Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [Tank] Focused Offense

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Tifereth

Re: Focused Offense

Post#141 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:51 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Melee healers* were too strong, not the DPS WP.
One could argue for both, really. The deciding factor were undefendable hyper potent melee heals, that is true. However, Melee DoK is already meta in many destro comps, and DPS WP's healdebuff not being cleanseable by DoK plus the nice dps increase made them almost immediately mandatory. I quite liked the change of pace for a bit, but it does raise questions whether hybrids with benefits should even be a thing.
Different questions for different times though, I guess. As Penril said, for now bringing the discussion back to FO and how or even if that tactic can be made interesting should be the focus, and since I am in the "no" camp, I won't comment further. I do get OP's point, I just disagree.
Last edited by Tifereth on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Longbeard Runedolf Forgebreaker 40/4X Runepriest
R.I.P. Vokuhila, Zealot RR6X

Ads
altharion1
Banned

Post#142 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:53 pm

FO is a worthless tactic. You could just remove the current armour reduction downside to this tactic. A few people might then use it. But that wouldnt be a very interesting or dynamic change, ie it wouldnt add much to the game. My idea of giving tanks a boosted FO tactic to allow them to become viable dps both resolves the issue of a terrible tactic and adds variety to the game. If it doesn't work, then they can just change it back like the WP/Dok changes.

If people dont like the idea of a tank doing mdps levels of damage then suggest something else to find an interesting and useful fix for this tactic?!

Maybe an offensive utility tactic like: Focused Offense: requires 2hander, -15% to armour, on crit increase group damage by +5% for 5 seconds.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

peterthepan3

Post#143 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Tifereth wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Melee healers* were too strong, not the DPS WP.
One could argue for both, really. The deciding factor were undefendable hyper potent melee heals, that is true. However, Melee DoK is already meta in many destro comps, and DPS WP's healdebuff not being cleanseable by DoK plus the nice dps increase made them almost immediately mandatory. I quite liked the change of pace for a bit, but it does raise questions whether hybrids with benefits should even be a thing.
Different questions for different times though, I guess. As Penril said, for now bringing the discussion back to FO and how or even if that tactic can be made interesting should be the focus, and since I am in the "no" camp, I won't comment further. I do get his point, I just disagree.
Wrath WP simply became functional and viable. Tested it in several 6v6s against Nyky's group and it still paled compared to the dok. The only place where it could have been remotely considered 'too strong' was in pug situations (due to its ability to hit incredibly hard), but those arguments are moot when talking balance.

Agreed. Personally I would like to see FO changed a bit - as per some suggestions made already - but feel that a well-played SM or BO can almost fill in as a DPS already.

porkstar

Post#144 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Spoiler:
Rioz said that AMs should get Focused Defense tactic to balance realms.
Don't - Penril.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Penril

Post#145 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Time to lock this thread, 2 weeks have passed.