FUPacc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n9wm3uHmgk This version of pounce was so much fun :D around 25 seconds in.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

nunyamission

Post#30 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:56 am

I live in perpetual fear of being yoinked from between the battlement!