Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [Mara] Gift of monstrosity

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
nat3s

Re: [Mara] Gift of monstrosity [Close Date May 19]

Post#121 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:02 pm

I edited my reply whilst you were posting.

Ok, fair enough, will take my thoughts to General. As I say, I did originally post that i felt monstrosity was overperforming (not especially helpful as an observation!).

The lack of Destruction threads is a real concern though and I think it needed pointing out when you look at this sub-forum. Real glaring imbalances such as SW vs SH don't appear to be being looked at. Thanks
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#122 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Tesq wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:15 pm
625 point of stat is negating atm 100% OF THE TIME on all physical dps. This is in line with negating a full wep skill value as half the wep skill value also contribuite to raise parry, so mara can negate all the offensive side of the wep skill of any phy dps.
Marauders are not in monstro 100% of the time. If they are, they're mindless morale draining, incapable of any burst, playing 'blob on me' thoughtless aoe spam.

SO mara core skill is BETTER than a 13 pt tank skill (GZ we have a winner of the overpowered lottery here), even taking into accoun that it only work vs physical dmg and you could divide the skill in helf it would be 12.5 and we still have to add the heal component of the skill for a value of 1k!!!!. So overall with out spec, mara have a core worth of 13pt+ skill from a TANK...
It's not a skill, it's a mechanic. White lion pounce is BETTER than SM morale pounce. Should we also nerf pounce into the ground because a tank has a similar ability, but a longer cooldown so it's not as good? No. Apples to oranges.

i also want to debunk the point that go from 100% to 10% being too much. you are not going from 100 to 10 you are goign most likely from 50 to 10 because i still have to see anymore break the barrier of the 55% penetration on a DD. Even if that was the case itiems give armor pen reduction so is still around 50%. so have wrote 100% or 50% is the same thing.
The proposal in reality want to make move GoM from 50% to 10%(or 20% as i wrote previously)
As much as you want to "debunk" math, the laws of the universe we're in state that 100>10.

This proposal aims to reduce the survivability of the objectively least thoughtful, skill-devoid build for the class by lowering the skill ceiling and survivability of those players who don't want to be walking chosen auras.

Tesq

Post#123 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:58 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:04 pm
625 point of stat is negating atm 100% OF THE TIME on all physical dps. This is in line with negating a full wep skill value as half the wep skill value also contribuite to raise parry, so mara can negate all the offensive side of the wep skill of any phy dps.
Marauders are not in monstro 100% of the time. If they are, they're mindless morale draining, incapable of any burst, playing 'blob on me' thoughtless aoe spam.

sy, that stance is MOSTRO MASTERY SKILL deisgned to be used FOR use MOSTRO SKILLS which cannot be used other than in MONSTRO MUTATION, why if you are not spamming aoe you should have access to a total physical penetration denier with out spec for it, a bit strong for core def stance? a 5% crit reduction would be enough compared to sw stance, or 2x armoir which would still be influenced by armor pen.

SO mara core skill is BETTER than a 13 pt tank skill (GZ we have a winner of the overpowered lottery here), even taking into accoun that it only work vs physical dmg and you could divide the skill in helf it would be 12.5 and we still have to add the heal component of the skill for a value of 1k!!!!. So overall with out spec, mara have a core worth of 13pt+ skill from a TANK...
It's not a skill, it's a mechanic. White lion pounce is BETTER than SM morale pounce. Should we also nerf pounce into the ground because a tank has a similar ability, but a longer cooldown so it's not as good? No. Apples to oranges.

as above meccanic dosent mean op look sw stance buff and return here sayiong this is fine; pounce was alredy nerfed as escape button, and fix to work properly offensivly so yes it was alredy done. apple are offensive and orange are defensive, you wanna spec apple (sav/brut) and also have orange (GoM);i agree!!! no apples to orange!!!.....
Moreover SM m2 also snare aoe and snarw is undefetable and uncleanseable.

i also want to debunk the point that go from 100% to 10% being too much. you are not going from 100 to 10 you are goign most likely from 50 to 10 because i still have to see anymore break the barrier of the 55% penetration on a DD. Even if that was the case itiems give armor pen reduction so is still around 50%. so have wrote 100% or 50% is the same thing.
The proposal in reality want to make move GoM from 50% to 10%(or 20% as i wrote previously)
As much as you want to "debunk" math, the laws of the universe we're in state that 100>10.

This proposal aims to reduce the survivability of the objectively least thoughtful, skill-devoid build for the class by lowering the skill ceiling and survivability of those players who don't want to be walking chosen auras.

what ?! if i gotcha what you're trying to say:

1-first thing first the fact that the skill is no brain is a sufficent reason to reduces its impact in ORVR
2-second there is no skill involved in GoM, is a passive proc.....(unless stance swap on f1, f2,f3 is being skillfull)
3-all chosen aura stack with GoM and do it so well, aswell as BO "save me hide" so this is another reason why GoM for no investiment buff a "very good" stats which/because is NOT covered anywhere and on top of that it also buff it fully (100%)

Last edited by Tesq on Sat May 19, 2018 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonyjones

Post#124 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:13 am

Spoiler:
You say it as if you dont want to understand, and i wont suppose on your reason, that gift of monstrosity is on monstro transformation that allow 2-4 single target ability, with 1 dot and single target that is spammable have 2 component, and dont crit and dps is terrible compared to impale. So marauder under gift of monstrosity cannot do single target high dps,

but yes they tank pretty much. ye its not a mirrored class gtame,for example, ib have insane crit, grudge generatin, strike that ignore armor, etc and bg have 5 sec kd, long kb, insane crit reduc etc, but are we whining about mobility of wl or heal of ingee?

By changing balnace, wont you do just imprevisible thing like making ppl reroll tank ,resulting in overtanked population or some **** like this.

Remember this tankiness of mara is mostly to counter survivbility from mobility of wl.
A lot of hypotheses not really related - Dan

adamthelc

Post#125 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:44 am

The potential to constantly negate an offensive stat is not something a dps should have. Tanks dont even have that.

It's not game breaking, so it doesn't NEED to be changed. Personally I think it should be toned down in some way. Could be uptime/proc rate, effectiveness or usability. It's not hard to swap stances for survivability even if a majority of players dont do it.

Making the amount of armor pen ignored scale with points in monstrosity might make sense, but that's probably not possible.

dansari

Post#126 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:03 am

Locking
<Salt Factory>