Recent Topics

Ads

22. Engineer Event: 03.05.2016 - 8pm Altdorf time.

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Glorian

Re: 2. Engineer Formation Fighting Event - 01.07. 8 pm. (gmt

Post#41 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:06 am

At 8pm we were 3 Engineers in the Warcamp and I thought that this will be a quite Evening.
But like a pebbles sliding down a Mountain we turned into an avalanche.
In the End we were 18 Dwarfs in the Formation.

Some of us even forgot to use their armour debuff, and we also had some lvl 12 to 15 Engineers with us and even a Lvl. 1 Engineer directly from Ekrund. ;)

If on the next Event we will also be that much I will make an Extra Unit out of the Ironbreakers and Slayers.
I made a video of the Event and will cut and load it up on youtube these days.
And in the Video you can see that the deadlock with the Destros was broken by a second group of Order Players charging the Healers on the Flank. So a more mobile Combat Unit of Ironbreakers and Slayers would make sense.
Phantomdrake of Shadows of Divinity was also with us, so next time I will ask him to lead the "Bitterstone Warriors".

Destros will Freak out, if they see two Units of Dwarfs on the Battlefield. 8-)

I have made also some Screenshots and they will come up as well.
But most of my Screens have The names of the Players shown.

I think Snobi told me that he has made some good Screens.
So please post any of your Screens in this Thread, or give me the link in a PM and I will load them up on by webspace.

So stay tuned for Pictures and the Video, I personally will watch Zulu tonight to get that feeling from yesterday again. ;)
Last edited by Glorian on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Kragg

Post#42 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:38 am

Glorian wrote:At 8pm we were 3 Engineers in the Warcamp and I thought that this will be a quite Evening.
But like a pebbles sliding down a Mountain we turned into an avalanche.
In the End we were 15 Dwarfs in the Formation.

Some of us even forgot to use their armour debuff, and we also had some lvl 12 to 15 Engineers with us and even a Lvl. 1 Engineer directly from Ekrund. ;)

If on the next Event we will also be that much I will make an Extra Unit out of the Ironbreakers and Slayers.
I made a video of the Event and will cut and load it up on youtube these days.
And in the Video you can see that the deadlock with the Destros was broken by a second group of Order Players charging the Healers on the Flank. So a more mobile Combat Unit of Ironbreakers and Slayers would make sense.
Phantomdrake of Shadows of Divinity was also with us, so next time I will ask him to lead the "Bitterstone Warriors".

Destros will Freak out, if they see two Units of Dwarfs on the Battlefield. 8-)

I have made also some Screenshots and they will come up as well.
But most of my Screens have The names of the Players shown.

I think Snobi told me that he has made some good Screens.
So please post any of your Screens in this Thread, or give me the link in a PM and I will load them up on by webspace.

So stay tuned for Pictures and the Video, I personally will watch Zulu tonight to get that feeling from yesterday again. ;)
It was a great night! Gunlines, awesome healers and strong melee. Many a destro tear was shed that night.

And Zulu is one of my favorite movies! :D
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

seedz

Post#43 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:36 am

Again, thanks for the event, it was really enjoyable fighting with a bit of RP and organization :). I would be glad to join the "Bittersone Warriors" combat unit with my slayer next time !

Cheers :D

By the way, here are two screens off combat
Spoiler:
After combat regroup:

Deployment training:
..:: Seedz - IRW ::.
Ingame: Elween (SW), Seedzz (KoTBS), Seedzy (BW)

Glorian

Post#44 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:09 pm

First I start with the Pictures of the second Event. Video will follow soon.

The Event starts and the first Recruits gather at the Warcamp.
The Line starts in front of Lesti Ardisson.

We march out of the warcamp to some field exercise.
Darn Gyrocopters fly low on that day. ;)
We drawed some spectators left and right while we marched, which led to an elf on almost every picture.
Seriously: Sure it was nice to see that we generate that much interest, but some of the spectators drawed mobs on us while I was explains things, and others try to get me into conversation, or had helpfull tips.
Guys, it is good that you are interested, but I have my hands full of running the event and cant answer to everyone.
And please, please, don't fly or run or ride with or without your mount through the formation. You are destroying the immersion for the participants of the event.
Just create an lvl 11 Engineer and join the fun first hand next time. :D

Lesti tells the recruits the basics of formation fighting.
1. No Engineer or Runepriest walks. You only walk to get into the formation and then you will stay there.
2. Lesti is the first Line. No Engineer or Runepriest in front of him.

After that they are for the first time put in their position in the combat formation.
First Rank Engineers. Second Rank centre Runepriest. Second Rank Flanks the Meleefighters.
We trained Combat Advance and regroup. Corresponding with the appropriate ability.
As it was a drill we trained it until it was working right.

Aaand marching back into the fighting area after 40 minutes.

Formation Setup in the oRvR area.

"Holy-Mother-of-mercy!" You say it destro scum, as if you would know what mercy is. ;)

We pushed them to their warcamp...

But then regrouped several times to give them room to breath and try another attack.
In the beginning the destros where pretty pissed and some leaved. But after awhile they set up a good fighting force.
In the Video later you can see that we entered a deadlock with two Blackorcs pinning us while he was healed to the max. We changed the targets, but finally the deadlock was broken when another Order Group charged the Healers from the flank.

And after all that action the Dismiss of the regiment with the traditional Thunder Volley salute.

Sadly no pictures from in the action which was pretty tense.
Which was actually the reason why I took none. 8-)
Youtube says Video will only take 14 hours to upload. So Tomorrow Evening you might see the whole Event in its glory.
90 minutes of high res dwarven action.

And the next event will be of course in 13 days, on Wednesday the 15. July.

Kaporan

Re: 2. Engineer Formation Fighting Event -Pics online

Post#45 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:18 am

A awesome event ,even with all those flowers eaters around ,mocking us , ohhh! Captain ,don't forget next time first give the order for Flak jacket :mrgreen:
Yorim-Sigurt-Yorik-Yorimlaraen
Bitterstone Thunderers Regiment

Glorian

Post#46 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:22 am

Kaporan wrote:A awesome event ,even with all those flowers eaters around ,mocking us , ohhh! Captain ,don't forget next time first give the order for Flak jacket :mrgreen:
Next time before the RvR I will make a quick pause for weapons and gearcheck. ;)

@All Participants:
It is now two days ago, but I'm still thrilled how well it worked in such a big group and how we gave destro something to chew on. So a big thank you to all the dwarves who showed up. And Especially for the Runepriests who made a great job. Always in Formation, always on alert.

But I assure you that the Formation is still not at its maximum.
Once the /assist function works be ready to shot second row shamans and disciples of khain in an instant.
And after some more Events the Combat Advance and Regroup will be your second nature.

Front rank fire! Rear rank fire, reload!

Glorian

Post#47 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:02 pm

And here is Part 1.
The Basic Training.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Part 2 and 3 with live combat will follow.

Kragg

Re: 2. Engineer Formation Fighting Event -VIDEO online

Post#48 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Looks great, Lesti!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
Glorian

Post#49 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:26 pm

Then switch to HD and it looks even better. :)

Glorian

Post#50 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:26 pm

Formation Combat Action, Part 2!