Recent Topics

Ads

Recomended CPU for most lagless gameplay

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Tankbeardz

Re: Recomended CPU for most lagless gameplay

Post#11 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Telperien wrote:
Hargrim wrote:Set effects to play only on you. This is mostly engine issue, not cpu issue.
Are you saying there hasnt been made CPU yet after 9 years to handle RoR? :)

Was thinking about Ryzen cause of quite long lasting socket, but I got bad expierience with AMD.Yet again, I dont play much beside RoR so... Also I read that for gaming Intels are still better. My Mobo is z170 so Kaby Lake would be my last CPU for next 1-2 years.
You don't want Ryzen unless you do some serious multi-threading -- where it vastly outshines the i7. I haven't read up that much on the i9, but it will, undoubtedly, blow Ryzen out of the water (along with your piggy bank).

That being said, AMD is the king of budget and Intel is the king of performance. None of these options will really change your RoR experience much.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#12 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:38 pm

sullemunk wrote:@hargrim gather the code monkeys and make a new war executable asap, that supports multi thread/core 64 bit cpu
On it. 2 decades™.

darude83
Suspended

Post#13 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:06 pm

I run a 8700k and 1070ti, and play at 4k at max settings. It runs smooth even in big fights with all the effects. The performance drops come when the server is at capacity during certain times of the day, but the client itself feels very responsive on this hardware, no matter what is hapening on the screen.
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

ragafury

Post#14 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:18 am

Only 4 months late to the party.
I know your preferred class in d2lod.

;)
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Nealio

Post#15 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:09 am

I've wondered casually why these folks don't just outright code a new game within the framework of this one. Sure it might take awhile with no running game available rather than having a broken game running causing them to constantly chase fixes.

I'm not complaining mind you, but sincerely curious as to what it is I don't know that makes trying to fix Mythics mess a better option than recreating it from the ground up.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:38 am

darude83 wrote:I run a 8700k and 1070ti, and play at 4k at max settings. It runs smooth even in big fights with all the effects. The performance drops come when the server is at capacity during certain times of the day, but the client itself feels very responsive on this hardware, no matter what is hapening on the screen.
I should probably put this in a sticky post somewhere. We have a multi-core aware WAR.exe in this link.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=23834&p=266777

Brilliant! I'll put the link at the end of the Terms of Use page, something that certainly everyone reads in full. :twisted:
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Hargrim
Developer

Post#17 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:32 am

Nealio wrote:I've wondered casually why these folks don't just outright code a new game within the framework of this one. Sure it might take awhile with no running game available rather than having a broken game running causing them to constantly chase fixes.

I'm not complaining mind you, but sincerely curious as to what it is I don't know that makes trying to fix Mythics mess a better option than recreating it from the ground up.
I'd say that we have a working client that took big IT company several years to develop that we can use? And it's like 4 people in the team who code anything in this project? That's from resources point of view.