low levels get shaft

Let's talk about... everything else
BeautfulToad

Re: low levels get shaft

Post#51 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:15 am

Hargrim wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:14 am Ah, so as always this is a case of 'more for less'. Good that you cleared this.
They would be paid exactly the same as everyone else playing in the same SC as they are. If you dont think they should be, move them to a different tier.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#52 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:55 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:15 am They would be paid exactly the same as everyone else playing in the same SC as they are. If you dont think they should be, move them to a different tier.

It doesn't happen in RvR and there will be no different tier for RvR than what we already have. So, no new tier for almost-t4 people. Pops are slow as they are already. If you don't like to face 40/40 ppl play some RvR to catch up or don't and PvE grind to 40. Nobody force you to do anything, you have a lot of options to progress.

BeautfulToad

Post#53 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:31 am

Hargrim wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:55 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:15 am They would be paid exactly the same as everyone else playing in the same SC as they are. If you dont think they should be, move them to a different tier.

It doesn't happen in RvR and there will be no different tier for RvR than what we already have. So, no new tier for almost-t4 people. Pops are slow as they are already. If you don't like to face 40/40 ppl play some RvR to catch up or don't and PvE grind to 40. Nobody force you to do anything, you have a lot of options to progress.
I agree the RvR is fine since numbers and natural bottlenecks equilise things. I was not saying all low levels are screwed like the original poster had said, but someone mentioned SCs as an option.

I would like the T4 SCs changed since I think that's the cause of the perception that low levels get shafted (you get stupidly low rewards and face much harder enemies).

Right now T4 SCs do need some work to make them as good as the lower tier SCs which are much more competitive, less grindy, and funner to fight in.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#54 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:39 am

But what are those stupid low rewards? You mean gear? Because RR wise it's very decent rewards.

The pop during prime time is not enough to support additional tier for almost-T4 SCs. How many below-40 players do you get during an average T4 SC? 2? Maybe 3? And from the such big pool you want to create SC bracket of it's own?

Alfa1986

Post#55 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:56 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:11 am

. It will stop people wasting hours "making sure there is enough players in the T4 SC queue"
It may be to improve the filling of scenarios in T4 to show the counter of those who are in the queue (not the names of course, since people will see some names, they will immediately leave the queue, the number of pug ppl, the number of premads, the classes and lvls). explain my thought, a lot of people have many characters, and if allow a person to see that at this moment there are a lot of dd and tanks in the queue, then he can just start playing healer for exemple. I do not know, maybe it can be viewed in some way and now.

but I will agree about the awards, 31+ lvl play conditions much worse than 40 (not all skill available , not all renown points can use, don't have 1 slot tactic, worse equipment, worse gear etc.), but they receive, even if their contribution to the victory was significant, absolutely useless awards (well, why in a purple bag is a blue belt at 31 level ??) when in a day you can get from 31 to 35.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

BeautfulToad

Post#56 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:58 am

Hargrim wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:39 am But what are those stupid low rewards? You mean gear? Because RR wise it's very decent rewards.

The pop during prime time is not enough to support additional tier for almost-T4 SCs. How many below-40 players do you get during an average T4 SC? 2? Maybe 3? And from the such big pool you want to create SC bracket of it's own?
The main issue in SCs is usually group composition as opposed to levels. I am not sure how you might split tiers for low 30 players since you'd move them into T2 in which case they might be OP, or keep them in T4 in which case RR70+ are OP. I dont disagree that there will be an issue with player numbers.

By stupidly low rewards I mean:

The emblems they get at level 31 are officer. So if they win a match, they will get something like 6 officer emblems. Someone who is level 40 RR 50, will get one oppressor for losing. That oppressor emblem is worth 25 officer emblems. Gear-wise, it makes no sense to play SCs while you earn officer emblems.

I am not sure, but I think oppressor get handed out at 40 RR or 50 RR? I played to RR 57 or something (this was during a 2x weekend tbf), but I found even the conqueror emblems were almost worthless primarily, since by the time I could afford anything with conq emblems I was getting oppressor, and then earning 5 conqueror even when losing (I was earning 6 when winning before).

It's partly due to the prices, particularly for officer and conqueror sets, and partly due to the fact you dont get oppressor until much later. It's certainly the case if you are winning officer emblems you are not playing for gear, and I could understand a similar argument being made while earning conqueror as well (although, you might try and earn the conq emblems to get items on the officer set). Of course, that is just purely gear-wise. The T4 partition has made officer emblems somewhat worthless, which is not an issue for any other in-game currency.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#57 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:59 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:58 am
Hargrim wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:39 am But what are those stupid low rewards? You mean gear? Because RR wise it's very decent rewards.

The main issue in SCs is usually group composition as opposed to levels. I am not sure how you might split tiers for low 30 players since you'd move them into T2 in which case they might be OP, or keep them in T4 in which case RR70+ are OP. I dont disagree that there will be an issue with player numbers.

The emblems they get at level 31 are officer. So if they win a match, they will get something like 6 officer emblems. Someone who is level 40 RR 50, will get one oppressor for losing. That oppressor emblem is worth 25 officer emblems. Gear-wise, it makes no sense to play SCs while you earn officer emblems.

I am not sure, but I think oppressor get handed out at 40 RR or 50 RR? I played to RR 57 or something (this was during a 2x weekend tbf), but I found even the conqueror emblems were almost worthless primarily, since by the time I could afford anything with conq emblems I was getting oppressor, and then earning 5 conqueror even when losing (I was earning 6 when winning before).

It's partly due to the prices, particularly for officer and conqueror sets, and partly due to the fact you dont get oppressor until much later. It's certainly the case if you are winning officer emblems you are not playing for gear, and I could understand a similar argument being made while earning conqueror as well (although, you might try and earn the conq emblems to get items on the officer set). Of course, that is just purely gear-wise. The T4 partition has made officer emblems somewhat worthless, which is not an issue for any other in-game currency.

If you think you are rewarded unfairly just level renown in RvR and go to scenarios when you get the rewards you think you should get for your time?

BeautfulToad

Post#58 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:43 pm

Hargrim wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:59 am

If you think you are rewarded unfairly just level renown in RvR and go to scenarios when you get the rewards you think you should get for your time?
That is what I do. It is not ideal and will certainly make players feel lower levels are getting the shaft and make them feel as though they are doing something wrong when they hit level 31. It certainly is not a feasible alternative for 31s-39s to RvR as suggested.

It doesn't help when veteran players don't understand how the system works and blame players when they complain about it. "Sadly, the alternatives are a bit unfeasible" or "you should PvE and RvR between levels 31-39" are rarely offered to players complaining.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#59 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:45 pm

To buy merc gear from sc, you break down conq emblems to collect the missing officer emblems.
Either of those you can earn from sc reward or sc quest. Your rr is supposed to be high enough to break them down or you have simply skipped pvp in lower tiers. In either case, it depends on the player and not the system, which works fine in that aspect.
Having not a single problem with any new character, even as mdps, to contribute to sc outcome, without being in a premade.
When you have sub40 healers, who die 4 times with 5k healing total done after sc ended, then there is no character rank to blame. Cheap excuses won't lead to improvement.
Dying is no option.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#60 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:51 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:43 pm
Hargrim wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:59 am

It certainly is not a feasible alternative for 31s-39s to RvR as suggested.

RvR is totally feasible alternative, what are you talking about?