Martyrs Square (EN)
Player count :
Faction ratio (Order/Destruction) :
Tier 1 (36) :
Tier 2+ (138) :
- Patch Notes 03/08/2022
Weekend Warfront: Foray of Fate
Stumbling upon an unusual network of tunnels beneath Praag, a small band of Order finds themselves within the slumbering walls of The Eternal Citadel. Followed by members of Destruction, these two forces clash within Tchar'zanek's throne room... but that is not all that trespasses through this labyrinth of twisted reality.
This weekend Foray of Fate will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Eternal Citadel scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
If you complete all tasks you will get the title "Eternal Infiltrator" as Order or "Citadel Cerberus" as Destruction.
Realm versus Realm
- The Pick Up Group (PUG) scenario has been changed to the Gates of Ekrund
The mail system has been rebuilt from the ground up. This has been done because of fundamental problems with the original implementation of the mail system. The new system is designed to be feature complete with Mythics implementation. Some functional changes include:
- Expired Cash on Delivery mail will now be returned even if the recipient hasn't logged in.
- Items and money taken from mail will no longer disappear and will be greyed out.
- Mail should be reliable if the server crashes.
- Delayed mail sending, to allow for non-instant mail delivery.
- You can no longer report mail which was not sent from a player.
- Additional information messages to chat when sending mail.
- Mail with less contents will be quicker to mail.
- Many other small changes.
- Please be aware we will be holding back any mail left in your mailboxes for a short while after the patch.
- Vainglorious Epic Quest NPCs Sindri Grothsson and Pyris Painbled have been added to the Empire and Chaos Chapter 1 hubs. For convenience, you can now begin this Epic Quest via these NPCs without needing to start in your capital city.
 There are now enough captive dwarves to complete New Allies, New Enemies.
 AAO & Apathy are now working correctly on zone locks.
Combat and Careers
- We have been doing some work on the ability system and some changes have gone in. We do not expect any change in balance or how any ability performs. However, please be aware that bugs may arise.
- Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:43 am View the latest post
- Patch Notes 03/08/2022
- Patch Notes 21/07/2022
Weekend Warfront: Unforgiving Seas
During one of the recent battles upon the Inner Sea, one of our vessels foundered upon the rocky shoals of the Isle of the Dead. What is worse is that our enemies have done the same. Now both sides scrabble for parts from the many other wrecks so that they may escape the island before their souls are lost. We must ensure that our allies escape that dreaded place.
Two ships have run aground while moving through the storm-wracked seas of Serpent' Passage. One of these vessels belongs to the High Elves, while the other is of Dark Elf origin. Both ships carry valuable supplies that we must claim if we are to gain an edge in this war. At the same time, we must deny these resources to our enemies.
This weekend Unforgiving Seas will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Serpent's Passage scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
- Fortress weapons description has changed from "Requires 'The Invader' ToK Unlock to purchase" to "Requires the Invader's Ward to purchase" in order to avoid confusion
- Vale-Walker armor now have the added description that they "Require the Beastlord ToK to equip."
- Warlord, Sovereign, and Alt-Sovereign armor now has the description "Requires the Invader's Ward to equip."
- The Garden of Qu'aph is available again.
Note: Next weeks patch (expected to be the 27th of July) we will be deploying our new mail system. Although we hope that it goes smoothly. Please make sure you remove any valuable items from your mailbox and claim any Twitch Drop items left over before then. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- We have added a new server status page which displays our different servers and services uptime. If we are experiencing problems we can add status messages and updates there which sync with the launcher. https://status.returnofreckoning.com/
 Shattered Band of Doomsday now has a temporary icon to stop it being invisible in bags.
 Shady Dealing is now given by the correct NPC.
 Spotting Trouble 'Floating Corpse' can now be interacted with.
 Heart of Chaos 'Wyvern Eggs' are now correctly spawned.
 Torches for 'By Torchlight' are now spawned and interactable.
- Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:31 am View the latest post
- Patch Notes 21/07/2022
- Patch Notes 16/07/2022 Highlights
Weekend Warfront: Forged in Blood
The legendary workshop of Logrin Olgrumson has been unearthed, promising both riches and badly needed weapons to the faction that can maintain control of the Forge. Now both Order and Destruction forces converge upon the ancient workshop, both sides determined to claim the Dwarf hoard as their own.
This weekend Forged in Blood will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Logrin's Forge scenario. Completing all tasks rewards the unique title "The Forgelord".
Realm versus Realm
Open World Campaign
The weekly RvR warfront is now based on RvR influence instead of specific tasks. You need 10,000 RvR influence to reach the elite reward. This number might be tweaked in the future and you're welcomed to share reliable feedback about the RvR warfront's progress state.
This change will help you participate in RvR activities without worrying about achieving specific tasks, rendering all activities important at all times, instead of achieving a task and then solely focusing on something else. The change will take effect from next weekly warfront starting on Monday.
- The loser scenario reward will now scale better with the tier brackets. We've enhanced the losing team's rewards from T1 till T4. The losing team will have a mixture of fixed reward (scales with SC tier) + varying reward (scales with SC score)
- The damage buff in High Pass Cemetery has been removed. ]The damage buff was found to increase the gap between the winning and losing team, making any chance of comeback minimal.
- Attacking objects such as doors no longer give contribution or score on the scoreboard on Scenarios or City Sieges. Some players were disrupting their team effort in order to rank higher in contribution, thus hitting doors and objects to score more damage on the leaderboard.
- Fixed issue which caused the Guild Vault to pop up after interacting with it once.
- You can now join a guild members open group by right clicking on his name on the guild roster.
 Fixed ward system tooltip inconsistencies
 Big Slash no longer requires a target in 5ft
 Mayhem Helm has been added to armory and ward system
 Doors no longer give contribution
 Fixed guild bank opening randomly
Sorry about the extended maintanace today. We finished migrating all of our server. This was a lengthy and expensive process which has taken months. We have been rewriting and updating tools which have been written over the last 8 years. Some of the servers we were running on were from 2016 and housed a lot of off scripts and tools all over the place. Now all these services are on our new platform it should allow us to quickly update all of our services in the future, as well as quickly build and deploy new tools.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:12 am View the latest post
- Patch Notes 16/07/2022
- Patch Notes 07/07/2022 Highlights
Weekend Warfront: Bane of Peace
The Dark Elf march through Dragonwake has not gone unchallenged. High Elves and their Order allies have rallied around key locations, determined to protect ancient ruins and dragon nesting sites.
This weekend Bane of Peace will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Dragon's Bane scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
Completing all tasks rewards the title "Orderbane" for destruction characters or "Destructionbane" for order characters.
Combat and Careers
General Changes and Fixes
- Fixed issue with various tactics affecting buffs even after the tactic is removed 
- 'The Forces of Order' and 'The Forces of Desctruction' guild now recruit new players who have not joined a guild by level 5. This is to hopefully provide a way for new players to communicate and meet other new players in order to work together.
- Standards can no longer be placed right up against keep doors.
- Fixed Greensking Chapter 8 respawns in Barak Varr 
- Bleakwing Matriarch eggs now reset to an unbroken state 
- New tutorial windows now appear for new characters when progressing through the first few chapters of the game. We will be introducing more of these over time to introduce new players to concepts less prevalent in other games such as Scenarios and Open Realm vs Realm.
- The /emote command now works again 
- Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:29 pm View the latest post
- Patch Notes 07/07/2022
- Patch Notes 29/06/2022 Highlights
As we experienced numerous issues with mounts, abilities and consumables not working correctly shortly after the patch we had to revert some of the changes. Mainly the ones related to abilities. Therefore you may still experience some issues with C&T and BB/BE. We will look to reimplement the ability changes soon.
Weekend Warfront: Blood Basin
The blackened environs of Black Fire Pass are home to one of the bloodiest battles yet seen. The clash of steel on steel does little to drown out the screams of the wounded as Order and Destruction forces struggle for dominance in the blood-mired snow.
This weekend the Blood Basin will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 Friday to 12:00 Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Black Fire Basin scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
- We should have fixed the underlying cause of the issue which causes players to get stuck or get a black screen logging into characters. Players which have previously needed to be booted out of their guild to be able to log in should now be able to log in again properly.
Technical note: This involved changing how some of our networking worked in order to send data in a way which would have otherwise exceeded the capacity of the client buffer.
- Weapons which are "Main hand or Off hand" can now go into Main and Off hand slots and visa-versa.
- The game should now show an error if it was not possible to use an item appearance instead of failing silently.
- Barakus the Godslayer no longer attacks themselves causing players to not get the kill credit.
- Necromancer Malcidious no longer attacks themselves causing players to not get the kill credit.
 Barakus the Godslayer now counts towards the 'Burrows & Bloodwrought' quest & drops relevant loot.
[-----] Necromancer Malcidious' Spirit's now correctly take on player names as opposed to being called "n's Spirit".
 Necromancer Malcidious now counts towards the 'Crypts & Tunnels' quest & drops relevant loot.
 Gunbad Camp Merchant now lives next to the trash and not on top of it.
 Brittle Forging quest now reads correctly.
 A Newfound Urgency quest now reads correctly.
 The List quest now reads correctly.
 Boom Quest now provides you with the Blasting Powder required to complete the quest.
 Welcher now has the correct game object required to complete the quest.
 Ghoulish Gourmet ToK unlock typos.
 Live Event Mounts that didn't expire correctly now do.
- Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:04 am View the latest post
- Patch Notes 29/06/2022