Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
Ekundu01
Posts: 156

Re: Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Post#21 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:20 pm

The dominator gear/weapon costs are a bit excessive for the RR they are set to. It takes about nine 500 point wins in SCs at rr40 to get 100 emblems if you are turning in the quests along with the emblems from winning. It takes 1500 emblems to get either both rr45 weapons or a rr45 2hand weapon.

If it takes an average of 10mins plus 5 mins of waiting per sc it will take you roughly 2.5 hours to obtain 100 conq emblems. Multiply 2.5 hours by 15 to get you the 1500 emblems you need for the weapon/s is 37.5 hours of WINS/QUES in SCs. I think it took me less then 10 hours to land 2 subj weapons for my fresh 40 coming out of the x2 week.

The above is just to get the weapons that doesn't include the Dominator set that takes you roughly the same amount of Emblems to get the full set. Even if you make a premade you aren't going to win every single match so it will take longer to get all the medals you need.

Orvr is easier to obtain and faster because the war is always going on and if you only have 1 hour or less to log on per day you can go out to a lake get some contribution and log and you will get something. Hell sometimes i have logged on in the morning ran a box or two and come home to a gold bag in the mail. You can't do this in SCs and if you play in anything other then prime time when the population is high your que times are longer making it take even longer to get the gear/weapons.

Oppressor should take a while that is the end gear of SCs, but a RR40-45 set and rr45 weapons shouldn't take you weeks to grind out when you can get the orvr equal gear in half the time or less.
Trismack

Ads
User avatar
adamthelc
Posts: 661

Re: Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Post#22 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:06 pm

I dont think they need to do anything to promote scenarios. The reason for doing scenarios should be you enjoy them. People used to do scenarios before there was even a currency in the game and I dont remember people complaining about not enough reason to do scenarios.

The one thing they could do is reduce the amount of things that hinder scenarios. Which is mostly not being able to queue in warbands. I'm sure they have it that way on purpose, so I dont suspect they want to change it. But it would be cool if the warband leader had the option of allowing people to queue or not.

I'm sure a lot or people dont want to join a public warband that suddenly loses people to a scenario. But I dont know why a group of people in a guild who want to primarily do scenarios should be restricted from being in a warband in their down time.

It probably effects T2/T3 more also. I think most mid tier players are more likely to want to join a warband if they are in the lakes, considering the percieved or real power disadvantage of those players.

User avatar
TenTonHammer
Posts: 3736

Re: Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Post#23 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:28 pm

adamthelc wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:06 pm
I dont think they need to do anything to promote scenarios. The reason for doing scenarios should be you enjoy them. People used to do scenarios before there was even a currency in the game and I dont remember people complaining about not enough reason to do scenarios.
If the goal of scenarios is just to "enjoy them"

then the devs should not have tied gear sets designed to specific play styles that can only be achieved through currency only receivable through sc's

and then on top of all that the devs should not have stomped their feet and kept insisting that you can only receive certain types of gear by doing certain types of content

I dont know what time period your referring to about sc's and gear accusation being complained but it has always been an issue since they went the split currency route and forcing people to play content they dont want to if they want to gear up in certain ways, and now that scenarios take ages in T4 to pop people have been bringing this up for a while now.

To put it into context this is like saying "the devs dont need to promote ch 22 pq's, you should do them because their fun and not for the onslaught gear"

even though ch 22 pqs are basically ignored by 95% of the community especially now that onslaught gear has long been obsolete
Image

User avatar
toffikx
Posts: 114

Re: Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Post#24 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:30 pm

adamthelc wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:06 pm
I dont think they need to do anything to promote scenarios. The reason for doing scenarios should be you enjoy them.
I disagree with this mindset. If anything, scenarios should offer better rewards, because they pose a bigger challenge than playing in large scale rvr battles. And this is not meant to sound like i'm against large scale rvr battles and such, but just that it's way easier to obtain gear via rvr than scenarios.

User avatar
Aethilmar
Posts: 169

Re: Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Post#25 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:18 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:39 pm
Rather than just complain that something feels too long, we tend to think about what that means, and where these numbers actually land to try and understand if players concerns are legitimate or not.
So what are the actual numbers you are basing your decisions off of then?

User avatar
adamthelc
Posts: 661

Re: Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Post#26 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:04 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:28 pm
adamthelc wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:06 pm
I dont think they need to do anything to promote scenarios. The reason for doing scenarios should be you enjoy them. People used to do scenarios before there was even a currency in the game and I dont remember people complaining about not enough reason to do scenarios.
If the goal of scenarios is just to "enjoy them"

then the devs should not have tied gear sets designed to specific play styles that can only be achieved through currency only receivable through sc's

and then on top of all that the devs should not have stomped their feet and kept insisting that you can only receive certain types of gear by doing certain types of content

I dont know what time period your referring to about sc's and gear accusation being complained but it has always been an issue since they went the split currency route and forcing people to play content they dont want to if they want to gear up in certain ways, and now that scenarios take ages in T4 to pop people have been bringing this up for a while now.

To put it into context this is like saying "the devs dont need to promote ch 22 pq's, you should do them because their fun and not for the onslaught gear"

even though ch 22 pqs are basically ignored by 95% of the community especially now that onslaught gear has long been obsolete
I could have said anything more to promote them. You get rewards and you have always gotten renown. Of course you want rewards, but I dont think they need to be the most optimal way to gear. You should do them because you enjoy them, not because they give such good rewards that you cant ignore them if you dont enjoy them. I dont think making the rewards so good that people who dont want to be there feel forced to play them is going to create the best experience.

I enjoy scenarios so I dont care if they arent the most efficient way to progress. I would probably be annoyed if they gave zero rewards, luckily that isnt the case. That is all just my opinion of course, I am not going to complain if they make them more enticing. I just dont think its neccessary.

I definitely wasnt suggesting they take all of the rewards away which is kind of what your comparison to chapter 22 PQs would suggest.

User avatar
TenTonHammer
Posts: 3736

Re: Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Post#27 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:23 am

adamthelc wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:04 am
TenTonHammer wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:28 pm
adamthelc wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:06 pm
I dont think they need to do anything to promote scenarios. The reason for doing scenarios should be you enjoy them. People used to do scenarios before there was even a currency in the game and I dont remember people complaining about not enough reason to do scenarios.
If the goal of scenarios is just to "enjoy them"

then the devs should not have tied gear sets designed to specific play styles that can only be achieved through currency only receivable through sc's

and then on top of all that the devs should not have stomped their feet and kept insisting that you can only receive certain types of gear by doing certain types of content

I dont know what time period your referring to about sc's and gear accusation being complained but it has always been an issue since they went the split currency route and forcing people to play content they dont want to if they want to gear up in certain ways, and now that scenarios take ages in T4 to pop people have been bringing this up for a while now.

To put it into context this is like saying "the devs dont need to promote ch 22 pq's, you should do them because their fun and not for the onslaught gear"

even though ch 22 pqs are basically ignored by 95% of the community especially now that onslaught gear has long been obsolete
I could have said anything more to promote them. You get rewards and you have always gotten renown. Of course you want rewards, but I dont think they need to be the most optimal way to gear. You should do them because you enjoy them, not because they give such good rewards that you cant ignore them if you dont enjoy them. I dont think making the rewards so good that people who dont want to be there feel forced to play them is going to create the best experience.

I enjoy scenarios so I dont care if they arent the most efficient way to progress. I would probably be annoyed if they gave zero rewards, luckily that isnt the case. That is all just my opinion of course, I am not going to complain if they make them more enticing. I just dont think its neccessary.

I definitely wasnt suggesting they take all of the rewards away which is kind of what your comparison to chapter 22 PQs would suggest.
Tbt the amount of renown achievable from scs feel like a drip feed relative to the rr ticks you get by actively participating in ORvR

My comparison to SC and onslaught gear is 2 fold primarily that it’s appeal is t much for anyone besides appearance hunters at this point because it’s takes a lot of effort to do it while simultaneously being undesirable due to being outclassed by other available sets

SC gear has the same issue in that it takes a long time to grind out in the context of slow pops that’s is a real issue in t4 and high currency requirements while the sets have been made obsolete by other available armor sets like bloodlord additionally the expensive ass weapons are also inferior or not much better than other available weapon options
Image

Sulorie
Posts: 4289

Re: Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Post#28 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:47 am

Ekundu01 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:20 pm
Oppressor should take a while that is the end gear of SCs, but a RR40-45 set and rr45 weapons shouldn't take you weeks to grind out when you can get the orvr equal gear in half the time or less.
Just make rr50 and you can convert opp emblems into 5 dom emblems to buy rr45 stuff pretty fast. 2 set pieces you can buy for gold as well.
I went with up to 100 emblems per evening to farm them but this was a time before this sc queue mess, where you could actually solo queue without waiting for an hour on the wrong class. Currently you need at best a full group to queue with reasonable time.
It's not so much the price but the extended queue times, which makes farming sc currency so time consuming.
Dying is no option.

Ads
User avatar
carlos
Posts: 163

Re: Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Post#29 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:12 am

Nefarian78 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:50 am
MY group will ever go back to IC/Altdorf just for those quests. What about adding a scenario quest giver in every Warcamp? Maybe then, people will actually be able to turn in those quests
FTFY
Nbk - Bene Tleilax

anrix
Posts: 46

Re: Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Post#30 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:20 am

Not for nothing, but opp and vanq are acquired nearly at the same rate. Opp might seem like it takes longer because of all the down time waiting. But if your average wait time is 5 minutes, and the average game time is 10 minutes (as stated prior) and you are reward about 6 on average per game, that is about 24 per hour meaning it would take about 62 hours to get 1500 for the weapon. Lets say (and being very optimistic here) a keep siege lasts 1 hour on average and you are reward 18 vanqs per siege means it would take 83 hours to receive the same amount of vanqs.

I think the real issue here, is that invaders converts down into vanqs to make it able to be expedited, while opps does not have a higher token to convert down from.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: axygail, Bing [Bot], Manatikik and 13 guests