Recent Topics

Ads

New Launcher Issues

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
erez1985

Re: New Launcher Issues

Post#281 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:17 pm

were do i get the new launcher

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#282 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:17 pm

After initial download of new launcher last night, logged in successfully on second try. Today the Web Server connect is red and hitting Enter result in "Could not connect to Login Server". This happens with both 32 and 64 bit enabled. Will keep trying.

Edit: I see the "Certificates being updated". Cheers, will wait and try again shortly.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ironkodiak

Post#283 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:25 pm

Can't login. Web Server : Red
Login Server : Yellow

tscrappy

Post#284 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:31 pm

The connect button is still greyed-out. Can't get into the game at all.
Skalathryx - Chosen
Ex. Skalathrax - Chosen - Blackthornes GM

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#285 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:33 pm

If you guys need to get in right meow, you can always change the date on your PC back a couple days.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

krattalak

Post#286 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:34 pm

Had to change my date back to the 25th before the login server would turn green.

Once logged in, no buttons work on the UI.

Edit---button issue fixed... War.exe was being contained by Comodo AV.

Martok

Post#287 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:10 am

Ok, with the help of Yaliskah and Wargrimnir I was able to get in game. Thanks all, really.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

frankystein65

Post#288 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:37 am

is there an ETA on the certificates validation completing?

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#289 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:00 am

in the next 24h.

OrcChoppa999

Post#290 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:25 am

Currently Im completely unable to get in the game because the CONNECT button is still greyed out, spent over 4+ hours and still nothing...

1.I start off with a fresh installation, I uncheck it to make it read only.
2.I admin click on RORLauncher, webserver login server are both green, and it updates...
3.RORLauncher proceeds to download only the following:
MANIFEST,audio,data,interface,vo-english,world6/6
However, from what I have seen elsewhere there was supposed to be more files to download after this, and Im not getting them...
4.I attempt to close launcher and try again repeatedly, it keeps doing #3 in an endless loop.
5.I attempt to click cursor at the end of password, and hit ENTER, it launches the game, but it has no character screen, no server screen, just empty.
6.If I close program, it takes me back to the launcher with the CONNECT button showing, but I just get to a black screen with cinematic music playing.
I also get a separate RORerror window:

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at RoRLauncher.Client.k4avtHjZvHLXgkdphSd(Object , Object , Int32 , Int32 , SocketFlags , Object , Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.BeginReceive()
at RoRLauncher.Client.nYN3HMwcp0MHFoyEbTY()
at RoRLauncher.Client.aTeZhtuHK8(Object )

7.I have tried restarting my computer, reinstalling game over 6 times, restoring my registry to a prior date, and to no avail.
I have no AV/interfering software on my win7 computer.
I don't want to have to quit this game but I keep trying and it keeps failing.

Help?

UPDATE: 6/27/2018
So, I downloaded torrent fresh last night, but I tried doing it last night didn't work.
I try again today/next morning with a fresh reinstallation again of the game, and it works! it started downloading the 3455 files after the world6/6 file check.
I forgot to mention that yesterday I set the day back a day before,web/server icons green, but it didn't work, but the next day its working fine.
The error only occurred because yesterday during the first attempt my computer went to sleep 10 minutes into it, which appeared to have malfunctioned it, probably one of the sources of this error:

ADVICE: REMEMBER TO TURN OFF SLEEP IN YOUR POWER SETTINGS BEFORE DOING THE LAUNCHER! OTHERWISE YOU GET THIS ERROR:
Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at RoRLauncher.Client.k4avtHjZvHLXgkdphSd(Object , Object , Int32 , Int32 , SocketFlags , Object , Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.BeginReceive()
at RoRLauncher.Client.nYN3HMwcp0MHFoyEbTY()
at RoRLauncher.Client.aTeZhtuHK8(Object )

I was actually prepared to backup my files today, use Darik's boot and nuke to wipe my computer and reinstall win7, but Im glad the launcher is working today instead. I hope my experience will help contribute to those who are trying to get through their launcher issues.
Last edited by OrcChoppa999 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.