Recent Topics

Ads

Hitting T2 What Now

Let's talk about... everything else
Talon2E

Hitting T2 What Now

Post#1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:51 pm

So I have kind of hit a road block. I am now level 16 on a few toons and feel honestly lost on what to do. I know there are WB's running around doing RvR and there are SC's popping at least a little bit for me (US West Coast). But I don't know if that is all I should be doing? Should I do quests and PvE content? I know the game is largely RvR which is great but I feel lost as to a clear cut path to level 40. I also don't feel I guess impactful as my gear is obviously trash compared to level 40's and rank 40 plus and I only have a hand full of my actual skills. Do I just grind this out and accept I am basically fodder for now?

Everything I have read says do RvR to 40 for badges but the few WB's I was in I only got a hand full of badges so it doesn't feel efficient. Thanks in advance for responses.

Ads
DeplorableSnowman

Re: Hitting T2 What Now

Post#2 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:37 am

I always found that levelling through Scenarios feels the most rewarding. Would still recommend doing RvR to complete the weekly for Crests (I took the gold rewards until I had enough for my 60% mount).

Rotgut

Post#3 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:59 am

First step at 16 is doing Sewers (Order) or Sac (Destro) to get that PvE set. You can ask around for a group or a carry (it takes literally 10min, hell i'll carry you, choose a character and send me a PM).

Then you'll care about War Crests, Renown and to a lesser extent Genesis Coins. How much so of each thing varies depending on your class. Choose one u like the most and go look for gear guides so u can figure out how much Genesis Coins u'll want to have by r36 (most, if not all, classes take at least two jewels so thats 20 Coins if i'm not mistaken).

Tanks do great with Full Conqueror set (used to be better with a mix of Redeye but now that they got rid of the cape, its rough), so by r40 you'll want rr45. SnB tank can go Full Conq into Full Sov no problem.

Healers do great with PvE gear. You get a nice powerspike with Vanquisher (rr58) but its usually AP sustain and survivability, so you don't have to stress that much about your Renown Rank.

Majority of DPS get their best lvling powerspike with 4 pieces of Vanquisher (rr57) and Sentinel (PvE gear). And its the class that suffers the most from lack of gear. So you'll want to do some oRvR as you level because it provides the best XP to RR ratio.

What to do to reach those goals?

If all you do is spam SCs, u'll be rr45 as you reach r40 and have all the crests you need, but no Genesis.

To join WBs as a lowbie, just wait till your class isn't completely useless. Do you have AoE stuff? You're good. You don't? Then do some more SCs untill you do. I was the 2nd best Healer on my r24 Shammy in a 100 or 200 kills pugband the other day. I have one AoE HoT, a group heal, and the best spell in the game (Sticky Feetz) and that was enough.

Talon2E

Post#4 » Wed May 01, 2024 9:31 pm

Thanks for the responses, game is awesome, and there's a ton to do so i think easy for a newbie to get lost when it isn't your more traditional themepark.