Recent Topics

Ads

T1 Feedback

Let's talk about... everything else
Thelen

Re: T1 Feedback

Post#31 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:33 am

Now things have calmed down and its just r40 AMs and Shamans running around with top tier pots just soloing everyone. Must be super fun for new players.

Ads
gungnir08

Post#32 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:20 am

Thelen wrote:Now things have calmed down and its just r40 AMs and Shamans running around with top tier pots just soloing everyone. Must be super fun for new players.
I didn't see that tonight. I lucked into a small group (three at its peak, me and two tanks) on my WE, and we just ran from BO to BO doing hit and run attacks.

It was great. I really enjoyed myself in open RvR, for the first time in years.
Topoheals R40/RR4x AM, Mashing Buttons R40/RR4x WP, Spamming Heals R3x/RR3x RP

Topocurse R40/RR83 Chosen, Topoblades R40/RR7x WE, Toposkull R40/RR6x Zealot <Ere We Go>

flintboth

Post#33 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:53 am

There will be always some players to wait in front of their warcamp or at the Battle Objective the most closest, without any ambition to move to attack or defend an other Battle Objective; to create more differents fights on the RvR.
I always move to the Nordland docks or to Shrine to attack or defend with an open group (with those who are following) and everytime I have a good fight and varied (fail or win but enraged and fun); Same thing in Greenskin zone and in Elfs zone.
Just invit some guys around and move, open a group > open warband and try to place in the same group, the players who are fighting together at the same position (not easy because some don't read anything but really important for the buff/guard and the fun, or just stay in closed group), if you stay alone you can just only expect for some boring action.

There are many players just waiting like that and refuses all the invits you can send, they have their reasons...
For the others who want to play and make more RvR action (not runing to a warcamp for another warcamp, I mean), just be patient and continu to invit players around.
The most good advice I can give to you : create a healer characters, most of the players accept an invitation coming from a healer and follow him... I really don't know why... But if you are able to create an open group some will join and after that you can move to enjoy the battle.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Darosh
Banned

Post#34 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:20 am

flintboth wrote:
Spoiler:
There will be always some players to wait in front of their warcamp or at the Battle Objective the most closest, without any ambition to move to attack or defend an other Battle Objective; to create more differents fights on the RvR.
I always move to the Nordland docks or to Shrine to attack or defend with an open group (with those who are following) and everytime I have a good fight and varied (fail or win but enraged and fun); Same thing in Greenskin zone and in Elfs zone.
Just invit some guys around and move, open a group > open warband and try to place in the same group, the players who are fighting together at the same position (not easy because some don't read anything but really important for the buff/guard and the fun, or just stay in closed group), if you stay alone you can just only expect for some boring action.

There are many players just waiting like that and refuses all the invits you can send, they have their reasons...
For the others who want to play and make more RvR action (not runing to a warcamp for another warcamp, I mean), just be patient and continu to invit players around.
The most good advice I can give to you : create a healer characters, most of the players accept an invitation coming from a healer and follow him... I really don't know why... But if you are able to create an open group some will join and after that you can move to enjoy the battle.
Tanks work well for inviting purposes aswell - just make sure you toss out some information about the guard ability, if you happen to run into new players.

Generally speaking: you don't just want to ninjainvite but actively advertise your efforts of forming a group in /t1, /s, /t and /5 (/s is your best bet due to speechbubbles, people are more keen on reading things that pop up infront of their faces) - some people are majorly turned off by ninjainvites.
Once you got a group going make sure you cheer people up and engage with them; ask them if they are completly new players and maybe offer some basic tips/help in regards to RvR mechanics/classes - it greatly alleviates their struggle to get into the game.

Knowing what happens and why it happens > dying without a clue over and over again, some might come with unfitting expectations based on moderrn MMO that screws with their experience moreso than the actual game ~ the littered chats/wonky initial setup doesn't help either in regards to questions and such.

Thelen wrote:Now things have calmed down and its just r40 AMs and Shamans running around with top tier pots just soloing everyone. Must be super fun for new players.
Team up, bring just about any initiative debuff to the table - watch them fall apart in splitseconds.

Grolar

Post#35 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:20 am

anarchypark wrote:
currently in T4, it's hard to split WB.
half of the players are not good at small scale BO roaming.
This new system will give players chance to learn to split WB.
This is wishful thinking IMO. If you agree with this statement you might be over thinking this game or perhaps trying to push a personal agenda.
As mentioned before I agree the new T1 system is really good in Nordland. A very small RvR zone which is probably why the original designers made it for Scenarios and not for open RvR. Think about that.

This obsession some people have with splitting up warbands is crazy. Why purposely split them? because they are "too powerful "? If that is the case then maybe you are in the wrong part of the game or even playing the wrong game. If you want to fight 6 mans or 12 mans. Go play in a Scenario. Seems pretty simple, right? Again, its what the original game was designed for. * All this nonsense started back when Phalanx was wrecking everyone on Order with the funnel breakers. I was there and remember it well. It was also more fun that what we have now in T4.

The original open RvR system was great. I'm perplexed why the dev team ( Az )started touching it in the first place. Its like trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place. I say bring it back and do away with all this experimentation.

Fixing classes is far more important to the game balance than this. BTW how is the client stuff coming along?
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Musax

Post#36 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:18 am

i feel like it is less about splitting WBs, it is about giving strategic coordination a heavier influence than just having the biggest zerg.

if you want to have one big blob of multiple warbands all stickzerging from one point to the next, do as you please, but that should not be the best strategie to win imo.

With the old system the strength of a realm was just determined by numbers*combatskill. Under the new system strategie comes into the equation

peterthepan3

Post#37 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:49 am

T1 is really fun right now . Good changes. Ignore the zergling cries.

Rhinochaser

Post#38 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:00 am

In theory, it's a much better way to PvP than the old system. In practice, not so much. It's a step in the right direction. I'd personally just wish they would put resources in the T1 zones and have people bring them back to the WC flags. THAT would at least get the little zerglings ready for the upper tiers. Oh, and tweak the resources so that you aren't FIGHTING YOUR OWN REALM OVER RESOURCE SPAWNS. That is the single most annoying mechanic in this game - the player versus player on your own side.
Khalfanii - Sorc
Tsurfer - Magus
The Evil League of Evil

Ads
Grolar

Post#39 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:36 pm

Musax wrote:i feel like it is less about splitting WBs, it is about giving strategic coordination a heavier influence than just having the biggest zerg.

if you want to have one big blob of multiple warbands all stickzerging from one point to the next, do as you please, but that should not be the best strategie to win imo.

With the old system the strength of a realm was just determined by numbers*combatskill. Under the new system strategie comes into the equation
I'm a little confused when you imply that the new system somehow introduces strategy. You could do all the things you are saying here in the original live design because people did. Players even had strategy here on RoR before these changes. If you wanted to 6 man you could, if you wanted to warband you could. This new system doesn't make creating strategies better it just forces players to sit on an objective, while others go sit on another one, nothing more. If it does one thing successfully its making a zones take forever to lock and breaks large scale combat. The older system wasn't determined by numbers. Having unbalanced numbers is and always will be a problem in this game and that still hasn't changed. There are more Order than ever on this server now and Destro deal with it. AAO was there to balance that conundrum. Guess it isn't working either.

I'm hearing many people voicing that they don't like the new system as the zones get larger and I agree. I don't think it will work and I stand behind my thoughts that the original mythic designers got this part right. Please stop messing with it and roll RvR back to last years work.
The original timer system of the original game ( aka live ) worked fine. I think messing with RvR before fixing classes is like playing with fire. "Idle hands are the devils workshop" comes to mind.
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

dansari

Post#40 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Grolar wrote:The older system wasn't determined by numbers.
I'll take whatever you're smoking. The only thing the old system was determined by was numbers. Take zerg. Go BO. Sit for 6 minutes. Take zerg. Go BO. Sit for 6 minutes. Repeat for 3 hours. Attempt to take keep. Option A. Fail keep take. Lose half numbers as they xrealm to the other side or go to bed. Option B. Successful keep take after 4-8 hours of BO trading and avoiding fighting. Log off and go to bed.

Unless you were in a 6man!! Then it was -- take party. Queue for scs. Go between BOs. Pick off solos and stragglers. Run supplies. Avoid zerg at all costs (unless you tryhard and kite pug warbands). Take scenario. Repeat for 3 hours.
Grolar wrote:If it does one thing successfully its making a zones take forever to lock and breaks large scale combat.
Yes, the zones do take a while to lock (primarily in elf or dwarf). The system is newly implemented, so maybe we can provide some meaningful feedback to tweak the update? Like... not requiring all four BOs to be held to cap the zone; having a points based system like Nordenwatch; etc. etc. It breaks large scale combat because large scale combat isn't fun. 6v6 is fun. 12v18 is fun. 24v24 is fun. 24v36 is fun. 80v100 isn't fun.
Grolar wrote:I'm hearing many people voicing that they don't like the new system as the zones get larger and I agree.
You mean like the dwarf pairing? Yeah.. it's a shitty map that takes forever to get anywhere because you're on a 25% mount. That has nothing to do with the way the system is set up. And again, I think tweaks to the system should be made too, but going backwards is the last thing we should do.
<Salt Factory>