Recent Topics

Ads

BS timed Speed Run quests

Let's talk about... everything else
User avatar
Paura
Posts: 66

BS timed Speed Run quests

Post#1 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:53 pm

The time to finish it is too short considering the problem of teleports that send you back to random areas, plus the time on the timer does not correspond to the real time, it expires 5 minutes earlier than planned. I add that there is no point in losing this quest to have to figure out where to deliver it, really badly thought out as a thing.

We need to fix the timer, it must show real time, there is no point in relying on random numbers.

Increase the time from 1 hour 10 to 1 hour 30 at least because of the problems with the portals.

The costs of the items that can be taken with Champion's Marks are absurd, especially 40 CM to take one colour only Warp Gate Black Dye, you practically force those who want to complete this quest not to even try it, you should have done nothing.

If I have taken the wrong forum section, I apologise in advance.

Ads
rrrutsss
Posts: 169

Re: BS timed Speed Run quests

Post#2 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:05 pm

Id say the portal bug is main issue, but the time is okay if there was no random teleports.

User avatar
Ysaran
Posts: 1240

Re: BS timed Speed Run quests

Post#3 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:07 pm

not sure if it is only hearsay or if it is true but the portal bug happens only if you use the teleport while mounted. i did bs with pug on thursday and we did it in 1h and 30 minutes wiping 2 times and having ppl ported to IC thanks to the bug so I suppose 1h and 10 minutes is actually a reasonable time if you are properly set. I didn't know about the timer being off, thanks for the head up.
Zputadenti

User avatar
Paura
Posts: 66

Re: BS timed Speed Run quests

Post#4 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:09 pm

rrrutsss wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:05 pm Id say the portal bug is main issue, but the time is okay if there was no random teleports.
Imagine you are a few minutes from the end and one of your comrades while going through a portal is sent to ic, and obviously has to start again from the beginning with all the add that you have previously skipped, do you still think it's just enough time to complete it?

User avatar
Paura
Posts: 66

Re: BS timed Speed Run quests

Post#5 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:11 pm

Ysaran wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:07 pm not sure if it is only hearsay or if it is true but the portal bug happens only if you use the teleport while mounted. i did bs with pug on thursday and we did it in 1h and 30 minutes wiping 2 times and having ppl ported to IC thanks to the bug so I suppose 1h and 10 minutes is actually a reasonable time if you are properly set. I didn't know about the timer being off, thanks for the head up.
How can a time of 1.10 hours be reasonable if you just contradicted yourself by saying that you had teleport problems?

User avatar
Paura
Posts: 66

Re: BS timed Speed Run quests

Post#6 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:16 pm

So basically you are saying that it's OK, it all comes down to being lucky that you don't get shot in a different area?

So it doesn't depend on player skill, it's all about randomness...

thanks for confirming that what I'm saying is factual.

Especially very nice and fair that when you kill the last boss of the quest and you still have five minutes left, your time is actually already up but you don't know it.

User avatar
Gladiolix
Posts: 184

Re: BS timed Speed Run quests

Post#7 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:41 pm

They just need to fix the age old teleport bug, time otherwise is fine.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

User avatar
Paura
Posts: 66

Re: BS timed Speed Run quests

Post#8 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:47 pm

Gladiolix wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:41 pm They just need to fix the age old teleport bug, time otherwise is fine.
How many times did you manage to finish in time to get the Mark? If you say so, it means you managed to complete it several times.

Ads
User avatar
Gladiolix
Posts: 184

Re: BS timed Speed Run quests

Post#9 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:49 pm

Paura wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:47 pm
Gladiolix wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:41 pm They just need to fix the age old teleport bug, time otherwise is fine.
How many times did you manage to finish in time to get the Mark? If you say so, it means you managed to complete it several times.
Two tries, two sucesses with 5-10 min time to spare.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

rrrutsss
Posts: 169

Re: BS timed Speed Run quests

Post#10 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:50 pm

Ysaran wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:07 pm not sure if it is only hearsay or if it is true but the portal bug happens only if you use the teleport while mounted.
I also thought that it happens only if you are mounted, but yesterday i was not mounted and got teleported to IC just before the last boss and thus ruining the timed quest because i also had to avoid all the mobs we left behind on the way there and some of em stun you and kill you, ultimately had to die 2 times untill i made it back and wasted alot of time.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 70 guests