Recent Topics

Ads

Question about Order Side

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Seretis

Question about Order Side

Post#1 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:07 pm

So, I've been away for a bit. Came back, and I've been seeing that my Order side characters are RvR flagged the second they log in. Also, I've had early PvE content quest rewards now starting to show that they need Renown levels in addition to Rank levels.

After trying to search the forum for an existing answer, and finding none, I've decided to ask here. Is this a recent change that's being tested, or is it a glitch-like problem?

EDIT: A bit of clarification. Only my Order side seems to be affected by this at time of original posting, and quest in question is one from the first town area. (Grimmenhagen, I think is the correct spelling.)

Ads
szejoza

Re: Question about Order Side

Post#2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:02 am

Being insta-rvr flagged on log in is weird (if you log out in pve area that is)

As for low lvl quest rewards requiring renown ranks - some dev stated in some offtopic that the reward is designed to encourage people to jump into rvr

And I believe destro side has similair quest rewards as well but not 100% sure
Spoiler:

Seretis

Post#3 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Negative on the early Destruction side quest rewards requiring Renown. None that I've come across so far have that. (I've made new characters for both sides.)

And yeah, it did strike me as very odd that a character that's *just* been made, or had been logged out well outside an RvR zone, was getting flagged for RvR immediately on log-in. I would also be inclined to question trying to encourage RvR right out of the gate like that as well, given that a new player wouldn't have time to get better-than-starting gear, or for that matter really get the chance to learn how to use their character's abilities.

It's the dev's server, though, so it'll be their final call. Mostly wanted to make sure it wasn't the old "patch one thing and have 9,687* new bugs crop up" occurrence.

*The given number is meant to be a bit of a joke reference.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:40 pm

The renown gear on quest rewards was accidental, but was fine after realizing it. Pushing people to RvR can't possibly be a bad thing considering that's what we want from the game. It's a very light push.

Destro quest rewards weren't being worked on at the same time, but they will be, eventually.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Seretis

Post#5 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Well, I'll just have to see, then...

Pushing RvR that soon really doesn't strike me as a good idea. The quests in question were very early, before the Live progression would have had the player near the first RvR area. My personal feelings are that players should be given time to actually get an idea how their chosen class plays before any RvR pushing occurs. That way, they are less likely to be fumbling around once they start RvR, which would by extension make the whole setup a bit more enjoyable for all. Except, perhaps, for those players of a more... "antagonistic" bent, who are only interested in wiping out masses of weak players, which strikes me as a good way to drive off newer players, or at least make them less likely to want to RvR.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:23 pm

Seretis wrote:Well, I'll just have to see, then...

Pushing RvR that soon really doesn't strike me as a good idea. The quests in question were very early, before the Live progression would have had the player near the first RvR area. My personal feelings are that players should be given time to actually get an idea how their chosen class plays before any RvR pushing occurs. That way, they are less likely to be fumbling around once they start RvR, which would by extension make the whole setup a bit more enjoyable for all. Except, perhaps, for those players of a more... "antagonistic" bent, who are only interested in wiping out masses of weak players, which strikes me as a good way to drive off newer players, or at least make them less likely to want to RvR.
Considering they've been in for over a month and T1 hasn't collapsed into total anarchy, I think we've "seen" and the result was meh.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Seretis

Post#7 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:21 pm

That wasn't quite what I meant by "I'll see". But feel free to go ahead and lock this, I've gotten the answer I needed.