Recent Topics

Ads

[UI] VinyUI

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.

Moderators: Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Caffeine
Legacy RR80
Posts: 538

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#631 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:52 pm

Edelvises wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:17 pm
Hello, can u please take a look.

1. After first /rel open party windows is screw up. Screen https://i.imgur.com/uO4EE9S.jpg
2. Some ui logs that repeat like 1000 lines in second. 70mb of logs in 2 min.
https://i.imgur.com/RB7heOD.png
https://i.imgur.com/UCXP0bd.png
https://i.imgur.com/qXpMozr.png
3. I dont see log out window.
Looks like a core addon is corrupted. Try revalidating your client torrent.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Ads
EddieStyle
Posts: 2

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#632 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:02 am

Hi, amazing stuff here, love your UI. There is only one "problem" I have with it, the 3 split versions tank/dps/heal.

What I usually do is to have one single UI profile and share it with all my char so once I make any change it automatically applies to all of them. So what I would do here to to use your setup as a base and add any other extra addon (I use motion, miracle grow, and others), or make any custom change in general, slightly moving a window, an action bar, and what not, and have this changes being kept among all my other chars. So you see where the problem is, I loaded the tank profile first and I noticed that the warband players icons are the vanilla ones, not optimal for a healer, so I tried the healer one and I saw that the minimap is in the middle and its actually a lot different in general. I understand why you have 3 different UIs, the guard mod is only used by tanks, etc, but I would love to have a flexible, rounded UI, which could be used by any archetype, so that any change I make is automatically transferred over and I don't have to do maintenance on 3 different UIs. I am pretty sure there is a lot of people like me who would use this option, a fourth all rounded UI as an option to choose and use a sole profile.

Obviously that's a lot of work I am asking you, so I would understand if you re unwilling to do it (also since you split the UIs into 3 you probably feel like its necessary to have separate UIs for different archetypes). So what I would like to ask you is: what are the main big differences between the 3 UIs? mainly which addons are turned off/partially hidden? Which one should I use as a base if I want to make a universal one? This way I can start working on one of them on my own to see if I can come up with a decent compromise.

Sorry if something similar was already asked before but I couldn't find anything in the FAQs and its a 60 page thread, a bit too much too read it all. Consider adding more infos in the OT or a FAQ about it.

Again, thanks for all your work, this UI is FAR BETTER than anything I could ever come up with

User avatar
warlover
Posts: 112

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#633 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:00 am

Thanks

User avatar
Caffeine
Legacy RR80
Posts: 538

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#634 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:20 pm

EddieStyle wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:02 am
Hi, amazing stuff here, love your UI. There is only one "problem" I have with it, the 3 split versions tank/dps/heal.
Spoiler:
What I usually do is to have one single UI profile and share it with all my char so once I make any change it automatically applies to all of them. So what I would do here to to use your setup as a base and add any other extra addon (I use motion, miracle grow, and others), or make any custom change in general, slightly moving a window, an action bar, and what not, and have this changes being kept among all my other chars. So you see where the problem is, I loaded the tank profile first and I noticed that the warband players icons are the vanilla ones, not optimal for a healer, so I tried the healer one and I saw that the minimap is in the middle and its actually a lot different in general. I understand why you have 3 different UIs, the guard mod is only used by tanks, etc, but I would love to have a flexible, rounded UI, which could be used by any archetype, so that any change I make is automatically transferred over and I don't have to do maintenance on 3 different UIs. I am pretty sure there is a lot of people like me who would use this option, a fourth all rounded UI as an option to choose and use a sole profile.

Obviously that's a lot of work I am asking you, so I would understand if you re unwilling to do it (also since you split the UIs into 3 you probably feel like its necessary to have separate UIs for different archetypes). So what I would like to ask you is: what are the main big differences between the 3 UIs? mainly which addons are turned off/partially hidden? Which one should I use as a base if I want to make a universal one? This way I can start working on one of them on my own to see if I can come up with a decent compromise.

Sorry if something similar was already asked before but I couldn't find anything in the FAQs and its a 60 page thread, a bit too much too read it all. Consider adding more infos in the OT or a FAQ about it.

Again, thanks for all your work, this UI is FAR BETTER than anything I could ever come up with

To answer your question directly: there are enough bits and pieces in the pack right now for you to put together a all-rounded profile that will work reasonably well on all archetypes. I doubt I'll be creating a fourth layout any time soon as maintaining 6 profiles is enough work as it is.

Having a single profile for all characters was the pipe dream I started with and over the course of working on this UI I found that it's just not a practical approach. I strongly recommend you to, at the very least, have one profile for each faction. As you will play the game and try out different archetypes I'm sure you will arrive at the same conclusion yourself but feel free to not take my word for it.

While it's technically possible to have a single config file for addons like Enemy and Buffhead that would work for both factions in practice this is a really bad idea. The bigger settings files get the harder they become to maintain and the higher the risk of addons defaulting after the game crashes or you get forcibly booted out of the game.

If I were you here's how I would go about making a generalist setup:

Start by creating a window layout that you are happy with. This will be your base profile that you later clone for two factions. To make your life easier I recommend using Vectors addon. Tips on how to use it can be found here and here.

Once you have the general theme figured out split your base in to Order and Destr profiles.

Copy Enemy settings from the DPS profiles in the pack in to your respective general profiles. For example, destr settings are in:

Code: Select all

VinyUI483\user\settings\Martyrs Square\- destruction_DPS_character_name\Enemy
Pay close attention to which faction you copy from because they are fine-tuned for that faction. This gives you trackers for essential morale buffs/debuffs that you always need to see regardless of what you play.

I strongly recommend using group icon settings in Enemy that come with the pack as turning warband icons on negatively affects fps. In practice when you roam with a warband in RvR it's enough to put a marker on your warband leader to get a sense of direction.

If you later decide to play a healer I strongly recommend starting with your base layout and creating a separate unshared branch for each healer class. You will want to add custom trackers for hots and you will not want to share them between all your other classes.

Copy Buffhead settings from the DPS profiles in the pack to your respective general profiles. Same drill as with Enemy, pay attention to folder names.

As of 4.8.3 the "Aways Show" lists are beefy enough that you can choose to "Hide all" debuffs on Self and still see critical debuffs that would affect your decision making (Boiling Blood, Detaunts, etc). Buffhead tweaking is an art form of it's own so if you have more questions (which you probably do) I'd rather talk about it on discord than write a wall of text :)

As for Tether you can use tank settings from the starter pack on all classes. GeS is smart enough to turn itself off if your character has no Guard ability and Tether is plug and play.

I hope this was of some help.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Wuiph
Posts: 3

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#635 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:46 pm

Hello, new player here.
I downloaded your UI but got problems finding the castbar/ how tot activate it.

EddieStyle
Posts: 2

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#636 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:45 am

Caffeine wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:20 pm
EddieStyle wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:02 am
Hi, amazing stuff here, love your UI. There is only one "problem" I have with it, the 3 split versions tank/dps/heal.
Spoiler:
What I usually do is to have one single UI profile and share it with all my char so once I make any change it automatically applies to all of them. So what I would do here to to use your setup as a base and add any other extra addon (I use motion, miracle grow, and others), or make any custom change in general, slightly moving a window, an action bar, and what not, and have this changes being kept among all my other chars. So you see where the problem is, I loaded the tank profile first and I noticed that the warband players icons are the vanilla ones, not optimal for a healer, so I tried the healer one and I saw that the minimap is in the middle and its actually a lot different in general. I understand why you have 3 different UIs, the guard mod is only used by tanks, etc, but I would love to have a flexible, rounded UI, which could be used by any archetype, so that any change I make is automatically transferred over and I don't have to do maintenance on 3 different UIs. I am pretty sure there is a lot of people like me who would use this option, a fourth all rounded UI as an option to choose and use a sole profile.

Obviously that's a lot of work I am asking you, so I would understand if you re unwilling to do it (also since you split the UIs into 3 you probably feel like its necessary to have separate UIs for different archetypes). So what I would like to ask you is: what are the main big differences between the 3 UIs? mainly which addons are turned off/partially hidden? Which one should I use as a base if I want to make a universal one? This way I can start working on one of them on my own to see if I can come up with a decent compromise.

Sorry if something similar was already asked before but I couldn't find anything in the FAQs and its a 60 page thread, a bit too much too read it all. Consider adding more infos in the OT or a FAQ about it.

Again, thanks for all your work, this UI is FAR BETTER than anything I could ever come up with

To answer your question directly: there are enough bits and pieces in the pack right now for you to put together a all-rounded profile that will work reasonably well on all archetypes. I doubt I'll be creating a fourth layout any time soon as maintaining 6 profiles is enough work as it is.

Having a single profile for all characters was the pipe dream I started with and over the course of working on this UI I found that it's just not a practical approach. I strongly recommend you to, at the very least, have one profile for each faction. As you will play the game and try out different archetypes I'm sure you will arrive at the same conclusion yourself but feel free to not take my word for it.

While it's technically possible to have a single config file for addons like Enemy and Buffhead that would work for both factions in practice this is a really bad idea. The bigger settings files get the harder they become to maintain and the higher the risk of addons defaulting after the game crashes or you get forcibly booted out of the game.

If I were you here's how I would go about making a generalist setup:

Start by creating a window layout that you are happy with. This will be your base profile that you later clone for two factions. To make your life easier I recommend using Vectors addon. Tips on how to use it can be found here and here.

Once you have the general theme figured out split your base in to Order and Destr profiles.

Copy Enemy settings from the DPS profiles in the pack in to your respective general profiles. For example, destr settings are in:

Code: Select all

VinyUI483\user\settings\Martyrs Square\- destruction_DPS_character_name\Enemy
Pay close attention to which faction you copy from because they are fine-tuned for that faction. This gives you trackers for essential morale buffs/debuffs that you always need to see regardless of what you play.

I strongly recommend using group icon settings in Enemy that come with the pack as turning warband icons on negatively affects fps. In practice when you roam with a warband in RvR it's enough to put a marker on your warband leader to get a sense of direction.

If you later decide to play a healer I strongly recommend starting with your base layout and creating a separate unshared branch for each healer class. You will want to add custom trackers for hots and you will not want to share them between all your other classes.

Copy Buffhead settings from the DPS profiles in the pack to your respective general profiles. Same drill as with Enemy, pay attention to folder names.

As of 4.8.3 the "Aways Show" lists are beefy enough that you can choose to "Hide all" debuffs on Self and still see critical debuffs that would affect your decision making (Boiling Blood, Detaunts, etc). Buffhead tweaking is an art form of it's own so if you have more questions (which you probably do) I'd rather talk about it on discord than write a wall of text :)

As for Tether you can use tank settings from the starter pack on all classes. GeS is smart enough to turn itself off if your character has no Guard ability and Tether is plug and play.

I hope this was of some help.
This was indeed of great help and thank you so much for explaining everything so thoroughly. Since you suggested to use several settings from the DPS setup what I did for now is just copy your DPS as a base and I only took Ges and tether from the tank config and pasted over. The things that worry me the most are the addons internal settings and fine tune, like buffhead, they work well as it is and I am not touching them for now. I ll give this a go see how it goes in the next few days and if I can find a good balance for all the classes I play. I only play Order so don't need to split into 2, and yes I ll probably have more questions as issues will arise, and I ll prolly learn the hard way :P

Thanks again for everything and keep up the good work :)

scorpion20
Posts: 15

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#637 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:54 am

Can anyone give me their discord to talk me thorugh on how to move my aciton bars and map with the new addon ? I really don't know how I am a returning player

ChaseSP
Posts: 6

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#638 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:33 am

Found myself unable to open my map using this on my healer, did I screw something up or is there something I overlooed?

Ads
User avatar
Caffeine
Legacy RR80
Posts: 538

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#639 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:34 pm

ChaseSP wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:33 am
Found myself unable to open my map using this on my healer, did I screw something up or is there something I overlooed?
Caps Lock by default, can be changed in keybinding settings.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

ChaseSP
Posts: 6

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#640 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:40 pm

The decision to make healer settings caps lock for map is really weird and I'm not a fan given how common M is but thank you.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests