Recent Topics

Ads

Casual RvRers vs. Fort/Dungeon/City

Let's talk about... everything else
abodam

Re: Casual RvRers vs. Fort/Dungeon/City

Post#11 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:28 am

Grobbok wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:44 am so I see that this game will be only elite, no-life, 24/7 grind game
no place for casula gamers who want jump into fight
I wonder how many elite stay on rvr if game goes in this direction
good luck with this
What? This is most PuG and casual friendly iteration of WAR ever.
Magus / BG

Ads
Grobbok

Post#12 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:37 am

abodam wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:28 am
Grobbok wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:44 am so I see that this game will be only elite, no-life, 24/7 grind game
good luck with this
lol man, when you ended playing war, 2009? 2010? lol
if you don't know how it was, pleas ask someone first
and about what you say, "most pug friendly", so
a - you need to do all dungeons to wear gear from new dungeon, on war you can go ToVL without doing other dungeons
b - here you are forced to do what you don't want, like sc, pve, rvr, for some item you need to do it, coz you cant get it in other way, on WAR you can do what you like coz you have one warcrest and could buy all gear
c - here you have limited fortress, where if you are not lucky you cant enter, on live even 32lv can enter city siege and farm gear without any limits
so think twice about this "most pug friendly"
lider of Da fat squigs guild

abodam

Post#13 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:01 am

Grobbok wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:37 am
good luck with this
a - you need to do all dungeons to wear gear from new dungeon, on war you can go ToVL without doing other dungeons
b - here you are forced to do what you don't want, like sc, pve, rvr, for some item you need to do it, coz you cant get it in other way, on WAR you can do what you like coz you have one warcrest and could buy all gear
c - here you have limited fortress, where if you are not lucky you cant enter, on live even 32lv can enter city siege and farm gear without any limits
I agree even live WAR was made easier towards the end, but the game was garbage towards the end also, whihch is not related to making the game easier, but nobody playing and rr100 sets.

You wanted glyphs from ToVL mostly - they were random drop for all classes on side, you could be unlucky and never get the drop even after 60 runs, same with gear pieces. Here you run PvE three or four times for full set + it drops only for classes in your group so you can have it after one run if you stack classes in your guild.

Purple bag weapons are comparable or better than SCs weapons, getting rr45 weapon is fast now, it was made much easier and difference between rr45 and r61 is minimal. Also it took me just month of casual playing to get 1500 for new staff. Pretty weak grind.

You are not forced to do anything you dont want to do. Full vanq with sub weapons is enough to be competitive for majority of players. Even conqueror/dominator is go to set for some classes.

You have limited fortress but, you can just afk the whole thing and have same chance of reward as guy with top kills. Seems pretty PuG friendly to me.

If you want free stuff for existing go play some P2W game, you can exchange your money for saved time.
Magus / BG

Hargrim
Developer

Post#14 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:31 am

good luck with this

Bye!

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#15 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:41 am

Grobbok wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:37 am
good luck with this
And mythic started losing all his community when they made everything so easy to get , because of stupid rr100 power gap .

On live you could solo bastion / and duo city dungeon , is that a reference too ?
On live you could run tovl or any dungeon 1000 times without dropping the piece you wanted .

Why not giving renown into PvE because I hate rvr and I don’t want to be forced to increase my renown in rvr to get my sovereign ? This logic of : I don’t want to do X because I hate it but I want everything with no investment is not good
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Spierron

Post#16 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:10 am

Grunbag wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:41 am because of stupid rr100 power gap .
this is the case here too and still misses the endgame gear :lol:
Grunbag wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:41 amWhy not giving renown into PvE because I hate rvr and I don’t want to be forced to increase my renown in rvr to get my sovereign ? This logic of : I don’t want to do X because I hate it but I want everything with no investment is not good
why not make gear with utility only for pve ? nah it's better to punt overperforming gear and kill the balance(lol) in rvr.

at least it gives a challenge, even a jerk who does not even know how his class works can kill by pressing two buttons.

Ashoris

Post#17 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:29 am

because here is a lack of positive feedback:

i am with you and even agree with Grobbok (never thought i would write that :) )
But the long progression/time sink/"better gear easier Wins" is something that is heavily promoted by the actual staff.
I always liked the arcade like no "not too much preperation needed" Warhammer.

Just ignore the haters - they would be outragous if a game is "pay-to-win" but dont realize that such timesink is just the same but with other currency !

And because this gamestyle is actually favoured by the staff you just have to accept it.
Just browse the history of former threads with similar topic and you will find a lot of rude or snarky comments but no open dialog.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ysaran

Post#18 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:17 am

Spierron wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:10 am at least it gives a challenge, even a jerk who does not even know how his class works can kill by pressing two buttons.
have you done a bit of PvE? most bosses aren't tank&spank. there are mechanics that cant be ignored; coordination and comunication are essential to complete the dungeons
Spierron wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:10 am this is the case here too and still misses the endgame gear :lol:
you cant really compare Live powergap and RoR powergap, espeially considered that subj weapon nerf is already been announced.
Ashoris wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:29 am I always liked the arcade like no "not too much preperation needed" Warhammer.
i first dont have much time to play, but to me seems only natural that ppl which invest more time should have a wider gear choice. PvE and SC gear are not essential. casual player can reach a good power-level with RvR only and thus you dont need much preparation: just log and go RvR, gear will come with time. in all RPG game gear have a great importance, if you want a skill based game you should play something else, like an FPS.
Zputadenti

Ads
Grobbok

Post#19 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:26 am

Grunbag wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:41 am Why not giving renown into PvE because I hate rvr and I don’t want to be forced to increase my renown in rvr to get my sovereign ?
OK
next patch I see renown from pve
now I see that you hate rvr, ok, I hate pve
so now you get renown from pve, and I get all pve gear from rvr
all happy, ok?
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#20 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:09 am

Grobbok wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:26 am
Grunbag wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:41 am Why not giving renown into PvE because I hate rvr and I don’t want to be forced to increase my renown in rvr to get my sovereign ?
OK
next patch I see renown from pve
now I see that you hate rvr, ok, I hate pve
so now you get renown from pve, and I get all pve gear from rvr
all happy, ok?
I don’t hate pvp or rvr , I just use the same reasoning you have for rvr gear . You have a lot of set available in rvr actually or scenario . And I’m sure once you’ll have sovereign you won’t whine at pve anymore .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer