ostrogoth182

Marauder or choppa?

Post#1 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Which is better in the long run?

Ads
Penril

Re: Marauder or choppa?

Post#2 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:35 pm

I know most people will say Marauder overall, but if i can get a good tank and healer i prefer Choppa.

Vdova

Post#3 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Marauder if we talk about single target DPS, debuffs, survivability and utility.

Choppa if we talk about raw dmg and AOE.
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

Coryphaus

Post#4 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Eh more raw dmg tan aoe cause choppa has no "real aoe dmg" in my opinion besides that aoe exaust and yer all bleedin now both of which are unimpressive compared to say id. Besides most choppas have to spec st

Ok back on topic Mara is a better 1v1 fighter and roamer but choppa I
Has one of the highest dmg potentials on destro and the highest melee dps on destro but in order to reach your full potential you need a dedicated tank and healer

Mara has more utility than choppa with debuffs and self buffs but does less dmg than choppa

If you have people that you play with in a grp that you trust to get your back then hands down I say roll choppa

But both are essential for grp play

magter3001

Post#5 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Mara is a harder class to play with all of it's abilities but the pay off is greater. They get more better abilities, like Thunderous Blow and Cutting Claw, while Choppas mostly rely on their mechanic and tactics like Wot Rules? in order to do their most damage. Also, Marauders are always a must in melee groups on Destro and are used as off tanks as well in 1tank 3dps parties.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

dkabib

Post#6 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Both are nice and good, choose the one you like the most and you will have fun with it

*cough* *cough* Choppa :lol:
Vanhorts

mickeye

Post#7 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Both are good and the only limitation is player. Bear in mind, that Marauder is well suited for off-group gameplay, Choppa does need support to shine.
Fionne WL | Burlok > Karak Eight Peaks > Eltharion > Karak Azgal > Karak Norn

Xaun

Post#8 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:04 pm

(Double post)
Last edited by Xaun on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Xaun

Post#9 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Xaun wrote:Others have accurately captured the essential differences, so I won't rehash everything

In essence, for T2 you need to ask yourself this:

Am I going to be playing in a group with regular heals and guard

(if NO) no PuG tank or healer will go out of their way to keep you up; at least Mara has a modest self heal

(if YES) do you have voicecomms, some semblance of self control, positional awareness to offset the bloodlust fueled, high octane 3 button mash that is 'playing a Choppa'?

(if NO) do everyone a favor and don't play ChiefWannaChop, play a Sorc or some other poncey rdps that fights from the relative safety of range, leaving less useless fodder for our healers to spread their heals on

(if YES) are you happy dealing higher dmg, but assisting the Mara MA, detaunting often, dropping rage pre-emptively and ffs f%#king speccing heal debuff!

(if NO) play another class (maybe Mara)

(if YES) you may play a Choppa (but stack Str and aim to have 230+ Tou and 450+ Wou so you don't blow the **** out of any tank kind enough to guard you)

One other thing, disregard Order misinformation that says Mara is tanker than Choppa. It's simply nonsense. They have almost exactly the same gear (slightly more items with +Tou on Choppa vs +Willpower on Mara) with exactly the same armor values.

-if- you manage your mechanic well, you outdps the Mara whilst maintaining the same (if not potentially higher with Da Biggest) survivability, as any decent Mara will be (Sav) TB & CC in T2. Stacking high WS as a secondary Stat is pointless as Mara (and WL on order) armor debuff contributes significantly more to dps than all the WS you could possibly stack in T2 (and without the free core +Str/WS -Tou tactic Slayers get). Currently the low amount of +parry from high weapons kill isn't worth the Stat investment

Contrary to Order dogma, switching to Monstro doesn't afford the Mara any defensive improvements (armor penetration negation of attackers WS has not been implemented as of the last time I checked), so unless the spec the +Tou tactic, all they have done by switching to Monstro is nerf their own utility and dps in exchange for a chance to proc a small HoT

Coryphaus

Post#10 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:17 pm

Xaun wrote:

One other thing, disregard Order misinformation that says Mara is tanker than Choppa. It's simply nonsense. They have almost exactly the same gear (slightly more items with +Tou on Choppa vs +Willpower on Mara) with exactly the same armor values.

Some falseness here, in order to do the good dmg that is expected of a choppa you need to run red, hence why "wot rules?" is basically a core tactic on choppa down the line and when you run red ofc your stats and stuff get reduced so thats why choppa is much more fragile than mara and so reliant on guard an heal

Xaun wrote: the bloodlust fueled, high octane 3 button mash that is 'playing a Choppa'?
i assume your trying to be funny here like those people that joke that lotsa choppin is the only ability that you need on choppa