Recent Topics

Ads

Black orc solobitz!

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Faction69

Re: Black orc solobitz!

Post#21 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:41 pm

I think op has the right idea, crit just isn't that good without a 50% crit damage tactic. nice to have some here and there sure but building entirely around it like a WH is ill advised when you don't do as much crit damage as a wh and it's much easier to stack main stat and weaponskill

Ads
Pahakukka

Post#22 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:50 pm

Farrul wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:37 am
Pahakukka wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:47 am
reynor007 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:12 pm

on WH you only have a 40% chance of crit damage, and this is always enough to consistently see crits on BO you can get 46% without a stone in the ring and a potion, critical damage in this game is the only thing that really increases damage, whatever one may say, if you don’t have crit and you’re not a slayer, it can’t be called DPS As far as I remember FS 3 gives -15%, this means that you will have about 0 crit chance, because the base crit for a character is on average 14, which means that on BO you will always have about 40% chance of critical damage
Will need to run some tests on My engi or magus someday, but i reasoned that If you crit every 1/5hits. You can make it up by boosting the regular hits with range Power (it does reduced The burst, but is More consistent). Im not sure on exact numbers on how critical dmg is calculated tho so i can be plain wrong here.

Magus is running 45ish crit chance, and engi is More rangepower and lower crit. Both seem to do their tricks
It is generally a better idea to scale the damage from several sources rather than a more one-dimensional approcah. Crit is imho a very significant contribution to being effective but i would not go beyond a certain point.

Tanks have the advantage of decent support crit tactics which means less focus is needed from gear/renown compared to say a white lion etc. For me personally the sweetspot is between 32-35% crit on tanks but i can manage with just 30%, it is enough to burst and kill.

For BO specifically you get two tactics for crit which could produce some nice results with the 5 - off sov set bonuses to crit. It might be worth it to aim for a higher value somewhere around 40ish.

The only tank i've seen being somewhat effective in solo without crit is SM , due to magical attacks and decent attack value scaling on abilities( unlike the chosen who has poor scaling so he needs to stack crit) , but this was before they nerfed SM .

As for mainstait you dont really need to go softcap or above 850-900 str on tanks, imho aim for weapon skill instead. With BO you can achieve 700WS selfbuffed and go off - sov crit instead of WL set.

P.S. On destro side don't have to prioritize overpowered def WE absorb tactic proc on crit so there is really no drawbacks to go with it.

I could try The painboss 5pc wl 2 pc or just swap STR talismans to WS ones. With swapping loudmouth to crit tactic i should have 30ish crit. With More Parry than now. Loudmouth just seem to work really well now
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

akisnaakkeli

Post#23 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:45 am

Pahakukka wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:50 pm

Will need to run some tests on My engi or magus someday, but i reasoned that If you crit every 1/5hits. You can make it up by boosting the regular hits with range Power (it does reduced The burst, but is More consistent). Im not sure on exact numbers on how critical dmg is calculated tho so i can be plain wrong here.

Magus is running 45ish crit chance, and engi is More rangepower and lower crit. Both seem to do their tricks
It is generally a better idea to scale the damage from several sources rather than a more one-dimensional approcah. Crit is imho a very significant contribution to being effective but i would not go beyond a certain point.

Tanks have the advantage of decent support crit tactics which means less focus is needed from gear/renown compared to say a white lion etc. For me personally the sweetspot is between 32-35% crit on tanks but i can manage with just 30%, it is enough to burst and kill.

For BO specifically you get two tactics for crit which could produce some nice results with the 5 - off sov set bonuses to crit. It might be worth it to aim for a higher value somewhere around 40ish.

The only tank i've seen being somewhat effective in solo without crit is SM , due to magical attacks and decent attack value scaling on abilities( unlike the chosen who has poor scaling so he needs to stack crit) , but this was before they nerfed SM .

As for mainstait you dont really need to go softcap or above 850-900 str on tanks, imho aim for weapon skill instead. With BO you can achieve 700WS selfbuffed and go off - sov crit instead of WL set.

P.S. On destro side don't have to prioritize overpowered def WE absorb tactic proc on crit so there is really no drawbacks to go with it.

I could try The painboss 5pc wl 2 pc or just swap STR talismans to WS ones. With swapping loudmouth to crit tactic i should have 30ish crit. With More Parry than now. Loudmouth just seem to work really well now
RoR.builders - Black Orc Waaagh should be 9 pts not 13 but if posssible this build with 4.2s Wpn, though its a shame Blorc dont get 4.2s Bloodlord wpn, but Avoidance proc is 4.2s luckily. I dont have the gear for this spec but Highest AA crits would be pretty goddamn high. If swapping loudmouth for Focused Offense for the Lolz and big dps i think you can AA crit 2500 at least.

Its annoying that it takes 30 renown points to negate 15% Critical hits and you get 14% Crit with 45 rr points... Not very good because RoR has stripped so much Crit away from the game and its the only goddamn thing that is same for everybody and only thing that is not set in stone. 35-55% + Dmg without any crit modifiers. With 25% Crit dmg tactic does it go to 55-75% Dmg increase or is it 35-75% Crit dmg ?

Pahakukka

Post#24 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:39 pm

akisnaakkeli wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:45 am

RoR.builders - Black Orc Waaagh should be 9 pts not 13 but if posssible this build with 4.2s Wpn, though its a shame Blorc dont get 4.2s Bloodlord wpn, but Avoidance proc is 4.2s luckily. I dont have the gear for this spec but Highest AA crits would be pretty goddamn high. If swapping loudmouth for Focused Offense for the Lolz and big dps i think you can AA crit 2500 at least.

Its annoying that it takes 30 renown points to negate 15% Critical hits and you get 14% Crit with 45 rr points... Not very good because RoR has stripped so much Crit away from the game and its the only goddamn thing that is same for everybody and only thing that is not set in stone. 35-55% + Dmg without any crit modifiers. With 25% Crit dmg tactic does it go to 55-75% Dmg increase or is it 35-75% Crit dmg ?
I would love to get waaaagh to 9 points. Would open up possibilities, but doesnt IB have now similar skill also at 12 points on right tree?
I honestly dont know for sure how the critical hit mechanics work in this game exactly, would love to tho.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

akisnaakkeli

Post#25 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:07 pm

Pahakukka wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:39 pm
akisnaakkeli wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:45 am

I would love to get waaaagh to 9 points. Would open up possibilities, but doesnt IB have now similar skill also at 12 points on right tree?
I honestly dont know for sure how the critical hit mechanics work in this game exactly, would love to tho.
yes it would be great at 9 pts. Same for IB's 25% aa dmg buff, Ib version is 20s long with 10s CD and uses 30 grudge which is imo too much. Blorc needs da best blan and it has 5s CD 10s duration.

Pahakukka

Post#26 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 am

I tried to theorycraft this yesterday with Gear I had but wasnt able to get sensible setup for soloing. I ended up with medium armor, no defenses and still pretty weak overall dmg (you might hit hard occasionally,but attacks that won't crit does no dmg). also i wasnt able to muster armor pen at all, so it would Be good for bashing lightarmored toons, which probably would have easy Time kiting you. The 2 tactics spent is harsh too, as you would have to spent renown to More mainstats to compensate The lack of stats from sets

I can see it work with assist train 6man tho. Providing extra dmg to take down targets.

Any More experienced BO have insight for this?
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

Culexus

Post#27 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:28 pm

Yeah I was running the big crit build for a awhile and although it's fun seeing the big crit numbers, you have to sacrifice too much Armour pen and defense for it to be viable for solo roam. It's good against lightly armoured squishies, but it's way less viable against tougher opponents or 1vx. Gl running this against Knick!

People love to rag on defense specced tanks solo roaming, but that's the best way to spec for solo roam as it plays into the strength of the class. We don't hit particularly hard and we're super immobile, but we're hard as hell to kill and rely on grinding people down through attrition to win a fight. It's a strong spec but can easily be kited or just ran away from.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Pahakukka

Post#28 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 pm

Culexus wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:28 pm Yeah I was running the big crit build for a awhile and although it's fun seeing the big crit numbers, you have to sacrifice too much Armour pen and defense for it to be viable for solo roam. It's good against lightly armoured squishies, but it's way less viable against tougher opponents or 1vx. Gl running this against Knick!

People love to rag on defense specced tanks solo roaming, but that's the best way to spec for solo roam as it plays into the strength of the class. We don't hit particularly hard and we're super immobile, but we're hard as hell to kill and rely on grinding people down through attrition to win a fight. It's a strong spec but can easily be kited or just ran away from.
I feel thats exactly the reason why we need to spec more dps, as we dont hit hard anyway. To actually beat someone you need to have steady dmg and enough of it to to have decent chance top finish them if u land champion challenge on them. This snb soloroam meta going on feels like ppl are just waiting for someone else to arrive. I believe Rageproc started it again, and even with his chosen the dmg was not too great. IB can do somehting if other guy hits its oathstone and casts flee when u got the punishing blow on. Blork I cant fgure out how they would deal the dmg, maybe by spamming the undefendable hit constantly.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

Ads
Culexus

Post#29 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pm

Pahakukka wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 pm I feel thats exactly the reason why we need to spec more dps, as we dont hit hard anyway. To actually beat someone you need to have steady dmg and enough of it to to have decent chance top finish them if u land champion challenge on them. This snb soloroam meta going on feels like ppl are just waiting for someone else to arrive. I believe Rageproc started it again, and even with his chosen the dmg was not too great. IB can do somehting if other guy hits its oathstone and casts flee when u got the punishing blow on. Blork I cant fgure out how they would deal the dmg, maybe by spamming the undefendable hit constantly.

My bad, I didn't mean a full snb defense build, but rather having to balance offense and defense rather than the glass-cannon crit spec. I agree we need to still pump out some decent dps (for a tank) and do need to spec into it, but not at the expense of defense. I'm with you on solo BO snb and can't find any way of making it work. Ris tried it for a while if I remember but not sure how he got on with it.

A good example of this is x2 warrior genesis vs x2 pain link of the fleshrender. Taking the genesis over fleshrender only gives an extra 7.8 damage bonus and +24 wounds for which you have to give up 4% armour pen reduction (which works great with sov helm and wl gloves) and 80hp4s regen to add to the sov/wl/pocket regen. Imo it's far better to stack on to existing defense bonuses to make them more impactful rather than trying to squeeze out a small amount of extra dps. The +99 melee power on wl is another example as you have to give up the 3 piece sov bonus for it which means wounds will be really low without the wounds tactic. All for less than 20 damage bonus.

I've tried out every combination I can think of and I've settled on 4wl/3sov/2vi as it seems brings the best of everything.

Sov Helm
Sov Shoulders
Vic Back
Wl Body
Wl Gloves
Sov Belt
Wl Boots
Wl Chain
Vic Chain
x2 pain link of the fleshrender
Fortress Bigchoppa

with +60 strength/wounds lini and 660 armour pot it gives
770 strength (890 with bellow up)
660 Toughness (760 with buff)
550 weapon skill (650 with buff)
920 Wounds
4.8k armour
52% parry (on statdoll)
53% armour pen (with buff)
9% armour pen reduction
6% crit (crap on it's own but does help with crit tactic)
344hp4s regen

With that setup I can do some decent dps while still being really tough to kill if I can keep all the buffs up. I feel that most of our extra damage comes from flat % buffs from the tactic, you wot and challenge rather than strength so I prefer to stack weapon skill over it. The Fortress Bigchoppa helps our main problem as a tank which is mobility. That speed boost can completely change the outcome of a fight if it procs at the right moment.

Not sure if you've tried it yet, but the M2 walk it off is really strong when combined with our other buffs and regen. Going You Wot>Right in da jibbles>savin' me hide>M2>Rock'ard gives you 920 toughness and over 20%reduced armour pen at 6.1K armour for 15 sec. With the absorb up as well you are getting huge damage reduction, allowing your regen to heal loads of hp. Use an absorb pot at the same time and it's absurd.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Pahakukka

Post#30 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:31 am

You are right about The fleshrenders, i think dmg Lost from swapping Genesis away is not meaningfull. Probably The WS/STR annulus rings would Be best as BO has hard Time getting WS up anyway.

The 5pc warlord i need to check. I think The melee Power there might Be surprisingly high dmg increase. But dropping that would allow to free tactic point from wounds. The 20%crit might well Make up to it, specially If used with fort weapons. Even without The crit dmg increase.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer