Martyrs Square (EN)
Player count :
Faction ratio (Order/Destruction) :
Tier 1 (81) :
Tier 2+ (550) :
- Patch Notes 08/07/2020 [Weekend Warfront: Slaughter Hills]
Reikland Hills, a key point of defense in the guarding of Altdorf, have come under assault by the forces of the Raven Host. Those hills afford an excellent position from which a siege could be launched on the city. Make haste to the Hills and secure them for your realm!
This weekend Slaughter Hills will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Reikland Hills scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
Various special appearance items are now available for RR85+ players that were previously available with the collectors edition of warhammer online or through marketing events.
They can be bought at the Very Special Dye merchant for 50 gold. To apply the appearance, slot them into the reward item slot at a dye vendor. To remove the appearance, use Barber Surgeon.
- Empire - True Believers: Those with true faith in Sigmar have nothing to fear. Those who would cringe are false followers and must be routed out. Wear the face of the true believer and let your chilling gaze reveal the cowards for the traitors they are.
- High Elves - Tears of Isha: Let those who have found a measure of peace in this world walk through it in harmony, blind to the fear that consumes the rest of us.
- Greenskins - Shiny New 'Ead: Da boss wants you to know dat he don't like your face. If you don't want his ladz to come put a choppa in your 'ead, den you might want to fink about fixin' your gob or gettin' a brainbox wot got some proppa gubbinz.
- Chaos - Raven's Sight: If you would truly dedicate your life to the design of the Raven God, then you must see as he sees. No longer will your mortal sight cloud your vision of his divine motives.
- Dark Elves - The Bloody Hand: Scars and tattoos are gifts of honor, but no mark commands respect like the bloody hand, the mark awarded by the God of Murder himself.
- Dwarfs - Never Be Without: Ye never know when ye might need a quick nip o' bitter t' keep yer senses sharp and hands steady. Try these kegs built special t' keep ye battle ready. Hide them in yer beard or tie them in yer locks so ye'll never be without yer ale.
- Dwarf males - White Dwarfs Beard: If ya ever see a Dwarf whose beard has gone as white as a snowy peak, then that's who ye better be fightin' next to. Any Dwarf who's seen enough to whiten his beard is a Dwarf that can teach ye about stayin' alive.
- Slayers - Snorri Spikes: Brightly orange painted gromril spikes, said to be the same spikes that were driven into the skull of the famous Slayer Snorri Nosebiter!
- Choppas - Chompin Teefz: Da best teef! CHOMP!
Shadow Warrior - Added Movecast flag to several Skirmish abilities to better facilitate Steady Aim.
 Ripose now has a 1s internal cooldown.
- All the GameObjects will once again display their health bar and will no longer make you feel like you are not targeting them
- The Spirit of Aldhelm is now patrolling in the PQ 'Broken Ground'
- The daemon Willbinder is now patrolling in the north of the PQ 'Broken Ground'
Empire Chapter 18
- Rat Trap: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Timeless Wisdom: This quest line has been corrected
- Battle Reports: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Easy Money: This quest is now available from the Coin Purse found in Praag
Empire Chapter 19
- Leashing the Beast: This quest line has been corrected and the quest rewards have been set
- Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:34 am View the latest post
- Patch Notes 08/07/2020
- Patch Notes 01/07/2020 Italian translation provided by elk76
[Weekend Warfront: Assault on Black Crag]
Karak Drazh was once among the mightiest Dwarf strongholds of the World Edge Mountains, but was taken by the Greenskins during the Goblin Wars. Strategically placed at the western end of Death Pass, it guards the approach to Karak Eight Peaks. Today known as Black Crag, it is the most powerful Orc stronghold.
This weekend Assault on Black Crag will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Black Crag Keep scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
- Cleave Limb (WL): Cooldown increased from 5s to 10s, duration reduced from 10s to 5s. This makes it mirror the snare abilities other mdps get.
- Leg Tear (WL): Lowered duration of snare component from 10s to 5s.
- Ensare (WL), Flames of Fate (Mara), Rock Clutch (IB): All these three morale abilities now have 30ft range, 5s duration & deal 900 damage (at lvl 40).
- Fix for getting SC pops while queued when in a warband.
- Supplies at Karak Palik should no longer spawn inside the anvil
- Fixed reservation when crashing inside forts
- Unholy: This Empire Epic Quest is now available until the end and has been corrected and reworked
Note: For the players who have already started this quest line, find the Dark Flame inside the Tower in West Praag to continue the Epic Quest
Empire Chapter 18
- Deaf Ears: This quest line has been reworked
- For the Empire!: Some of the Empire Corpses have been unearthed, and they now drop an armor or a weapon, but not both at the same time
- Bait & Switch: Archmages too will now have the choice between boots and gloves as rewards for the completion of this quest line
 The quest markers have been corrected
- Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:45 pm View the latest post
- Patch Notes 01/07/2020
- Patch Notes 24/06/2020 Italian translation provided by elk76
[Weekend Warfront: Battle at the Gate]
The Phoenix Gate guards the entrance to the inner lands of Ulthuan; soft rolling landscapes where in more peaceful ages the Ellyrion Horselords bred Elven Steeds. Now the plains are filled with signs of war – siege engines and corpses litter the landscape as Order and Destruction forces vie for control of the Phoenix Gate and all that lies beyond.
This weekend Battle at the Gate will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Phoenix Gate scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
- A rejoin feature has been added for all SCs. Players remain eligible for rejoin for 2 minutes after crashing - as long as they crash before the match starts.
* In the case of Solo Ranked: if the match never starts, the SC ends and you are put at the front of the queue.
- Fixed some graphical glitches with realm status not showing on flags in some cases
-  - Dying with the first stage of flag carriers exhaustion buff won't apply the next stage anymore.
- Solo Ranked now waits for everyone to be ready before teleporting everyone in. The pre-match timer starts upon the 12th person being ready to enter, and you are notified as players agree enter the scenario. If players are not ready in a reasonable period of time, the match is forfeit and players are moved back to the front of the queue.
- The games played requirement to purchase ranked gear has been removed.
- The cost of ranked gear has been dropped by half. (already hotfixed last week, missed notes)
- Glass Arrow: Cannot trigger more than once per second and only applies to Path of the Scout abilities. Note: Tooltip is wrong and will be fixed with a client patch later.
- Don't relevel potion buffs when bolstering/debolstering players.
Empire Chapter 17
- Marching Orders: You will now have to gather the Horned and Raven banners
- Turn it Up!: Rogni will nicely give you the Vod-ka if you dare to drink the Kislev Spirits
- Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:04 pm View the latest post
- Patch Notes 24/06/2020
- Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph Hotfix #2
The Garden of Qu'aph may be a refuge in the burning Desert of Numas, but this oasis does not spring forth with life. No, here life is taken to honor the great and cunning Qu'aph, God of Subtlety. In the Scythan tradition, great warriors come here to prove their worth and water the Garden of Qu'aph with their blood. In Numas the dead protect the living. Obey their laws and they shall watch over you, defy their laws and your death shall be swift.
Click here to watch on YouTube
Whilst in The Garden of Qu'aph you may challenge players or groups of your allied or enemy realm to duels. Once the person or group you have challenged accepts the duel you will be permitted to enter the arena and the battle will begin 30 seconds after all participents have entered the arena.
You may duel a player by right clicking on a friendly players unit frame or you may use the /duel command whilst targeting them.
Dueling commands you may use:
/duel - Challenges the target to a duel (same as /duelchallenge)
/duelaccept - Accept a duel challenge
/dueldecline - Decline a duel challenge
/duelcancel - Cancel an outgoing challenge
/duelsurrender - Surrender an existing duel
When wanting to initate a group vs group duel you must be the leader of the group and challenge the leader of the other group to a duel.
- Region (/1) and Region RvR (/2) channels in The Garden of Qu'aph will be cross-realm when on the upper-deck of the arena.
- /say and /shout chat channels will be cross-realm whilst on the upper-deck of the arena.
Combat is not permitted in The Garden of Qu'aph unless it is with a player you are currently dueling. You should not be able to attack any other player whilst in the arena. In the upper-deck if you engage in combat then the Qu'aph Protectors will deal with you. You are however premitted to practice combat with the training dummys. You will not be permitted to enter the arena unless you have challenged someone to a duel. Leaving the area whilst a duel is in progress will be the equivalent of you surrendering.
The upper-deck provides a excellent view of ongoing duels.
You may travel to The Garden of Qu'aph from the flightmaster for the cost of 1 gold piece (under "Land of the Dead"). Additionally Qu'aph has ordered his servants to travel to Altdorf and The Inevitable City and provide a portal for players to access The Garden of Qu'aph.
*Please note that The Garden of Qu'aph is new original content from the Return of Reckoning team and was not avaliable in the original game.
[Weekend Warfront: Factory of War]
The Reikland Factory is one of the most important manufacturers of arms and ammunition for the armies of the empire. Without it they will be forced to fight with sword and shield alone!
Take the Warehouse and the Machine Shop for your realm! Carve a bloody swath of destruction through your enemies and emerge victorious from the Steamtank Plant!
This weekend Factory of War will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Reikland Factory scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
- Merchants for T1 PQ currencies have been added to each T1 warcamp - pay attention to their names
Empire Chapter 15
- Alive!: This quest has been corrected
Empire Chapter 17
- No News...: This quest line has been corrected
- In the Footsteps of Evil: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- An Unholy Bond: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Engineering Destruction: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Bringing Down the House: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Sundered Rock: This quest line has been corrected and the quest rewards have been set
- Added a .guildchangename command that allows a guild leader to rename the guild for a cost of 1000 gold deducted from the Guild vault.
- Some fixes for how fort reservations are generated, should fix issues with total population in fort exceeding the population cap.
[Tome of Knowledge]
- Implemented the Tome unlocks for Walking X Leagues
- Added titles to the unlocks for Winning Duels, see wiki page.
Continuing work on items referenced a few weeks ago here.
Open world PvE Drops completed
R37, R38, R39, Blue weapons
R37, R38, R39, Purple weapons
T4 RR38 RvR Influence Weapons
- Barrage should now drain morale only when VON is active, as intended
- Reduced damage scaling on Broadhead Arrow from 0.9 to 0.45
- Increased damage scaling on Flame Arrow from 1.2 to 2.0 on the initial hit and 0.5 to 1.6 on the DOT damage
This is intended to bring these dots closer together with FA being more efficient than a single BA stack, and about even at two stacks.
Keep in mind this damage scaling is related to the amount of Ballistic Skill you have, and is not a flat 50% damage reduction for Broadhead Arrow.
- Dueling is no longer permitted in Altdorf or The Inevitable City.
- The "Necropolis of Zandri" has been moved on the map and flightmaster to reflect its correct geographical position. However, it is still unaccessable.
-  - Live event summary task will now live update like the other tasks.
-  - Twisting Tower will update flag status to players nearby when they reset.
-  - The typo has been corrected
- Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:52 pm View the latest post
- Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph
- Patch Notes 10/06/2020 - Happy Birthday Note: Due to some live event tasks being buggy the first days of the event, it will be extended until 21:00 Altdorf time on Sunday.
Today Return of Reckoning is 6 years old. It's quite crazy to look back and see how far we have come. When we first opened our doors we only had Empire vs Chaos T1 open, basic ORvR mechanics, level cap of 12, Nordenwatch was the only scenario and a player cap of 50 (See early videos here and here). Fast forward to 2020 and we have had Keep battles with over 1,000 players in, almost 4,000 concurrently connected players, over 300,000 registered accounts, over 1,000,000 characters created, over 1,000,000 scenarios played, over 30,000,000 items, over 100,000,000 Tome of Knowledge Unlocks and over 1,000,000,000 player kills. It's quite something. However we wouldn't have come this far if it wasn't for the amazing volunteers who have contributed a lot of their free time to bringing back this amazing game and the massive amounts of passionate players who make it all worth while.
[Live Event - The Celebration]
For years blood has been shed and the war rages on. Any glimmer of total victory disappears in the blink of an eye, or in layman's terms, as fast as it takes for a [sorceress/bright wizard - realm dependent] to kill you. Instead we noble soldiers chase victory like a squig chases its target into the distant unknown. The madness continues, and in a mad world the mad reign as kings.
The tide of madness surges from the Chaos Wastes across the Old World. Will you confront madness and overcome it, or will you be the next of its victims?
Order - Madness Reigns - Starts from Klaus Grausicht / Altdorf Market Square
Destruction -Herald of Madness - Starts from Verina Eye-Flayer / The Inevitable City Apex
The +50% XP & Renown Buff will be active in all Empire vs Chaos pairings and the Twisted Tower Scenario.
[New Scenario - Twisting Tower]
Within the farthest reaches of the Chaos Wastes resides the enigmatic Twisting Tower. Battle for control over both the Atrium and the Loft to secure the tower and earn points for your realm. Controlling the tower will reveal the Oculus of Change which your realm can seize to earn extra points but beware of the Changers Gaze!
Click here to watch on YouTube
This is a test, if we see it has negative effects on the game we will remove or change it.
A soft cap on morale damage has been added. It functions as a meter that increases for each point of morale damage you take, and decays by 500 points per second. If the meter hits 2400, you will start mitigating 50% of all morale damage you take after that. As long as your meter is above 2400 you will get a buff called "Resolute".
The reasons for this change is that there has been an increased meta around coordinated AoE morale dumps in larger scale fights, which makes wounds the only defensive stat that really matters. Our hope is that this brings more diversity into tactics employed, while still keeping morale damage abilities as a powerful tool.
- Fortress Weapons have been released. These have brand models developed by several talented artists. They can be found at the Invader merchant in your capital city.
1h Weapons cost 60 Invader Crests and 50 gold, along with trading in your 1h Subjugator weapon
2h Weapons cost 120 Invader Crests and 100 gold, along with trading in your 2h Subjugator weapon
note : Due to some late skin rework, some icons may not reflect final appearance. A post to show final look : viewtopic.php?f=65&t=38844
Edit 11.06.20 : EDIT : For IP/copyright reasons (discovered recently), Glaive and rapier are gonna be reworked from scratch asap.
Shadow Warrior changes have arrived. These changes are aimed (haha) at giving ranged Shadow Warrior specs a bit more love, something long overdue. Naturally we will be keeping a close eye on how these changes perform.
Squig Herders are coming up next, but we're going to give it at least a week before we get started on their changes.
Please provide theorycrafting and feedback about these changes on the forums after thoroughly testing them of course.[RvR]Spoiler:
- Increased invader & royal token rewards in RvR bags to 1 in blue, 1 in purple & 2 in gold. Same tome unlock requirements as before applies.
- Keep lords & Fort lords now only display self buffs or debuffs that you have casted on them. This significantly reduces the client lag when targeting them. *
- Applying and removing bolster no longer removes all your buffs, instead it will switch ability level of them. *
- The `.sorenable` and `.sordisable` commands can now enable/disable categories of State of Realm messages. A coming version of State of Realm will make use of this, so if you disable T1 in the addon, you won't even get those messages which improves performance a bit. *
- Auction House fees have been adjusted. On Live the fees were 20% of the vendor price of the item and this amount would be taken when the item was listed. On Return of Reckoning the UI would reflect the functionality on live, but would take out 10% of the buy it now price when the item is sold. The fees will now flucuate depending on the Rating of the City. The higher the rating the lower fees. Fees will now also be taken when listing an item instead of when it is sold and its based on the buy it now price you put. The fee structure is as follows:
- 1 * => 10%
- 2 * => 8%
- 3 * => 6%
- 4 * => 4%
- 5 * => 2%
This is subject to change.
- Results returned from searches has been tweaked to order by lowest price and then by most recently listed. Meaning you do not need to undercut someone to have your item sell first. Previously items were shown in order they were listed in the auction house. *
- On the Brink of Chaos: This Epic Quest has been fully corrected and reworked
Empire Chapter 16
- Rogue River: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Northern Advance: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Trail Gone Cold: This quest has been corrected and reworked
- Grauenburg's Goons: This quest line has been corrected and reworked
- Daemon's Gate: The whole quest line is once again available
- Evil Portents: You will now receive Greta's Skychart to deliver it to Leopold Rohric
- Don't Forget to Tip: This quest is now available from the Cow in Reikland
[Tome Of Knowledge]
- The Live Event page will no longer reset when you progress with a task.
- Tome unlocks for triggering critical hits implemented.
New Public Quest currencies have been added for each tier. PQs in higher chapters in each tier will award higher amounts of currency.
For these new currencies you can buy the Carnage, Havoc, Mayhem and Ruin sets. The vendors are located in the east war quarters in Altdorf and the Pavilion of Slaanesh in the Inevitable City. Same location as the previous Ruin gear vendors.
Blue Heal and AP pots for each tier is also available from the same vendors.
The currencies can also be used to buy lvl 200 containers and blue talisman fragments.
The old Ruin currency has been removed and can be traded in for the new tier 4 PQ currency.
[The Living Snot]
During Boss fights, you will see a new UI element; something we, in the office discord, lovingly refer to as the Win-o-Meter. A horizontal bar represents the total number of points possible in the current boss fight. Shields above and below this bar indicate your realms’ progress: the farther to the right the shield is, the greater number of points your realm has earned. At the end of a Win-o-Meter enabled fight, the side with the most points wins! Points are earned by killing enemy players, healing friendly players and by damaging the boss. 
- The amount of defenders in a fortress has been decreased from 80% of the number of attackers to 75% of the number of attackers.
- Allow queueing for scenarios when you are in a warband.
- Fixed quitter message when queueing up as group.
- The objectives in Mourkain Temple, Tor Anroc & Maw of Madness will no longer reset it you bring them close to the enemy warcamp, only if you bring them close to your own warcamp.
- Added loot notifications in various places when items and currency are added to your inventory.
-  Guild keep claim permission check fixed
-  Supply hand in at warcamp should now work even when keep ownerships are swapped.
* This went live in a hotfix.
- Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:13 pm View the latest post
- Patch Notes 10/06/2020 - Happy Birthday