Martyrs Square (EN)
Player count :
Faction ratio (Order/Destruction) :
Tier 1 (164) :
Tier 2+ (819) :
- Patch Notes 17/03/2023 Highlights
Live Event: Wild Hunt
Every year Orion's rebirth in the Wood Elf realm of Athel Loren marks the start of Spring. With Orion's rebirth the Wild Hunt begins, as elves across Athel Loren join the King in the Woods in riding forth and purging the forest of its enemies. This is all done as an offering to the elven God of the Hunt, Kurnous. Enemies of Kurnous beware, for you may become an offering during the Wild Hunt.
Travel to Ellyrion, the kingdom beloved by Kurnous, and find the Vale Vines to his inner sanctum, the Hunter's Vale. During the Wild Hunt, some may be lucky enough to catch sight of the White Stag as it wanders along the southern coast and ranges of Ulthuan. Join the Wild Hunt in honour of Kurnous and prove to the Lord of the Hunt if you are worthy of being a hunter, or the prey.
This event will run between noon March 17th and noon March 27th Altdorf (Server) time.
Basic: [Stag Skull Trophy]
Advanced: [Bleeding Hart Charm] (Check the armoury for other variants)
Elite: [Blessed Hide of Kurnous] Preview here, or the Deepwood Cloak at the top of the gallery here
Quest Rewards: The Stag of Kurnous or the Stag of Isha (or the Daemonwood Disc for the Magus), live-event themed limited time mounts. You can preview the Mounts here and Magus Disc here. ( Note: The Magus disc is temporarily bugged and its appearance will be fixed soon!)
We would like to thank our artists for their continued contributions to RoR. Thanks to their efforts we were able to introduce a new magus disc designed around the live event theme, a new Stag of Isha mount along with its saddle, a newly textured trophy for Order (based on an untextured asset), a new cloak, and new icons.
Dungeon: Hunter's Vale
The time of year has come when all the young hunters of Ulthuan travel to the Annulii Mountains to prove their worth in the eyes of Kurnous, the Lord of the Hunt. As the High Elves prepare to slay mighty beasts in offering to Kurnous, the Dark Elves begin their own hunt. The druchii do so not to please Kurnous, but to show who reigns as the top predator in Ulthuan.
In response to player feedback, the RoR team wanted to use the Wild Hunt as an opportunity to give a slight update to the Hunter's Vale dungeon, or rather the Vale-Walker set in particular.
- Vale-Walker Gear can now be acquired in 4 runs of the Dungeon, instead of the previous 7-step timed quest. If you have the old quest chain, please abandon it and take the new quests.
- Vale-Walker Gear quests are now repeatable, just in case you destroy or lose your existing pieces. Quests are located outside the dungeon entrance.
- Vale-Walker Gear has had stats and set bonuses improved for a number of classes. Click Spoiler tag for more details:
Live Event Quests
This year's Wild Hunt includes new quests to acquire your sacred-stag mounts. These quests are broken up into four brackets based on your character level and have different tasks accordingly. Make sure to read any text in all-caps. Additionally, there is a repeatable quest requiring players to beat the Hunter's Vale, with unique limited-time prizes. All quests are available from Live-Event related NPCs: Hethoac Evertrue in the Altdorf Market Square, or Karalith Raemari in the Inevitable City Apex.
Live Event Shoppe & New Dyes
Ah beautiful colors, what would the world be without beautiful colors? Better without blinding yellow no doubt. This Wild Hunt we are happy to introduce 32 new colors to RoR, two of which are spec-tacular dyes which may make a leprechaun out of a dwarf. Ten of these new dyes are added permanently in the game as drops from the Hunter's Vale bosses; four new optional heroes have been added to Hunter's Vale for those seeking to expand their dye pursuits. The remaining dyes, along with some unique items, are available at the live event vendor. Trophies are displayed in this link for your convenience. In the spirit of the Wood Elves, all good things are fleeting, cherish them while you can. Order players can find Thealyn Rosethorn in the Altdorf Market. Destruction players can find Rakaan Savageblood in the Inevitable City Apex.
Dye previews are available here towards the bottom, but please be aware that the colors may apply differently on different base armor colors. We recommend to use an addon such as Pocket Palette to see how this dye will look on your armor, but please note it may take a few days before the add-on is updated. These colors were inspired largely from official publications, such as the Wood Elf 8th Ed. army book.
Weekend Warfront: Isha's Sorrow
The once tranquil grounds of the Temple of Isha are soaked in the blood of WAR. Once again the armies of Malekith have amassed upon the Lost Temple of Isha. In years long past two brothers, Tyrion and Teclis, forced their enemies from the temple. Tyrion it was who slew Poisonblade, the Witch King's champion, while Teclis accomplished a feat matched by no hero then or since.
The Lost Temple of Isha scenario is open again for characters of all levels! Should the forces of Destruction complete all of their tasks and successfully desecrate the Temple of Isha they will be awarded with the title of "Sorrowmonger" while those amongst the armies of Order who manage to successfully defend the temple and complete their tasks will find themselves dubbed as "Isha's Champion".
This weekend Isha's Sorrow will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Lost Temple of Isha scenario, and extra rewards and titles from completing the event tasks.
The drop campaigns are scheduled for the following times:
Day One: Friday 17/03 - 11:00AM UTC to Saturday 18/03 - 11AM UTC
Day Two: Saturday 18/03 - 11:00AM UTC to Sunday 19/03 - 11AM UTC
Day Three: Sunday 19/03 - 11:00AM UTC to Monday 20/03 - 11AM UTC
Day Four: Friday 24/03 - 11:00AM UTC to Saturday 25/03 - 11AM UTC
Day Five: Saturday 25/03 - 11:00AM UTC to Sunday 26/03 - 11AM UTC
Day Six: Sunday 26/03 - 11:00AM UTC to Monday 27/03 - 11AM UTC
Everyday, you will be able to claim up to 4 rewards by watching one or more eligible streamers for a cumulative total of up to 2 hours.
If you'd like to read more about Twitch Drops and how they work, please checkout this thread.
Green Reward box - 15 Minutes Watch Time
Blue Reward Box - 30 Minutes Watch TimeSpoiler:
Orange Reward Box - 60 Minutes Watch TimeSpoiler:
Day-Specific Rewards - 60 minutes watch time (120m total)Spoiler:
To claim your rewards, please visit https://returnofreckoning.com/account/social/twitch.Spoiler:
New Survey: Night of Murder
Most players will have the opportunity to participate in a Survey regarding our recent Night of Murder Live Event as you enter your capital city.
We'll combine responses from the feedback thread and the in-game survey together, so we appreciate your thoughts on what you liked, any things you didn't like, and any other comments you'd like to share with us.
- The respawn timer of Kamilla the Decayed, Renatta Betz, and Lady Alisha have been lowered from 2 hours to 30 minutes in order to be more player-friendly for the changed Hunter-armor-set quests. Remember, kill credit goes to the party, so party up!
- Minor note from a guilty git - when the armor appearance rework was done back in 2020, someone forgot to update Hunter and include it in the appearance guide. That someone has fixed this, though Tracker now shares an appearance with T1 sets despite being a Tier 2 set. When we look into Tier 2 armor sets, this will be fixed.
- Chainmail Grey, Fortress Grey, Graveyard Earth, Bone Brown, and Bestial Brown now sell for 5 silver in the dye vendor interface. This is in response to player feedback that the lack of any cheap dye options made it hard for new players to begin their colorful journey. They may not be the prettiest colors, but looking fabulous always comes at a cost.
Tier 1 Update - Phase 1: Armor Set Rework
We've fully reworked tier 1 armor sets to improve the new player experience, and to better prepare players for fights after level 15. This process took two observations into mind: First, the T2+ PvP experience is often coupled with mixing sets for different combinations of set bonuses. To teach players earlier that they can mix sets to get multiple set bonuses, we've increased T1 sets to 3-pieces. Decimator and Braggart now have a belt, while Hunter and Carnage have gloves. The new pieces are not part of the ward system at this time.
Second, we've observed that many new players join RoR due to an interest in the Warhammer Fantasy universe, but are perhaps PvP-shy players and prefer to PvE until they feel daring enough to try PvP. Unfortunately, most PvE rewards make these players ill-suited to face better geared players using RvR sets, making their PvP experience more difficult and making it unlikely that they will continue to try PvP.
Until now, PvE rewards were vastly inferior to PvP rewards - we aim to change this going forward. We've now finished updating Tier 1 influence rewards, and have begun analyzing Tier 1 quests in order to improve their rewards, but this will take some time. For now, we've increased the item level and stats of Carnage, and fixed any item level discrepancies in Tier 1 sets (along with irregularities where some classes had more/fewer stats than others). Below are the changes:
- Decimator remains an item-level 11 set. Its boots have had their armor slightly increased, along with minor stat adjustments. The 2-piece set bonus as been increased from +14 to +18.
- Braggart remains an item-level 11 set. Its boots have had their armor slightly increased, along with minor stat adjustments. The 2-piece set bonus has been increased from +14 to +18.
- Hunter has been increased from an item-level of 8 to 10, resulting in increased stats on the boots and a decrease in stats on the chest piece, as it was far too strong for its level. The quest to acquire Hunter gear has been reworked to make this set more accessible. (More on this in the Quest section.) Hunter gear is no longer salvageable due to the nature of the new quest.
- Carnage has been increased from an item-level of 5 to 9. This has resulted in stat and armor increases. As Carnage was likely to be one of the first sets a player acquired, we have removed the 'power' stats from these sets to keep things straightforward for new players.
Analyzing and improving the Tier 1 Armor sets and Chapter Influence rewards concludes Phase 1 of our Tier-1 Update. As mentioned above, we hope to continue on to Phase 2 or 3 with our revised quest rewards, but this will take some time as there are hundreds of quests in Tier 1. Phase 2 or 3? Yes, because we have some other plans for the Tier 1 PvE experience we hope to unveil this year. We will of course carry on this work into higher tiers with time, but our database team are very sleep-deprived and need a little break.
We understand that the majority of RoR's community are here for the PvP, and we believe that to grow our population it's in everyone's best interest to improve the PvE experience, especially in the lower tiers. Players who come for the PvE and try the PvP can learn to love PvP, but PvPing in your white +3 strength chest with a +2 talisman is not the best way to be competitive.
- Quests to acquire Hunter Gear have been improved, as the low intensity of fights in some zones made these quests hard to complete. To make this set more accessible, we've made a new repeatable quest for the Hunter set pieces obtainable from NPCs in each race's Tier 1 warcamp. These quests now require killing enemies of a particular race in Tier 1 maps (including scenarios Nordenwatch, Gates of Ekrund, and Khaine's Embrace), and a Tier 1 lair boss. Details on the new quests to get Hunter Gear can be found by clicking the spoiler tag:
- The repeatable Destruction quests in Mount Gunbad ("Dat so-and-so's Threat") have had their dye rewards updated.Spoiler:
- The 7-step "The Hunter's Vale" questline has had its first step deactivated. You can still complete the other steps if you have them, but you can no longer start this quest.
Tier 1 Influence Re-work
Dwarf and Greenskin Chapters 1-4 Influence Rewards have been fully upgraded! You can now get both main spec and off-spec gear for Chapter influence, as well as Blue Rarity gear for Elite rewards and a new Purple Rarity Helm in Chapter 4.
Additionally, Empire and Chaos Chapter 1-4 Influence Rewards have had their stats increased slightly to match the newly updated Elf and Dwarf/Greenskin rewards.
This completes the T1 Influence Re-work which we began last year. If community feedback is positive, we may continue to upgrade further Chapter rewards down the line.
- The Night of Murder portals into Cities within T4 warcamps are now properly gone... at least until next year.
- The Hunter set has been added to the armory page in the Tome of Knowledge.
- Challenger Gear now properly requires the Recruit ward to equip.
 - The Vines in the Hunter's Vale Dungeon will now properly destroy and raise again.
 - The "Portal of Rage" quest in Bastion Stair now allows Order players to get the same jewelry pieces as Destruction players.
 - Bandit's Pummelers for Marauder now properly appear as gloves instead of boots.
 - Grim Pummelers for Marauder now properly appear as gloves instead of boots.
 - Pummelers of Treachery for Marauder now properly appear as gloves instead of boots.
 - Pummelers of the Wisp for Marauder now properly appear as gloves instead of boots.
 - The quest "Grip of Darkness" is now properly accessible only to Order players.
 - The quest "Bloom of Hope" is now properly accessible only to Order players.
 - Additional guard has been added to Order Chapter 19 camp.
 - Fixed out-of-map terrain issue within Bastion Stair.
 - HP Potions given for the RR80 Milestone quests will now immediately stack into your inventory, instead of needing to update themselves after 30 seconds.
 - Chosen's Rare Fortune Chestpiece now properly displays.
 - Public Quest "Bloody Savages" in the Badlands now properly gives War Tokens, and correct crafting rewards.
- Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:39 am View the latest post
- Patch Notes 17/03/2023
- Patch Notes 24/02/2023 Highlights
Weekend Warfront: Battlemarsh
Things have degenerated in the Marshes of Madness. As both sides struggle for dominance of the crucial battlefield, unable to establish control, veterans of the battles at the ruins of Mourkain conflict return to the site to once again take up arms for the cause. The heroes of Order and the champions of Destruction have but one goal: take control of the Mourkain Temple, once and for all!
This weekend Battlemarsh will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Mourkain Temple scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
Complete all tasks to earn the title "Marshreaper".
Realm versus Realm
- Discordant Skirmish is no longer able to be queued by a party of two players. This is intended to curb some of the intentional or unintentional queue grouping. Please note that we do have bigger scenario changes in the works for the future and this will in no way be a final state.
- Battle For Praag, Howling Gorge & Gromril Crossing will no longer immediatly open the next flag for capture and instead wait 30 seconds before opening.
- Experience and Renown gained in a Fortress battle has been increased.
Tier 1 Influence Re-work
High Elf and Dark Elf Chapters 1-4 have had their influence rewards fully upgraded as part of our ongoing T1 Influence rework. Both realms can now acquire much stronger gear for both Main and Off-specs for their class as early as Chapter 1-2, as well as belts with Talisman Slots and blue rarity weapons.
Chapter 4 now grants a new, special Purple rarity cape. These capes are quite powerful for Tier 1, and will grant protection from either melee or magical attacks - but you'll have to decide which to choose.
Next, we'll move onto the final T1 Influence Re-work for Dwarf and Greenskin chapters. You'll also see a slight stat increase for Chaos/Empire influence items, so stay tuned!
- The Lair for Feculesh the Defiler is now active within Ostland, and defeating the boss drops tradable items with Disrupt chance. (Note: The original version of this lair on live required first finding 14 Gravestones in the world, which is not currently required.)
World Building: Voice Lines
- Grand Theogonist Volkmar now has idle Voice-over lines and will sporadically speak within the Temple of Sigmar.
- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer also now has idle voice-over lines within Karaz-a-karak.
- Engra Deathsword now has idle Voice-over lines and will sporadically speak in the Sacellum Arena, and Lycithas the Harridan Seer now has an idle Voice-over line within the Monolith.
- High Elf Chapter 1 now has new NPC dialogue for Calumel Survivors, and voiced lines added for Galoran Surewind.
- Bankers should no longer have empty slot which you cannot use if that slot previously had a discontinued item.
 - The Marauder Harbinger Pummelers are now actually Pummelers, with icon and in-game model fixed. No more putting boots on your hands, even if it is funny.
 - Fixed a clipping issue that allowed players to go through the wall in IC.
 - "It ain't Bad in Da Gudlands" quest for Destro has been improved to require 20 kills from anywhere within the Badlands, instead of requiring kills at a specific BO.
 - The Bestial Token vendor in Karaz Eight Peaks now works properly.
 - A portal was added for sneaky destro to leave the Bright Wizard College.
 - The Essence of Khaine can now be worn by everyone with questionable taste in trophies and aromatic products.
 - Goblin Green Dyes existed with three IDs preventing them from stacking. Two of these now decay into the lowest value ID so after decaying they will stack. Not a pretty solution, but it is a workaround of sorts.
- Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:42 pm View the latest post
- Patch Notes 24/02/2023
- Patch Notes 09/02/2023 Highlights
Live Event: Night of Murder
Preview the Live Event on YouTube
As darkness falls on the Night of Murder, the worshippers of death bathe the land in blood, all intent on proving their devotion to the Elven god Khaine. It is a time that the forces of Destruction are all too willing to exploit. Assassins infiltrate the cities, while on the battlefield the differences between Good and Evil fade beneath the crimson haze of bloodlust. None are immune to the will of Khaine during this dark holiday.
The Night of Murder event is active from 12:00 Friday February 10th until 12:00 Monday February 20th. Earn influence by gaining blessings from the Shrines of Khaine found in the RvR lakes of the world and taking part in the 'Marked for Death' quest.
You get +50% XP and Renown in the Khaine's Embrace scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
Additionally, in the spirit of glorious murder, Khaine has decided that each player you slaughter in his honor will have double the chance to drop War Crests.
This Night of Murder we are proud to introduce new saddles for the Pegasus (an Order and Destruction variant), along with a brand new Dark Pegasus along with a corresponding Dark Pegasus Disc for our Magus community. We whole-heartedly thank our modelers and texture artists for their continued contribution to RoR. Magus Disc Previews here (scroll to the bottom).
- Basic: Well-Mounted Skull Places a pike next to the body of a fallen foe, topped with their head.
- Advanced: Khaine’s Caress Event-slot item with career specific stats
- Elite: Cloak of Isha's Tear or Har Ganeth Cloak or Harvest Cloak Unique cloaks for both Order and Destruction, along with one generic cloak for both realms. Preview here (scroll down to Night of Murder 2022). Alternatively, players can choose a Night-of-Murder themed trophy, such as the Murder Fang for Order, the Screaming Skull for Destruction, or either realm can claim the Essence of Khaine. Trophy Previews here
- World Drop: Lobbin’ Noggin There is nothing quite so demoralizing to your enemy as tossing around the skulls of their fallen allies.
- World Drop: Thoroughly Lobbed Nog Send your fallen enemies severed head back to its former owner!
- Quest Reward: Vendetta Vial Mark your enemy target for death with the contents of this vial.
- Quest Reward: Pegasus for Order, Dark Pegasus or Dark Pegasus Disc for Destruction. Additionally, the Habiliment of Khaine for Destruction players who complete a designated section of the Infiltration Questline, or the Crest of the Ravenslayer for Order players.
There are also several hidden extra tasks that will unlock titles to players participating in this murderous holiday.
During the Night of Murder players will get a chance at a new experience - prowling the streets of the enemy's capital during peacetime. This quest is a timed quest that requires you to stealthily navigate the streets of the opposing realm's capital (Altdorf or the Inevitable City will have to do absent true elven capitals), while avoiding roaming guards who are sniffing out enemy infiltrators.
This quest is divided into four brackets, ranks 16-40; renown rank 40-renown rank 79; renown rank 80-83; and renown ranks 84+. Each bracket ends with access to this live event's mount - the pegasus. The first bracket rewards a 30-day pegasus, followed by 60-day, 90-day, and 120-day pegasi for players who push on in the questline. Do use caution - you'll have a choice between claiming a mount or pushing for a longer-duration one, but the tasks only get harder! For those fearing anarchy in the peace-time streets of these capitals, don't worry, Karaz-a-Karak and Karak Eight Peaks are still safe from intruders... for now.
To begin your Infiltration Quest, Destruction players can head to Yasmir at the Outcrop in the Inevitable City (the beastman camp towards the Sacellum) and pick up the 'Hand of Khaine' quest; Order players can speak too Magnus Felberg in the Market Square and pick up the 'Hunting Season' quest.
Live Event Shoppe & Dyes
This Night of Murder visit two new vendors in the Altdorf Palace up the left stairs just after entering the Palace grounds) or the Outcrop in the Inevitable City, to see what limited-time dyes await you.
It wouldn't be a new live event without some new themed dyes. We are happy to introduce 22 new dyes related to the blood-crazed Dark Elves. Three of these dyes (Murderous Rage Red, Rephallim Shimmer Red, and Har Ganeth Steel) are unique in that they replace the specular dyes of your gear (for gear that uses specular dyes); these may only appear if your graphics settings are high enough. Please note that these dyes are only available for purchase during this Live Event, however some dyes may be added to loot tables in the future.
Dye previews are available here towards the bottom, but please be aware that the colors may apply differently on different base armor colors. We recommend to use an addon such as Pocket Palette to see how this dye will look on your armor. These colors were drawn largely from Citadel Paints and Games Workshop publications. We hope to continue to introduce new dyes based on inspiration from the source material in the Live Events to come.
Weekend Warfront: Deadly Embrace
The broken land of the Blighted Isle bears the scars of history, scars that divide the elven race to this day. It was here at the Shrine of Khaine that the God of Murder claimed his most powerful soul, the first Phoenix King Aenarion. Though the Sword of Khaine was returned to its shrine, thousands of years later it calls out for its next victim.
This weekend Deadly Embrace will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Khaine’s Embrace scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
Realm versus Realm
- Thunder Valley
New Guards have arrived on the cliffsides of both the Order and Destruction warcamps. Players on teams who spawn camp and try to pounce into the enemy warcamp will now be vaporized by these guards, as is tradition.
- Reikland Factory
Guards for both Order and Destruction have been pulled back slightly to open up more of this map to fighting. The Guards watching over the side paths (allowing players to make a run for back flags) remain.
- The Old Dwarf Road
This scenario now has magical barriers at each spawn, to prevent enemy players getting into the spawn area.
Destruction's Guards have been moved forward a few feet in this Scenario to provide parity with the guards at Order's spawn. AOE the siege weapons at your own risk!
Realm vs Realm
There was an arched roof near the Order Warcamp that was very difficult to get to, and allowed Ranged players to attack others while also being able to LOS to prevent being hit back. Barriers have been added to prevent this. Similar areas that offer paths to counter-attack remain as-is, and will not be impacted by this change.
Following reports of invaders killing those respawning during sieges while they load, fortresses for both factions have increased their defending guards near the third floor respawn areas. Defenders are still advised to remain vigilant, as even this increase will not protect the top floor entirely.
New text emotes have been added to the game for immediate use. They are:
/sorry - For those times when something went wrong or other players interrupted your nice 1v1.
/peck - For those times when the power of the poultry fills your bones. (Used in an upcoming quest.)
/karen - For those times when you really want to speak to the manager.
 - The Hunter's Boots and Chestpiece will now properly unlock in the Tome of Knowledge Armory, and also now properly grant the Recruit Ward.
- Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:52 pm View the latest post
- Patch Notes 09/02/2023
- Patch Notes 20/01/2023 NOTICE! The last patch requires you to restart the launcher for a DOUBLE patch. If you are missing Ability text in-game, you need to patch again. ATTENTION!
Weekend Warfront: Factory of War
The Reikland Factory is one of the most important manufacturers of arms and ammunition for the armies of the empire. Without it they will be forced to fight with sword and shield alone!
Take the Warehouse and the Machine Shop for your realm! Carve a bloody swath of destruction through your enemies and emerge victorious from the Steamtank Plant!
This weekend Factory of War will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Reikland Factory scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
Players who return to the game with very full inventories and wearing mixed sets will no longer find their armor deleted if it gets stripped off of them due to the ward update.
If your character logs in for the first time in years and your armor isn't in your inventory, please check your Overflow tab at the bottom of your backpack to find the missing pieces of gear. This may have brought back some existing gear which had previously gone missing on a character.
The Buy-back window at a vendor will now remember a few of the most recent items you sold.
This means that even if you sell something important, then disconnect or crash before you have a chance to buy it back, you can still log back in and safely buy your item back without losing it forever.
A number of Public Quests in the Dwarf/Greenskin pairing, as well as a few in other pairings, would not start as of the last patch - these have all been fixed and will work properly upon entering their area again. Some of these PQs include:
- Gudrim's Veterans
- Bar Dawazbak
- Grimbeard Station
- Moonfang Remnant
- Kron Komar Gap
- Marsh Conquest
- Fireforge's Camp
- Battle at Blood Fen
- Revoltin' Gobbos
- Unterbaum Cemetary
 - The Destro version of the Chicken Scouting Quest has been completely re-worked to send the player to T1 Elf, and now properly grants rewards and XP. In addition, this quest (for both factions) now requires characters to be at least Rank 16 to begin, in order to trigger the Chicken transformation.
 - The Slayer of The Hunter's Moon has had its name fixed up from moonrunes into proper punctuation. Tzeentch claims this was all part of the plan.
 - Respawning in Gunbad now works properly again, and will remember your checkpoints.
 - Destro players War Reporting to Marshes of Madness will now properly arrive at the Warcamp, not the PvE camp, unless they select a Public Quest.
 - The "Guile" ability found on some Fortress Weapons now properly reads "Reduces heals by 25%" instead of just "by 25", which caused confusion in the past. All weapons which have this proc included should display it correctly now.
 - Potions purchased from Ruin Set Vendors for PvE War Tokens will now instantly stack with crafted potions. (Previously, some would not stack, and others had to wait 30s to convert.)
 - The Ironclaw Rock Lobba Siege weapons will no longer hunt and chase down players who dare to attack them. Gork or Mork are reportedly to blame for their temporary bout of sentience.
Please note there are a number of open roles on the team, .e.g Artists, Designers, Coders, Game Masters & Community Management. If you are interested and have some spare time feel free to apply.
Click here for a list of open roles.
- Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:22 am View the latest post
- Patch Notes 20/01/2023
- Patch Notes 11/01/2023 Highlights
Weekend Warfront: Days of Doom
The ancient site known as Doomfist Crater is one steeped in myth and lore. Now Order and Destruction forces converge upon the broken landscape, determined to deny their enemies access to whatever treasures may lay buried beneath the surface.
This weekend Days of Doom will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Doomfist Crater scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
Completing all tasks gives the title: The Doomed
Realm versus Realm
Fortress and City Bag updates
- All Fortress reward bags now include Genesis Crests as an option
- All City Siege reward bags now also include Genesis Crests as an option
Though originally announced last year, the Warband Assistant functionality was very buggy and often wouldn't activate at all.
With this patch, new fixes have gone live that allow Warband Leaders to properly set Warband Assistants going forward. Warband Assistants can:
- Move players and manage parties
- Invite players to Warband
- Remove players from Warband (but not the Warband lead)
For leaders of all Warbands, and especially PUG and open groups, we hope this functionality will be useful as you can assign others to help you manage groups, handle invites, and more while the leader makes calls for movements, attacks, and other strategies.
Returning Player Ward Fragment Improvement
Since the new Ward and currency system was introduced, general reception has been very positive to the freedom granted to players in choosing how they wish to acquire wards and gear up.
However, one area that remained challenging for many players was the lack of ward fragments granted for wearing partial sets. Players who returned to the game wearing 4/5 pieces of a set would get no credit for that ward, and in some cases would have to purchase every single set from the bottom back up in order to finally purchase the one item they were missing.
Today, we've added a new check into the system that will automatically grant backwards-compatible ward fragments for returning characters who log in wearing partial sets. As an example, if a character has not logged in since before the Currency change, and logs in wearing Conqueror Shoulders, Helmet, and Gloves, but never unlocked the Chest, they will automatically unlock all previous ward fragments for Shoulders, Helmet, and Gloves from Conqueror down.
This means that returning players will only need to purchase the specific pieces they may be missing, and not the entire set. This now applies to:
- All RvR/PvP Ward Sets (up to Invader)
- All PvE Ward Sets (up to Bloodlord)
While this change won't affect new players or characters who actively play each day, we hope it will have a positive impact for those returning to the game after a long absence.
As part of a continued effort to expand and bring more life to the world, various NPCs are getting new idle dialogue added. These are small additions, but for those who care, will give some more personality to the characters you encounter in the world. New dialogue has been added for:
- Level 16 Mount Vendors in I.C./Altdorf (Stablemaster Hans and Roeland Beastbreaker)
- Level 38 Mount Vendors in I.C./Altdorf (Dismounted Knight and Gesture Stalker)
- Specialty Mount Wrangers in I.C./Altdorf (Earnest Duncan and Bloody Sun Git Handla)
- Beastlord Quest Givers in I.C./Altdorf (Ellyrion Herdmaster and Druchii Beastmaster)
PvE: Tier 1 Influence Re-work
- Basic Rewards (Potions) for High Elf, Dark Elf, Dwarf and Greenskin Chapters 1-4 have been updated to the new improved versions
- All Chapter 4 Public Quests (for both Order and Destruction) now offer War Tokens from their reward bags.
 - Order's duplicate Warlord Vendor has been sent back to the right spot.
- Should have further fixed an issue some players were having them causing them to go back to the character selection screen or crash on logging in.
- Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:31 pm View the latest post
- Patch Notes 11/01/2023