Recent Topics

Ads

Stats

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
noisestorm

Re: Stats

Post#61 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Skills like Murderous Wrath or Impale do indeed stack with your ignore from WeaponSkill. Those also naturally stack with Armordebuffs.
So We have like 4k armor on an enemy. you debuff him 1k and use murderous wrath on him with 20% WS as well. Should look something like 3000 - 20%(3000)=> 2400 - 25%(2400) = 1800 . So 1800 is the value youre hitting on after debuffing and scaling in your WS+inbuilt pen from the skill.

For impale it would look similar, just the last step is not 25% of 2400, but 2400 - 1000 (random flat value from the spell that i dont know right now).

((So basically % skill values are multiplicative with your % from WS, while armor debuffs always come in first and flat value ignores from skills always come after WS.) <- not 100% sure on this one though, but would only be logical this way)

Ads
Azarael

Post#62 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:33 pm

Fixing the formula risks making the renown defenses almost useless. I acknowledge that this is how it may have been on live, but I really would not like to see it changed.

It's already a bit ridiculous, imo, that stacking your attacking stat affects both damage AND defense stat strikethrough, whereas Toughness plus another stat entirely are required to accomplish the same effect in reverse.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#63 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:20 pm

But does the defensive stats still calculates as usual (willpower, initiative and weaponskill to disrupt, dodge and parry)?
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Tesq

Post#64 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:23 pm

would not be better have them reduced by str/bal skill vs tough and intell vs willpower? fix it only on toughness would give to much advantage to tanks, just saying.

or use the live reduction but cut it half

or also bypass a fixed ammount depend from level vs another level.

mursie

Post#65 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:18 pm

Are you sure shield rating is supposed to be divided by 100 and not 10?

with a 100 denominator, most shields are like 2 to 3% block. This makes no sense to me. A divider of 10 makes more sense... I.e. a t3 shield sc weapon is 284 rating or 28.4% block. Max renown speck is add'l 10%.

Am I crazy on this?

Lileldys

Post#66 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:28 pm

mursie wrote:Are you sure shield rating is supposed to be divided by 100 and not 10?

with a 100 denominator, most shields are like 2 to 3% block. This makes no sense to me. A divider of 10 makes more sense... I.e. a t3 shield sc weapon is 284 rating or 28.4% block. Max renown speck is add'l 10%.

Am I crazy on this?
I thought it was: BlockRating/ [(playerlevel * 7.5 + 50)*5] = Block Chance.

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#67 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:11 am

Lileldys wrote:
mursie wrote:Are you sure shield rating is supposed to be divided by 100 and not 10?

Am I crazy on this?
The equation is [BlockRating/(playerlevel * 7.5 + 50) * 0.2] = Block Chance.

This is the formula the character sheet uses, and it's only accurate for PvE.

The (level*7.5+50) bit is the equation for an NPCs stats at any particular level. That is, at level 40, an NPC has 350 Strength. Against players, whom have higher stats, the real block rating will be much less. As I often say, the character sheet lies to you 100% of the time, and you should never trust it. Always assume the player attacking you has a softcapped attack stat.

(BlockRating / 925) * 0.2 = Your true Block Rating at level 35.

Jaycub

Post#68 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:56 am

When are you going to purge the evil character sheet menace and deliver us to salvation?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Lileldys

Post#69 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:57 am

Genisaurus wrote: The equation is [BlockRating/(playerlevel * 7.5 + 50) * 0.2] = Block Chance.

The (level*7.5+50) bit is the equation for an NPCs stats at any particular level. That is, at level 40, an NPC has 350 Strength. Against players, whom have higher stats, the real block rating will be much less. As I often say, the character sheet lies to you 100% of the time, and you should never trust it. Always assume the player attacking you has a softcapped attack stat.

So, presuming an Eternal Shield with rating of 332, you'd have 7.18% block chance vs a 925mainstat player? (I'm presuming that you multiply the result by 100 to get a percentage)(Ignoring the Eternal's 2% block stat).
And guard damage is 1 strength here? Meaning you'd need a 250rating shield to mitigate 50% guard damage(50% block being the hard cap iirc)

mursie

Post#70 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:59 am

Genisaurus wrote:
Lileldys wrote:

Am I crazy on this?
The equation is [BlockRating/(playerlevel * 7.5 + 50) * 0.2] = Block Chance.

This can't be right. A shield at lvl 35 is giving 4.5% block? Putting on a shield gives you basically 5% block at t4? I can't believe this is the way it should be. I would have thought a shield would give at least 25% chance to block