Recent Topics

Ads

RR 54-66 Witch Hunter Solo & Small group clips

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Faction69

RR 54-66 Witch Hunter Solo & Small group clips

Post#1 » Sat May 04, 2024 8:24 am

Click here to watch on YouTube

Video of mostly solo Conquerer/Vanquisher geared WH on this server where most of the playerbase seems to be in full sov!
(Turn on your own music or mute it if you don't like mine)

Spec: 9/0/13 Repel Blasphemy / Burn Away Lies
Tactics: Brute Force / Flanking / Fanatical Cleansing / Inquisitor's Fury or Riposte

Ads
salazarn

Re: RR 54-66 Witch Hunter Solo & Small group clips

Post#2 » Sat May 04, 2024 9:45 am

You pick your opponents wisely.
But don't talk about wh being decent solo. If you're gonna do that try fighting a sham who can press detaunt or a SH that actually presses disarm and then pots. Or a regen tank and not some blob pve'er with a shield. Or a mara with def spec where your opener does 20% of his hp.
Cos those are solo specs :)

mazi761111

Post#3 » Sat May 04, 2024 10:01 am

60+win80rrwe still is good...
choson:badchosen
chopa:bigpanties

Ysaran

Post#4 » Sat May 04, 2024 10:05 am

salazarn wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:45 am You pick your opponents wisely.
Yeah, that's the most important skill for a soloer.
salazarn wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:45 am try fighting a sham who can press detaunt or a SH that actually presses disarm and then pots.
Sorry if we refuse to stand still while you kill us?
Zputadenti

Stinksuit

Post#5 » Sat May 04, 2024 10:27 am

Nice video :) I like how you tell what opponent/rr you're fighting. Can't wait to meet you in the lakes.

Shanell

Post#6 » Sat May 04, 2024 11:00 am

Nice video! Sweet RR numbers on solo kills as well, I am now thinking about getting on my WH and roaming solo.
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

Faction69

Post#7 » Sat May 04, 2024 7:59 pm

But don't talk about wh being decent solo. If you're gonna do that try fighting a sham who can press detaunt or a SH that actually presses disarm and then pots. Or a regen tank and not some blob pve'er with a shield. Or a mara with def spec where your opener does 20% of his hp.
SH is easy even if they use everything, if they pot you pot back. We have a gap closer to equal their escape. During disarm you can still stay on them and you can use potions still. The only way the SH can win is if they start at range or something goes unexpectedly wrong.

Shamans, dunno honestly, no DPS shaman roams solo, they're always with at least 1 other. I honestly can't remember a single time i had a clear opportunity to 1v1 a dps shaman. Yeah I can't kill good healers 1v1 but I think everyone knows that no class can solo a healer who detaunts & especially one specced to fight melee rather than for healing debuff.

as far as regen tanks go - who can actually kill them 1v1? Regen gear is just broken. They're few and far between and trivially easy to avoid though, so it's not a big deal. I might see one or two per day. Non regen 2h tanks though are relatively easy to kill because torment is the best ability in the game against tanks. But again, you really don't see many of them in situations where you could get a clean 1v1 off.

I think there's a lot more to solo fight selection than just whether or not you can beat the class 1v1. A lot of it is whether you can kill them ASAP, before others come along and kill you. So mdps and SHs are just the easiest targets because they're the least likely to last a while or pull the fight far away by trying to kite.
Last edited by Faction69 on Sat May 04, 2024 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Stinksuit

Post#8 » Sat May 04, 2024 8:03 pm

Faction69 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:59 pm
SH is easy even if they use everything, if they pot you pot back. We have a gap closer to equal their only gap closer. During disarm you can still stay on them and you can use potions still. The only way the SH can win is if they start at range or something goes unexpectedly wrong.

Shamans, dunno honestly, no DPS shaman roams solo, they're always with at least 1 other. Yeah I can't kill good healers 1v1 but I think everyone knows that no class can solo a healer who detaunts.

as far as regen tanks go - who can actually kill them 1v1? Regen gear is just broken. They're few and far between and trivially easy to avoid though, so it's not a big deal. I might see one or two per day. Non regen 2h tanks though are relatively easy to kill because torment is the best ability in the game against tanks.
Sh does have punt too. Ofcourse opener in wh vs sh matters alot (not sure if wh even has a chance against sh atm) if they don't get opener. I wouldnt say good sh's are easy thought for wh. :)

Ads
Faction69

Post#9 » Sat May 04, 2024 8:25 pm

Well I just checked and I've got around 8 1v1 deaths to SH vs 80+ kills. Most of them have gear 3 or 4 tiers above mine as well. It seems like a very easy matchup to me but I'm open to running into an SH who does things better.

Stinksuit

Post#10 » Sat May 04, 2024 8:47 pm

Faction69 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:25 pm Well I just checked and I've got around 8 1v1 deaths to SH vs 80+ kills. Most of them have gear 3 or 4 tiers above mine as well. It seems like a very easy matchup to me but I'm open to running into an SH who does things better.
According to killboard you have 18 solo deaths to sh but that doesn't really matter. Killboard is just numbers with no full context tbf (atleast thats how I view it) I could say the same thing that I only have 16 solo deaths and 60+ something solo kills against wh on my zeal but that doesn't really mean that its a easy matchup and player matters alot ofcourse. Mdpv would dust the floor with me if I had proper 1v1 against his wh. Dont take it the wrong way I'm just saying that sh is not a easy matchup in most cases. Its really good if you manage to beat them consistently on your wh. :) and as I mentioned earlier I cant wait to meet you in the lakes to hopefully have some good 1v1 fights. :D