Recent Topics

Ads

Weird Stuttering

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
cmsteel

Weird Stuttering

Post#1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:50 pm

Hello all,

I'm playing in ORvR and yes it gets laggy and frames drop, that's not really my issue at all... my issue is that I'll engage in battle and after a few minutes the stutter starts. By stutter I mean 3 seconds of great game play, then stop, 3 seconds of great game play then stop... over and over unleass I /reloadui. Then 10 or 15 minutes and it all starts over again. Here are my specs and I hope you all can help this issue.

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 3.70GHz 98 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASRock Z370 Pro4-CB (CPUSocket) 28 °C
Graphics
U28E590 (3840x2160@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (ZOTAC International) 31 °C
ForceWare version: 442.19
Storage
111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (SATA-2 (SSD)) 24 °C

Thanks all-

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Weird Stuttering

Post#2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:57 pm

Are you using MiracleGrow addon? Or any new addons you've installed recently? Some AddOns can cause these stutters and FPS drops. It might be worth running without any to see if this is the problem?
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

cmsteel

Post#3 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:42 pm

Thanks Kaelang,

I will try and disable addons- as well my CPU temp as you can see was very high... my AIO plug came out just enough to shut off the pump.

I'm at 30c instead of 98c now :D

I'll post my findings.

Kaelang

Post#4 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:30 am

cmsteel wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:42 pm Thanks Kaelang,

I will try and disable addons- as well my CPU temp as you can see was very high... my AIO plug came out just enough to shut off the pump.

I'm at 30c instead of 98c now :D

I'll post my findings.
No worries - let me know how it goes.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

cmsteel

Post#5 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:51 am

OK so it still does it, however not as bad and seems to clear out after about 3 or 4 minutes... now to solve the disconnection issues.

Kaelang

Post#6 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:01 am

cmsteel wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:51 am OK so it still does it, however not as bad and seems to clear out after about 3 or 4 minutes... now to solve the disconnection issues.
Are you running the client in 64 bit (can be edited through Launcher)?

Thorakk

Post#7 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:12 pm

Kaelang wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:01 am
cmsteel wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:51 am OK so it still does it, however not as bad and seems to clear out after about 3 or 4 minutes... now to solve the disconnection issues.
I'm also having the same issue, very curious if someone knows how to fix it.

Kaelang

Post#8 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:13 pm

Thorakk wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:12 pm
Kaelang wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:01 am
I'm also having the same issue, very curious if someone knows how to fix it.
Are you running the client in 64 bit? And have you tried disabling any nonessential addons to see if that could help?

Ads
cmsteel

Post#9 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:48 am

I have disable all addons at this point. I don't know which one was doing it but it's seemed to have stopped. However, I get disconnected from the server way more in the past week and a half than I ever have before and it's during ORvR- I have a 200mb connection through my isp provider and I don't lag at all anymore, just simply drop.

I will double check the run settings but I seem to remember me setting up the launcher for 64bit.

Thanks for all the replies.