Recent Topics

Ads

SM/BG Same appearance before endgame

Let's talk about... everything else
Swordmasterror

SM/BG Same appearance before endgame

Post#1 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:04 pm

Guys, I have the impression that before WLORD and SOV all SM sets are practically the same, changing a little texture here apart from everything.
I think that on the other side, Destruction, BG also goes through this.

Would it be possible to add some new skins in place of the repeating ones? Is it possible to use NPC skins, such as T4 elf guards?

PS: I would like to congratulate those involved in the new shield skins.

Ty.

Ads
akisnaakkeli

Re: SM/BG Same appearance before endgame

Post#2 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:30 pm

Swordmasterror wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:04 pm Guys, I have the impression that before WLORD and SOV all SM sets are practically the same, changing a little texture here apart from everything.
I think that on the other side, Destruction, BG also goes through this.

Would it be possible to add some new skins in place of the repeating ones? Is it possible to use NPC skins, such as T4 elf guards?

PS: I would like to congratulate those involved in the new shield skins.

Ty.
Yeah appearances are super similar and sad in RoR. All male and female empire/chaos/elf/darkelf have same bodies so for example male WP could use Chosen gear and it would be a perfect fit. So when there is so much appearance possibilities because of this and many people want, i mean really want new appearances and yet im 100% sure RoR will never do this. This would be easiest method to bring easy joy to players but we have been waiting 8+ years and there are LESS appearances now because they "fix" all cross race/faction appearances if they find them (by someone reporting that gear i mean WHY would anyone do that i dont know)

BluIzLucky

Post#3 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:22 pm

Can't say I find it an issue or really agree, you are meant to be a just another foot soldier until you've distinguished yourself (r40+) and the visual progression imo is clear from the beginning on both of these classes at least between tiers.

New gear Afaik is possible, but adding new models is high effort/low gain (each set for 1/24 classes and 1/30 sets of that class, not to mention just 1/300+ items of that class).
And npcs are single models, so no stealing from them.

Shields and cloaks are easier as they "just" are reskins. And not sure how easy other item types are to even reskin/recolour (like making a Nurgle armor for chosen out of an existing set).

Would be a lot faster to allow class specific items to be shared by more where it makes sense, but yeah.. they've so far gone the opposite direction.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

yobogoya

Post#4 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:15 pm

I would just be happy if there weren't huge sections of every SM chest piece that are not affected by dyes.