Ads

WE/WH and their ROLE in ORvR

Let's talk about... everything else
bichka

Re: WE/WH and their ROLE in ORvR

Post#31 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 am

WE have M3, only useful thing in WB.
But who will waste slot for it :)

Well, also you can form WE warband. 24 stealth bikinis!

Click here to watch on YouTube

Ads
Dabbart

Post#32 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:31 am

20 WEs actually. And that's pretty damn funny. Multi WE/WH groups are brutal. Not always winners, but you get guaranteed kills.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Niizzy

Post#33 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:34 am

I've been lurking around for some time and I'm afraid of posting something because people is banned around here for no reason, but this deserves my first post.

WH/WE in their current state are horrible.

I've been playing a WH for some days and they are awesomely fun in SC, but in large groups they are useless. And I think its because they lack mobility and dots take away their primarily mechanic: Stealth. They should be able to get in and get out but they can only get in and get dead. If they had a little mobility to escape they would be fun as hell. This is the first MMO that I saw that assassins are useless instead of being broken, but it almost got it right. Almost.

bichka

Post#34 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:00 am

Dabbart wrote:20 WEs actually. And that's pretty damn funny. Multi WE/WH groups are brutal. Not always winners, but you get guaranteed kills.
Some probably crashed, it's was 22-23. too bad i can't find video where we wiped proper bomb warband with BW/Kobts/WPs
not all survived but still :D. Or funny moment where whole warband poped on one AM.

Also lot of fun inside enemy keep.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#35 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:16 am

Niizzy wrote:I've been lurking around for some time and I'm afraid of posting something because people is banned around here for no reason, but this deserves my first post.
I'm sure reason is stated every time.

Fallenkezef

Post#36 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:33 am

I don't understand the nastiness in all this. Sure, we all have a fave class and wish it was better/easier. I wish my slayer had an ability to swing an axe on a chain at SH's and pull them to me so the little green gits stop kiting me.

Balance is a hard thing and people forget that the devs are working for free, in their spare time on an abandoned game. In every game there is a class or two that just don't fit in conventional meta and you have to work around that and find where it fits.

Several people have suggested how the WH/WE work and work well but there is no point trying to get the square peg into the regular WB round hole.
Alea iacta est

Nidwin

Post#37 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 am

WE's are fun to play in zerg versus zerg when it's more or less equal numbers. Pointy eared melting machine in bikini.

The only annoyance it the bugged stealth skills that vanishes from the first skill bar once in stealth. :(
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

bwdaWAR

Post#38 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:29 am

Nidwin wrote:WE's are fun to play in zerg versus zerg when it's more or less equal numbers. Pointy eared melting machine in bikini.

The only annoyance it the bugged stealth skills that vanishes from the first skill bar once in stealth. :(
Just to be sure, incase you don't know this: WE/WH get a different 1st ability bar for in stealth and not in stealth, the same as SWs/Maras get a different one for their 3 stances and SHs for the Squig Armor. You have to set up both in-stealth and out-of-stealth separately.

Ads
Nidwin

Post#39 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:36 am

Oh.
And nope, after all those Years I didn't know that lol.
I'll have a look at it and see if I can have this properly setup.

Thanks
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Hastykrasty

Post#40 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:06 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:I don't understand the nastiness in all this. Sure, we all have a fave class and wish it was better/easier. I wish my slayer had an ability to swing an axe on a chain at SH's and pull them to me so the little green gits stop kiting me.

Balance is a hard thing and people forget that the devs are working for free, in their spare time on an abandoned game. In every game there is a class or two that just don't fit in conventional meta and you have to work around that and find where it fits.

Several people have suggested how the WH/WE work and work well but there is no point trying to get the square peg into the regular WB round hole.
It's not about buffing a class, it's a more broader view.
It's not so funny being kicked by a WB, with the leader telling you: "I'm sorry, I need to make room for other classes" meaning that you are useless, except for filling spots if nothing else is available. Other leaders don't even bother telling you, this explains a lot.
OP is not asking for pull or charge or whatever, but if this is right or intended.
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live