Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen vs. Black Orc

Let's talk about... everything else
Joxel111

Re: Chosen vs. Black Orc

Post#21 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:39 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Razid1987 wrote:Chosen is the support tank. You give your party/warband aura's that you have to twist all the time. If you want to go sword and board, this is probably your class.

Black Ocs are more offensive. They can do pretty good damage considering that they are a tank. If you want to go 2hander, this is probably your choice.

In the end, I'd say go with what you like the feel off best. Balance shouldn't be your main concern. You might be strong, but what is it worth, if you don't like to play your class?
Dont listen to razid she plays ordo so she dosnt know what shes talking about ;)

go chosen, its a class thats great in both pve and pvp you offer great buffs for your team espically if you go sword and board and has a lot of team play orinted abalities

IMHO i dont know why everyone is saying BO has "great dps" bo is one of the weakest dps tanks in the game you have a lot of hit points but you hit like a wet noodle TRUST ME I played BO up to t3 before the shutdown and the only way i felt like i was hitting nice was when i used bugged LOTD weps and stacked crits, BO isnt meant to deal dmg, you buff your grp mates and you stand their and take hits your a big wall of metal and green that just annoys order making them say, "why wont you just die"

if you want to deal damage but dont want to get blown up as a choppa or be op broken as mura's then you can try off class BG the class is at its full potential when you use glaives instead of SnB tough it might not feel like it till you get banish weakness and away creatins

Can I ask then what Blackguard is like in comparison to Chosen or BO?

Ads
Razid1987

Post#22 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Well, you never specificed what part of the game you were talking about, so it's understandably that people would talk about T4.

But talking about T1, I don't think there's enough difference between the tanks, to even talk about it that much. They all have Heavy Armor, can hit hard with a 2hander, have Guard, and Hold The Line. But I'd say that in the current state of RoR, both Chosen and KotBS are a bit over the other tanks because of the On Your Guard aura.

And about the "you have to play this class or go home" mentality as correct. Hear me out, the Knight/Chosen was so much stronger as SnB than the other tanks that there was no reason to even play the others. If you wanted to truly do the best, you HAD to reroll to those tanks. It is the reason I stopped playing the game. To quote myself 6 years ago:
"When the most crucial factor for who is winning, is who has the most of a special class, then there is something wrong."

- Razid, Karak-Norn 2009.

TenTonHammer

Post#23 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:27 pm

Joxel111 wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:
Razid1987 wrote:Chosen is the support tank. You give your party/warband aura's that you have to twist all the time. If you want to go sword and board, this is probably your class.

Black Ocs are more offensive. They can do pretty good damage considering that they are a tank. If you want to go 2hander, this is probably your choice.

In the end, I'd say go with what you like the feel off best. Balance shouldn't be your main concern. You might be strong, but what is it worth, if you don't like to play your class?
Dont listen to razid she plays ordo so she dosnt know what shes talking about ;)

go chosen, its a class thats great in both pve and pvp you offer great buffs for your team espically if you go sword and board and has a lot of team play orinted abalities

IMHO i dont know why everyone is saying BO has "great dps" bo is one of the weakest dps tanks in the game you have a lot of hit points but you hit like a wet noodle TRUST ME I played BO up to t3 before the shutdown and the only way i felt like i was hitting nice was when i used bugged LOTD weps and stacked crits, BO isnt meant to deal dmg, you buff your grp mates and you stand their and take hits your a big wall of metal and green that just annoys order making them say, "why wont you just die"

if you want to deal damage but dont want to get blown up as a choppa or be op broken as mura's then you can try off class BG the class is at its full potential when you use glaives instead of SnB tough it might not feel like it till you get banish weakness and away creatins

Can I ask then what Blackguard is like in comparison to Chosen or BO?
Bgs is and has always will a pretty solid class (not amazing bot not too shabby either) though it is more offensive oriented than defensive and while you can play SnB I feel you are doing the class a disservice.

The class is in a strong place right now with its various buffs , debuffs, 25% armor ignore ability and the minus armor ability gotten at 12 when paired with demolishing strike let you hit rather nicely. Bgs have 3 flaws atm first mind killer even when stacked 3 times dosnt really have a noticable effect on castors secondly hatred is hilariously inconsistent, you can attack and not build any hatred only for you to 2 seconds later have 100.

And lastly blackguards have, across the board the utter worst item drop rate in the game; to wear my mix of GR, deci and vengence gear cost me 50G to get from the ah and good luck trying to trade for it as no one has seen a gr bg shoulders or helm in ages

Oh and same goes for bg bq where people will happily pay 600G+ for it so if your a casual player like me getting something like will be a dream and it dosnt help that the helm has the most beautiful model out all of bg’s retarded looking helms

Deadpoet

Post#24 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:48 pm

The poster said chosen or Blorc, but we have ended up discussing bg. I played a bg for some time a few weeks ago, before level cap was raised to 12. It wasn't very well geared, only decently. I had a few duels in the RvR lake against order tanks. I lost very narrowly against a SM with top gear when he was level 10 and I was level 8 with **** gear no helm and no shoulders and no cloak. VERY narrowly. When I got to level 10 I fought 2 kotbs (not at the same time obv:))and won easily. I fought 2 IBs one snb the other 2handed and won by a narrow but clear margin. Thats my experience if it serves you. Then I lost by a wide margin at level 12 against a WH and shelved my BG until now. I saw a bg fully geared with bq helm lose to a WL with top gear too. Thats my experience.

TenTonHammer

Post#25 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:23 pm

i dont feel you should make judgements on a class based on dueling as firstly this is a team game and secondly because abilities are still wonky and dont work as intended

Deadpoet

Post#26 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:20 am

Many many times during a scenario or when travelling from one BO to another at late hours in RvR lake or running to join the zerg you will find yourself in 1v1 situations or other numerical
combinations of very smallscale fighting. Furthermore, abilities will remain wonky in team group, so no reason to discard 1v1 fighting as irrelevant based on abilities not working right.

BrokenIronSights

Post#27 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:25 am

Neither, play Order.
Franzfan - Warrior Priest
BenKingsly - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Luth

Post#28 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:43 pm

BrokenIronSights wrote:Neither, play dwarf.
Fixed it. :D

Ads
Razid1987

Post#29 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Luth wrote:
BrokenIronSights wrote:Neither, play EMPIARH.
Fixed it even more ;P

BrokenIronSights

Post#30 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Razid1987 wrote:
Luth wrote:
BrokenIronSights wrote:Neither, play EMPIARH.
Fixed it even more ;P

Perfect, OP problem solved. GG thread, GG.
Franzfan - Warrior Priest
BenKingsly - Knight of the Blazing Sun