Recent Topics

Ads

Witch Hunter does not function dont roll one

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Avanos

Re: Witch Hunter does not function dont roll one

Post#11 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:13 am

WH is prob one of the best solo 1v1 classes in the game.. Your inability to play one is your problem.. not an issue with the class.
Veretta the Witch Elf

Ads
BoriqOne

Post#12 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:25 am

Avanos wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:13 am WH is prob one of the best solo 1v1 classes in the game.. Your inability to play one is your problem.. not an issue with the class.
this ^ play it like this lady here, hide behind something, wait for a friendly WB to be close then open up on a low lvl geared toon, and boom you got your kills mate
seen this lady play, very defensive won't hurt you unless some destro is close to save her....copy that, you'll be fine... many kills guaranteed.

Zxul

Post#13 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:23 am

salazarn wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:54 pm
Zxul wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:10 pm
salazarn wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:18 pm stuff
Dps zealot for example considered a much worse solo class, yet I solo fine on one, so if you lose to every class except sorc have you considered that perhaps you don't know how to play WH?

What is your build? Bullets absospam, BAL, TbP, something else? What exactly do you do vs each class? Some examples just looking at what you posted- tanky magus won't kite. Dps dok can't heal if he does do dmg, and with RP+m1 you got 12 sec when dps dok can't do dmg- I have killed dps wps on WE with only m1 just fine. Bg has no defenses until he gets high hate, so he is very killable before that. Etc.
Im RB / BaL aka the only playable WH build.
Dps dok are a mega rarity the roam scene is like 55% Squigh / sham. U can beat one tbh but if they actually go tanky ur parry wont do the trick and they heal to full and u reset or die. They can cleanse bal 2.
Since apparently you are playing a full dps build, would be probably worth trying alternative builds, say this one.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,8131,8128

DG for the kd, and TbP for dmg.

As for sh/sham, kiters are annoying as melee. Just do everything to stack odds in your favor- 30 ft finishers instead of 5 ft one will already help, also moral pump from DG to get to m1 faster vs sh. Also get offhand with 10% to snare target by 40% on being hit- can get it from epic quest, or better version from city dungeons. Also consider speccing Improved Flee- m1>Improved Flee> ap pot can make a difference. Also since you will be going crit anyway worth trying Jagged Edge- it can go off critted Snap Shot, giving you a bit of ranged dmg, might be just enough to finish of a fleeing sh.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Faction69

Post#14 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:46 am

Avanos wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:13 am WH is prob one of the best solo 1v1 classes in the game.. Your inability to play one is your problem.. not an issue with the class.
Need to remove regen WE to give these people a rude awakening as to what the game is like when you don't just beat 90% of players by pure mathematics

sharpblader3

Post#15 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 am

WE still getting fifth tactic for free?

reynor007

Post#16 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:07 am

bro honestly speaking, WH is not even average now he really loses choppa chosen, bo, bg, def WE, sham, dps zeal, def magus, dps magus, ripost mara, SH he received nerfs, and most importantly, bugs that simply broke the assembly and made it unplayable, and fixing them is almost impossible so WH is really very weak, but compared to WE, which received the 5 tactics bug, this is generally funny
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

reynor007

Post#17 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:11 am

sharpblader3 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 am WE still getting fifth tactic for free?
of course it works, I think it will be like with WH, about 1-2 years, I wrote about this error 3 times
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

salazarn

Post#18 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:15 am

Zxul wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:23 am
salazarn wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:54 pm
Zxul wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:10 pm

Dps zealot for example considered a much worse solo class, yet I solo fine on one, so if you lose to every class except sorc have you considered that perhaps you don't know how to play WH?

What is your build? Bullets absospam, BAL, TbP, something else? What exactly do you do vs each class? Some examples just looking at what you posted- tanky magus won't kite. Dps dok can't heal if he does do dmg, and with RP+m1 you got 12 sec when dps dok can't do dmg- I have killed dps wps on WE with only m1 just fine. Bg has no defenses until he gets high hate, so he is very killable before that. Etc.
Im RB / BaL aka the only playable WH build.
Dps dok are a mega rarity the roam scene is like 55% Squigh / sham. U can beat one tbh but if they actually go tanky ur parry wont do the trick and they heal to full and u reset or die. They can cleanse bal 2.
Since apparently you are playing a full dps build, would be probably worth trying alternative builds, say this one.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,8131,8128

DG for the kd, and TbP for dmg.

As for sh/sham, kiters are annoying as melee. Just do everything to stack odds in your favor- 30 ft finishers instead of 5 ft one will already help, also moral pump from DG to get to m1 faster vs sh. Also get offhand with 10% to snare target by 40% on being hit- can get it from epic quest, or better version from city dungeons. Also consider speccing Improved Flee- m1>Improved Flee> ap pot can make a difference. Also since you will be going crit anyway worth trying Jagged Edge- it can go off critted Snap Shot, giving you a bit of ranged dmg, might be just enough to finish of a fleeing sh.

Theres actually some decent tips there so you know what your talking about. Im already going for the snare sword from sentinel pieces atm with the gun from BS.
HOWEVER:
As for improved flee its 25 points I doubt thats worth. Thats 90 or so stats so better to chug ap pot after sprint.

Now trial by pain. For me it doesnt do it. It seems bugged actually. It does no damage for about 1second after pressing keybind. Then, all the channel dmg is focussed into like that last 1second of the spell. I have been interrupted after like 0.7s of TbP and gotten no dmg. Its dmg is also very lacklustre compared to BaL or abso. It just seems they overnerfed it alongside blessed blade nerf.

That is why I say BaL or die.

Its one of the reasons Welf is so much better, because their Bal (witchbrew) is in the same line as their magic dmg abilities and also their heal debuff. They get extra 50% heal debuff just in the default build they wanna play anway. No witch hunter sinks a single point into middle tree ever.

Ads
Zxul

Post#19 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:46 pm

salazarn wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:15 am Theres actually some decent tips there so you know what your talking about. Im already going for the snare sword from sentinel pieces atm with the gun from BS.
HOWEVER:
As for improved flee its 25 points I doubt thats worth. Thats 90 or so stats so better to chug ap pot after sprint.

Now trial by pain. For me it doesnt do it. It seems bugged actually. It does no damage for about 1second after pressing keybind. Then, all the channel dmg is focussed into like that last 1second of the spell. I have been interrupted after like 0.7s of TbP and gotten no dmg. Its dmg is also very lacklustre compared to BaL or abso. It just seems they overnerfed it alongside blessed blade nerf.

That is why I say BaL or die.

Its one of the reasons Welf is so much better, because their Bal (witchbrew) is in the same line as their magic dmg abilities and also their heal debuff. They get extra 50% heal debuff just in the default build they wanna play anway. No witch hunter sinks a single point into middle tree ever.
Improved Flee, I meant Improved Flee 1 for 10 rr points only. Extra 5 sec of speed makes a difference.

To speak of middle tree, I wonder about this setup:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... t=8131,526

Since Fervor apparently ticks as hard as BAL with 3 stacked, its replaces the finisher dmg, and middle tree is maxed to maximize the dmg on it. Exit Wound used for the toughness debuff, to once again add dmg to Fervor.

The rotation is after opener build Fervor *3, then use Fervor as every 5th ability to keep it up. Once at 5 accusations use Exit Wound. Use Seeker's Blade on cd, and Razor Strike/ Torment as filler depending on armor on target. Jagged Edge to add extra dot, and a bit of ranged dmg to help finish off runners.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Omegus

Post#20 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:46 pm

reynor007 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:11 am
sharpblader3 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 am WE still getting fifth tactic for free?
of course it works, I think it will be like with WH, about 1-2 years, I wrote about this error 3 times
Just need to write about it once, clearly, on the bug tracker.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot