Recent Topics

Ads

Returning after a two year hiatus, any advice for Marauder?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DavidWAAAGH

Returning after a two year hiatus, any advice for Marauder?

Post#1 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:36 pm

Hello guys,

I'm playing again after a 2 year hiatus lol. I don't know what changed with the class and I literally have no idea which renown passives should I get, stats, build, etc. Should I keep leveling via RvR or PQ's?

I always played AoE Monstro, I'm lvl 36 right now and RR lvl 31.

Thanks!
Hit 'em hard, Hit 'em low and give 'em plenty of Dakka

Ads
Ysaran

Re: Returning after a two year hiatus, any advice for Marauder?

Post#2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:00 am

Hi! Normally your objective should be to reach R40 with RR41+. Since you are already 36/31 you will probably reach R40 with RR40- and thus you can't wear competitive gear. I would suggest you to try to farm ruin* set. Once you reach R40 I would suggest you to try to find a guild/group and experience a little of organized RvR/SC to level fast. About Mara build I can't say much, only got a R17 mara.

*You can farm ruin in T4 PQ
Zputadenti

larsulu
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:20 am

DavidWAAAGH wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:36 pm Hello guys,

I'm playing again after a 2 year hiatus lol. I don't know what changed with the class and I literally have no idea which renown passives should I get, stats, build, etc. Should I keep leveling via RvR or PQ's?

Thanks!
Hey there, monstro spec is still good for wb fight otherwise sava/brut is still the best for small scale fights .
They turned terrible embrace ( pull ) from int stat to strength stat so instead of disrupt now your pull can be parried, pretty fair since Mara is pure str dps class.
They nerfed hard TB 3 times ( thunderous blow ) and draining swipe ( right now pretty useless )
After all Mara still rules, pretty hard to play then others dps but still good.
If you still monstro you can reach lvl 40 in pve with out any problems ( pqs are good in t4 )

As renown abilities go futile strikes/ crit ( Mara sucks on initiative) then you can choose between dodge/disrupt ( pretty good in wb fights and also you got a 10% disrupt tactic )
Also they removed mutations procs from toss axe, they said “ Mara is too strong “
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

DavidWAAAGH

Post#4 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:39 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:00 am Hi! Normally your objective should be to reach R40 with RR41+. Since you are already 36/31 you will probably reach R40 with RR40- and thus you can't wear competitive gear. I would suggest you to try to farm ruin* set. Once you reach R40 I would suggest you to try to find a guild/group and experience a little of organized RvR/SC to level fast. About Mara build I can't say much, only got a R17 mara.

*You can farm ruin in T4 PQ
Thank you for your advice, gonna farm Ruin gear then. Also, I'm going to farm some medallions and RR. Gonna level to 40 with some PQ's and RvR.
Last edited by DavidWAAAGH on Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

DavidWAAAGH

Post#5 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:42 am

larsulu wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:20 am

Thanks!
Hey there, monstro spec is still good for wb fight otherwise sava/brut is still the best for small scale fights .
They turned terrible embrace ( pull ) from int stat to strength stat so instead of disrupt now your pull can be parried, pretty fair since Mara is pure str dps class.
They nerfed hard TB 3 times ( thunderous blow ) and draining swipe ( right now pretty useless )
If you still monstro you can reach lvl 40 in pve with out any problems ( pqs are good in t4 )

As renown abilities go futile strikes/ crit ( Mara sucks on initiative) then you can choose between dodge/disrupt ( pretty good in wb fights and also you got a 10% disrupt tactic )
Also they removed mutations procs from toss axe, they said “ Mara is too strong “
Wow... they changed a lot. I'm playing right now Monstro. It helps a lot in RvR. Thanks for writing the renown abilities, I always went full toughness/wounds before, I liked the def mara because the class is tanky in monstro. Now, I know which renown abilities should I use. Thank you!

larsulu
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:42 am

DavidWAAAGH wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:42 am
larsulu wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:20 am

Thanks!

Wow... they changed a lot. I'm playing right now Monstro. It helps a lot in RvR. Thanks for writing the renown abilities, I always went full toughness/wounds before, I liked the def mara because the class is tanky in monstro. Now, I know which renown abilities should I use. Thank you!

Wounds helps a lot in wb vs wb fights and you can stack thougness as well.
Mara monstro doesn’t deal high damage but you gonna kill all enemy morale/ap with the proper build ( sava for exhaustive strikes tactic and rest in monstro for morale drain tactic ).
Some sets are very good for aoe mara ( onslaught gives you some critical reduction, wounds bonus and wounds proc ).
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok