Recent Topics

Ads

Application - Source Code and Database

Help us with developing new features or fix up existing ones. This is the place to apply. C# for game engine, C++ for tools.

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Saradin76

Application - Source Code and Database

Post#1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:52 am

Hi, I'm putting in an application for source code and database here. I'm particularly keen to help with the source code side of things, as I've good experience with C++, Java and Python. I'm a recently returned WAR player, and further a big fan of the Warhammer IP. I've enough free-time that recently I've been looking into the painting side of things.

I am a third year computer science student and am keen to get some real experience in working with code and/or databases. You will see I meet the criteria mentioned below.

Knowledge of the game:

The day Warhammer Online was released I was at work for the day, and not finishing till 11 pm. So eager to play was I that I had the game patching while working, and was planning to play the moment I got home from work. This didn't work out so well though, because the servers were down to 4 am. Needless to say, at 4 am I created a character. I played Warhammer Online for a few years when it was available, and having learned of Return to Reckoning have now returned. My knowledge of the game is at least adequate, and is constantly on the improve.

Motivation to work with the team and to fix bugs:

I am a highly motivated person, and can and will be relied upon to fix things as and when they come up. I am a great team-player, and more than capable of taking constructive feedback. Further, I genuinely like working with people, and hope to further that here.

Programming experience:

I have been using my own programs in sales roles for a long time now, and have a good understanding of what makes them tick. Whether it be simple calculators, or mailout programs, my coding makes my life easier. Further, I am a final year computer science student, and have a lot of programming under my belt, particularly in C++, Python, and Java.

No problem with using default programs like Slack / Skype / OpenVPN GUI / MySql Workbench and other Database Tools:

Of course none of this is any problem at all. Have experience in all of these, and more in regards to databases.

Much free time (around 90-120 minutes a day, also not every third week a longer holiday:

Again, just dandy with this one. Got all the free time in the world at the moment.

Thanks for your consideration.

Ads