Recent Topics

Ads

Cannot create a character after installing

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Naxxremis

Cannot create a character after installing

Post#1 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:55 am

Hello. I have just installed this game and have tried to play it, however when I load it and connect to the server and try to make a character, its just brings up the race selector, but I cannot do anything else..what I'm presuming are the character models for the races aren't loading, and its just spinning red icons instead..i cant click on anything or do anything. I've tried re-installing and running it as administrator. Please help

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Re: Cannot create a character after installing

Post#2 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:06 am

Naxxremis wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:55 am Hello. I have just installed this game and have tried to play it, however when I load it and connect to the server and try to make a character, its just brings up the race selector, but I cannot do anything else..what I'm presuming are the character models for the races aren't loading, and its just spinning red icons instead..i cant click on anything or do anything. I've tried re-installing and running it as administrator. Please help
Is the game on SSD or HDD?
Those spinning icons stay there for more than 30 sec?
Where is the game installed?
Can you move the entire folder to say directly to C:/ drive or D or whatever drive you have space on. Outside from program files if its there.
Then right click on the entire folder, properties, untick the read-only and apply to all files and folders.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos