Recent Topics

Ads

New Server?

Let's talk about... everything else
Genocide21

New Server?

Post#1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:30 pm

Any chance we can get a new server so i don't join in when everyones max lvl with the best gear already?

Ads
Ysaran

Re: New Server?

Post#2 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:42 pm

Nope
Zputadenti

trh382

Post#3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:04 pm

Genocide21 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:30 pm Any chance we can get a new server so i don't join in when everyones max lvl with the best gear already?
Hey man

The new server idea is understandable but I dont think its the right approach.

The XP grind and gear grind have been made substantially easier compared to live.

Play skill and class knowledge is much more relevant than gear in RoR and each class has quite strong and easily acquirable pre bis gear. One thing I have noticed is that the playtime to get good on a class for the first time is probably higher than the amount of time it takes to get a character to full BiS.

Gearing is comparatively easy in this game and once you are geared your character is permanent.

I would recommend just getting going, knowing that you will lose a bit more at first, and focus on learning and gearing up steadily. You will be doing well before you know it :D

Godsdemon03

Post#4 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 am

suck it up butter cup. Its a long way to the top. SCs will provide fast leveling on the weekend. The order premades that like to seal club will get in your way until they swap to playing their dest characters. Its part of the process of "fun-misery". Hang in there!

Morradin

Post#5 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 am

Don't worry. Buffs to low level players allow them to compete against geared higher level players.
And please ignore anything anyone says about skill, and do not worry about better geared players. Skill is useless ... Internet connection speeds and ping are the end all to every argument.
If you know you are not on the best connection, and best speeds, play ranged, or a tank that can take punishment and survive. Doesn't matter how skilled you are at playing an MMO, when you get mini 1 second lags in this game, the person with zero lags will always win. Skill is useless.

chookette

Post#6 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

the most important thing is the group with a real leader

vladerethro

Post#7 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 am

Yes gear gap is really big now, but be sure to outnumber your opponent and it will be better.
Remember it's a team based game, even in pug sc, it's better to play for the team.
If you plan to play solo, be prepared to die a lot.
One aberrant thing is to be almost obliged to make pve to equip (faster, better).
Join the zerg and farm warcamp, it can be fun sometimes

Ysaran

Post#8 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

Leveling from scratch is not so hard. Also consider that a lot of ppl start new characters when the get BiS with their main so you will not be the only one low level. Also, tis is not Age of Reckoning. There are no rr100 character and the gear gap (on live it was exponential while here is linear, I think) has been toned down compared to live. The T2/3/4 lakes are merged, cuz of low population, but if you are not r40 you get bolstered to r44. If you slot some cheap talismans and use some cheap potion you will be competitive with the average r40 character. Finally, join a guild (not a dead one, obviously). They will help you understand the game and also getting some annoying gear like Beastlord and the PvE sets in general. Really, joining a good guild is probably the most relevant step
Zputadenti

Ads
akisnaakkeli

Post#9 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

Ysaran wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am Leveling from scratch is not so hard. Also consider that a lot of ppl start new characters when the get BiS with their main so you will not be the only one low level. Also, tis is not Age of Reckoning. There are no rr100 character and the gear gap (on live it was exponential while here is linear, I think) has been toned down compared to live. The T2/3/4 lakes are merged, cuz of low population, but if you are not r40 you get bolstered to r44. If you slot some cheap talismans and use some cheap potion you will be competitive with the average r40 character. Finally, join a guild (not a dead one, obviously). They will help you understand the game and also getting some annoying gear like Beastlord and the PvE sets in general. Really, joining a good guild is probably the most relevant step
There also are no real mid tier rvr and as soon as you are rank 16 and start to do scs and if you only do scs you will be rr 3x when you ding r 40 and this is because they removed the xp reduction scrolls for no real reason " getting farmed on mid tier scs by xp redu scroll guilds " LOL okay ding 40 without rr 50+ and see how enjoyable it is to get really wrecked in lvl 40 scs. But yes get in a good guild, never found beastlords annoying and its really good gear for lowbie. Onslaught is a must have if you are wh/we/bw/sorc/wp/dok and is not bad for all healers + tanks.

Renown gain is WAY TOO LOW and rewards zerging and pve door... And punishes you if you are not in party literally gaining less renown and sc pops. Live had permanent scrolls so people stayed at tier3 lvl 39 with 3 tactics forever because sometimes its just much more balanced than with 4 tactics and rr80 vs rank 16.

bw10

Post#10 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am

veterans would get back to where they were within two months and if you think todays situation is bad for new players, trust me, it would be 3 times worse. most people also have multiple characters in multiple role and how hard is to find a tank or heal for any group play right now? imagine if everyone started from 0.

one could argue for some kind of test-server where you could freely try multiple build/gear setups instantly, but a "fresh" realm would unironically and forever kill this server