Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/07/2019

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Skullgrin
Posts: 418

Re: Patch Notes 23/07/2019

Post#31 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:12 pm

Umm... I think the patch may have broken something. I was playing on Tuesday evening after the patch and I had a couple of odd things occur in Avelorn/Saphery. Note that Order had 160% AAO at the time, and its possible that may have had something to do with these anomalies...

In my first screen shot I had just won in a 2v1 battle. I only received 1 renown for each kill (to be expected with that much AAO for order), however no other rewards dropped either (cash, gear or tokens) which is odd.

Image


In my second screen shot something even odder happened. I was fighting in front of the Dark Elf keep, a nice scrum of around 6-12 players on each side and I died. No biggie, happens all the time, and I noticed that a level 18 player got the killing blow. The odd thing is that I spotted him around a minute later and he had gained 7 levels in that time...

Image


I'm not accusing him of cheating, I think whats happening is some sort of weird server hiccup causing a delay in reporting some statistics and that this hiccup may also be causing rewards to be lost when it happens. Dunno if anything can be done about it, and I have no idea on how you'd report this on the bug tracker. I just noticed this right after the patch, and figured I'd let the Devs know about it...
Image
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/85
Thargimmm - Ironbreaker 40/65

Ads
User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 859

Re: Patch Notes 23/07/2019

Post#32 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:38 pm

If you have severe malus you don't get any rewards - including medals/gear.
<Montague><Capulet>

User avatar
Skullgrin
Posts: 418

Re: Patch Notes 23/07/2019

Post#33 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 pm

Manatikik wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:38 pm
If you have severe malus you don't get any rewards - including medals/gear.

If that were the case then I wouldn't have gotten the 1 renown for each kill, correct?
Image
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/85
Thargimmm - Ironbreaker 40/65

User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 859

Re: Patch Notes 23/07/2019

Post#34 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Skullgrin wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 pm
Manatikik wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:38 pm
If you have severe malus you don't get any rewards - including medals/gear.

If that were the case then I wouldn't have gotten the 1 renown for each kill, correct?
You can still get the RR I’ve found; you’re also not guaranteed gear/medals from kills.
<Montague><Capulet>

User avatar
Skullgrin
Posts: 418

Re: Patch Notes 23/07/2019

Post#35 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:18 pm

Manatikik wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:11 pm
You can still get the RR I’ve found; you’re also not guaranteed gear/medals from kills.

Odd, I've never seen that. I've had kills where I received renown but no rewards, however they were always due to someone else on destro doing more damage to the order target. In fact, that is what I thought the prerequisite for obtaining the rewards is, doing the most overall damage to a target...
Image
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/85
Thargimmm - Ironbreaker 40/65

User avatar
Natherul
Lead Developer
Posts: 3055
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 23/07/2019

Post#36 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:14 am

Skullgrin wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 pm
Manatikik wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:38 pm
If you have severe malus you don't get any rewards - including medals/gear.

If that were the case then I wouldn't have gotten the 1 renown for each kill, correct?
with malus maxed there is no drops and rr is set to 1 per kill.
Lead dev does not mean I´m the best coder around, it just means I have taken on a management role for the devs.
Join the Unofficial IRC
Or the Official Discord
Idrinth´s addon database and client

User avatar
Skullgrin
Posts: 418

Re: Patch Notes 23/07/2019

Post#37 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:48 pm

Natherul wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:14 am
Skullgrin wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 pm
Manatikik wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:38 pm
If you have severe malus you don't get any rewards - including medals/gear.

If that were the case then I wouldn't have gotten the 1 renown for each kill, correct?
with malus maxed there is no drops and rr is set to 1 per kill.

Good to know, any idea what is going on with the sudden 7 level gain in the second screen shot?
Image
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/85
Thargimmm - Ironbreaker 40/65

User avatar
Darks63
Posts: 480

Re: Patch Notes 23/07/2019

Post#38 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:26 pm

Must be a glitch in your ui i fought that wp in scs yesterday and he was about that rank then too.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
Maximillian
Posts: 8

Re: Patch Notes 23/07/2019

Post#39 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:51 am

[Campaign]

- When campaign resets and if there is another fort running it will unceremoniously end with no rewards.

OK so its hard to see how you did not see this coming however one small group of Destro who prefer PvDoor to actually fighting people are waiting for one fort to start and get populated and actively be fort over before flipping another zone and bum rushing the lord. Happened just now when 80+ destro were pushing Reik which was being defended by 60+ Order - it was a good fight until a warband of Destro went and pushed Stonewatch, killed the Stonewatch lord so that the pairings reset immediately and the 140+ players actively playing the game with 30 minutes left on the clock in Reikwatch were crashed to desktop and got nothing because of a 15 minute push by a small group of Destro.

You might want to rethink this particular part of your patch. It made a bad and unfair situation even worse - as was actually predicted earlier in this thread... If your servers aren't up to it perhaps going back to one fort at a time might be the only solution?

chargedbolt
Posts: 27

Re: Patch Notes 23/07/2019

Post#40 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:06 am

Maximillian wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:51 am
[Campaign]

- When campaign resets and if there is another fort running it will unceremoniously end with no rewards.

OK so its hard to see how you did not see this coming however one small group of Destro who prefer PvDoor to actually fighting people are waiting for one fort to start and get populated and actively be fort over before flipping another zone and bum rushing the lord. Happened just now when 80+ destro were pushing Reik which was being defended by 60+ Order - it was a good fight until a warband of Destro went and pushed Stonewatch, killed the Stonewatch lord so that the pairings reset immediately and the 140+ players actively playing the game with 30 minutes left on the clock in Reikwatch were crashed to desktop and got nothing because of a 15 minute push by a small group of Destro.

You might want to rethink this particular part of your patch. It made a bad and unfair situation even worse - as was actually predicted earlier in this thread... If your servers aren't up to it perhaps going back to one fort at a time might be the only solution?
Yes, I was defending on order side during this particular fort, and felt kinda cheated by that destro WB.

This mechanic overall promotes bad behaviour.

Maybe add a fort deserter debuff or something for people that drop out of forts? or maybe just prevent the 3rd fort from taking place.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests