Recent Topics

Ads

One Handed Swords - Also hi

Let's talk about... everything else
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: One Handed Swords - Also hi

Post#11 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:26 am

Maybe I can sneak some alternate appearance stuff in the next event to please the fashionhammer nerds... we'll see

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:38 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:26 am Maybe I can sneak some alternate appearance stuff in the next event to please the fashionhammer nerds... we'll see
What is the next event?

Anniversary?

Hope the trophy race restriction issue is fixed by then

chrispeddler

Post#13 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:29 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:27 am I dont think there is any animations that would allow for 1-handed swords to have the stats of 2handed. Sacrificing a shield would make it not worth it.
Totally agree. Elves are skillful enough to handle light weapons. More weak than a warrior...but skillful to get more kills. Best defense is to have a shield on the other hand.

BeautfulToad

Post#14 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:51 am

Id personally go a 2handed swordmaster. I find SM quite a nice class that can do some nice damage. Although you die a fair bit before hitting 40.

The main issue with using 1 handed sword is more that you cant use a lot of abilities w/o either a shield or 2handed weapon. Your skill tree depends on having one equipped.

Ysaran

Post#15 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:00 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:26 am Maybe I can sneak some alternate appearance stuff in the next event to please the fashionhammer nerds... we'll see
yeah, when can we have bloody sun ork appearence? or assassin set apearence for WE?
Zputadenti

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#16 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Appearance armor sucks because we can't push out gear for some or half the classes, we want to give everyone something new if we do, but a lot of classes don't have 'cosmetic' gear that doesn't either break the model they're applied to if the sex is different (some chest pieces appear invis if made for male and applied to female and vice versa) or bends the lore to a point which the staff feels breaks the image of the class it's applied to.

Ysaran

Post#17 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:43 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:45 pm Appearance armor sucks because we can't push out gear for some or half the classes, we want to give everyone something new if we do, but a lot of classes don't have 'cosmetic' gear that doesn't either break the model they're applied to if the sex is different (some chest pieces appear invis if made for male and applied to female and vice versa) or bends the lore to a point which the staff feels breaks the image of the class it's applied to.
this is really sad to hear but i get your point.
does exist a way to fix the problems with the appearence? i think that to release now appearence, and cosmetic gear in general, would greatly improve the players morale! there are much more fashionhammer nerds out there than what you think :lol:.
Zputadenti

Stophy22

Post#18 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:45 am

I completely understand where ur coming from OP. Shadow warrior has always interested me because of his 1handed sword being a viable way to play the game. (shadow warriors hit crazy strong with a 1 hand sword). Now playing BG with 2 hand glaive is awesome but man the animations on the 1handed sword is so cool, but alas sacrificing a shield for the use of only a 1handed sword would surely light a fire of hatred that would burn throughout the rank of destruction...

Thank god the glaive appearances are awesome because im tired of the same recycled mercenary/annihilator/beastlord chest piece appearance for BG. So many unique in game models for BG just foaming at the mouth to get their appearance applied to items I can obtain. (just look at any bg in IC, unique helmet, gauntlets, and chest appearance.) And maybe one day we can get a no skirt or short skirt or some kind of appearance that allows me to see my **** leg plates.

But I say have fun, even if fun is obtained at the expense of others. All those nerds can stick to their 6man premade because thats how they enjoy the game. Go forth and become a 1handed SM and go enjoy your game experience! :D
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads