Recent Topics

Ads

New Launcher Issues

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Aethilmar

Re: New Launcher Issues

Post#91 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:49 am

Bit more info just for fun. When I launched it via the "enter" method from the text box, it comes up correctly and I can play. When I quite the game, the "Connect" button is now showing as clickable, BUT if I click on it the game does not launch properly and I get the error mentioned by Llydd67 above:

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at RoRLauncher.Client.k4avtHjZvHLXgkdphSd(Object , Object , Int32 , Int32 , SocketFlags , Object , Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.BeginReceive()
at RoRLauncher.Client.nYN3HMwcp0MHFoyEbTY()
at RoRLauncher.Client.aTeZhtuHK8(Object )

If I restart the client the "Connect" button is grayed out again but the game will launch correctly via the enter method.

Ads
Thaeuptli

Post#92 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:56 am

Aethilmar wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:49 am Bit more info just for fun. When I launched it via the "enter" method from the text box, it comes up correctly and I can play. When I quite the game, the "Connect" button is now showing as clickable, BUT if I click on it the game does not launch properly and I get the error mentioned by Llydd67 above:

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at RoRLauncher.Client.k4avtHjZvHLXgkdphSd(Object , Object , Int32 , Int32 , SocketFlags , Object , Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.BeginReceive()
at RoRLauncher.Client.nYN3HMwcp0MHFoyEbTY()
at RoRLauncher.Client.aTeZhtuHK8(Object )

If I restart the client the "Connect" button is grayed out again but the game will launch correctly via the enter method.
sorry I dont get it. Whats the "Enter method"?^^

Glorian

Post#93 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:00 am

Move the cursor behind your password.

Make a left click.

Hit "Enter" Key on your Keyboard.

Thaeuptli

Post#94 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:04 am

LOL okay. thx^^

Gorolin

Post#95 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:07 am

Glorian wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:00 am Move the cursor behind your password.

Make a left click.

After did that, these error appear on a separate pop up window:
Error starting: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Impossibile trovare il file specificato
in System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
in System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
in RoRLauncher.Client.oFPSCr8n4qguR5chlvL(Object )
in RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

suggestions? :?

Zaxxond

Post#96 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:13 am

Gorolin wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:07 am
Glorian wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:00 am Move the cursor behind your password.

Make a left click.

After did that, these error appear on a separate pop up window:
Error starting: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Impossibile trovare il file specificato
in System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
in System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
in RoRLauncher.Client.oFPSCr8n4qguR5chlvL(Object )
in RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

suggestions? :?

One other thing I did was delete me launcher shortcut on desktop and taskbar and dragged over the new launcher back to desktop and taskbar.

I'm able to launch every time by hitting enter after credentials are entered in, but the launcher is still running the file downloads each time I launch RoR.

Try using the new launcher file in your RoR folder with hitting enter after you enter in your user credentials.

Jyoppi

Post#97 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:16 am

It's still either taking me to the mains creen with cinematics, settings, etc, or just a black screen with audio.

Glorian

Post#98 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:17 am

@Goro:

This was also my first error Message.
Then I again make "enter" method and got to my character screen.
Then black Screnn.
Then black Screen.
Then Character Screen.

Now I'm in.

Ads
vertigo8356

Post#99 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:39 am

Remove the new launcher it doesnt work and reinstate the old one. Havent been able to play all morning good fixing something that wasnt broken.

keyman

Post#100 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:04 am

started the launcher and it has done this download update 4 times now. doing 64 bit, run as admin, restart pc. I still get the connect button grey out cannot log in at all.