Recent Topics

Ads

Runepriest DPS (could it use a little love?)

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sigimund

Re: Runepriest DPS (could it use a little love?)

Post#21 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:12 pm

lilsabin wrote:i just realised that zealot compared to runepriest is no match , i think we should stop calling this mirrored classes , they just have some abilities that looks the same
What is it that makes RP superior?

Ads
lilsabin

Post#22 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Sigimund wrote:
lilsabin wrote:i just realised that zealot compared to runepriest is no match , i think we should stop calling this mirrored classes , they just have some abilities that looks the same
look at the middle tree or RP and ZEALOT... and lets not forget the tactics that allow u to insta heal when u cleanse a debuff (RP)

freshour
Banned

Post#23 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:59 pm

Sure, but this thread was about RP DPS. Now that I am 35 and have 4 piece Dev set. I think all 17/21 will power talis and I can't seem to get my int over 825, but I"m sure i'll do it when I can work on min/maxing a bit.

Finally able to spec into rune of fortune and rune of burning for my final DPS build .I'll 100% take either.... the AP or decreased buildup time runestone.

Suggestions - Have decreased build time be .5 seconds and not .25 as .25 is kinda meh in regards to the other runes. I also really think the AOE heal rune could use a buff. Don't quote me on this but it is certainly healing all members in a WB which is cool, but I think a larger heal only for your group would be nice.

If our channel rune of burning got a little DPS increase as well as our rune of fortune I think it could be a pretty solid support DPS class. When my bolster finally wore off after I hit level 35, my damage dropped nearly 100 on each move lol. Kinda stinks, but no worries there.

I mean DPS Runie gets some decent utility, but it's ability to heal with divine fury/toggle on is prettttttty weak even for self healing. If the life tap doesn't get a faster cast time, could the cast time it self be taken down to 1.5 seconds? Then that'd make the .25 from the rune we can use seem bit more useful honestly.

Also the tactic that makes our rune of striking, and immolation undefendable. Any shot it could make rune of burning, and rune of fortune undefendable? Hell maybe even the two AOE moves and DPS Runies just have to go aoe dps?

Basically I did a full AOE spec, and was actually leading a lot of my SC's in damage. I was using the 50% detaunt and able to stand up front in fights that got a little hairy and throw out some solid numbers. Not to mention keep defenses and so on. But the real damage is from the channel/rune of fortune for your lifetap. While in the meantime you can have 1 dot for sure, and if they are close 2 dots if you include your AOE dot, but still feels like it is missing something.

I'll update at RR40, when I get full dev set and use RvR helm for 2% more crit, but seems it might be nearly capped out. Damage is okay, survivability is still worlds away from my Grace/Wrath spec WP though in regards to hybrids which is okay, just wish the damage was a little more there.

Sigimund

Post#24 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:22 pm

Instead of reducing the cast time on rune of fortune, go the burst route. Increase damage and maybe even increase cast time.

That would work towards a burst rotation of RoFortune->RoFire->Oath rune if up->RoBurning.

freshour
Banned

Post#25 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:43 pm

I like that, I think the 2 second cast time is more than enough though. Not to mention RoBurning is 100% chance to be interrupted on hit. But that would be pretty cool. Not really sure what the devs opinion is on this as it isn't a very played class in regards to DPS at all.

kok

Post#26 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:11 am

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=rp; ... 5:;0:0:0:0:
Just AOE the crap out of everything, spam rune of immolation when AOE is on CD
At least the number at the end of SC(both heal and dmg) will make you feel good and reduce hate tell.
Rune of burning is useless, Rune of Immolation+Rune of Fire+Rune of Battle+Rune of cleaving do more ST dmg within the SIX SEC than a uninterrupted Rune of Burning .
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

Luth

Post#27 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:16 am

lilsabin wrote:
Sigimund wrote:
look at the middle tree or RP and ZEALOT... and lets not forget the tactics that allow u to insta heal when u cleanse a debuff (RP)
So it's your oppinion that the DPS RP is superior to the zealot?

Also: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=rp; ... 5:;0:0:0:0:
It's no instaheal, just a low ticking hot; no one uses this.

Sakarotmt

Post#28 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Hey guys while we are talking about rp dps and I run one-My Main...rune of breaking gets bugged when shifting into a scenario, and via versa.Is it only me? :)

Thank you.
Mess with the best, die like the rest! :evil:

Mandargoran - Runepriest (T4)
Murvin - Engineer (T2/T3)
Blata - Ironbreaker (T2/T3)
Mannaru - Slayer (T1)

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#29 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:34 pm

RP dps spec needs tons of Mastery Points to get the moast out of it. Its not really viable until rr70. The AoE healdebuff spec only needs something like r27 to be viable. But doesn't start to Shine until you can get Rune of Battle and the healdebuff tactic. While the ST builds needs pretty much all Mastery Points availible.