Recent Topics

Ads

Lockouts: how they work

Let's talk about... everything else
Ashoris

Lockouts: how they work

Post#1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:50 pm

Hello,

Due to recent experience with Random Gunbad Grps i realized that most ppl have a wrong idea of how lockouts work.
so i will try to explain it in a non technical way - they way i understand the mechanic. If i am wrong in some assumptions or explanations feel free to correct me :)

i take "Gunbad" as an example. think of it not as one dungeon but millions of them. Everyone of them has a house number (ID) and every house has 3 Rooms (left, middle, right)

As soon as you enter Gunbad the game chooses one "house number" for you and your group. As long as you kill no Boss for a Wing nothing happens and you will enter a new house number after you quit the game and logged in again. (assumption due to how the game behaves)

In the Moment you killed your first Wing boss the house number (ID) will be "your House number" and this house "lives" for the next 3 Days, means every time you enter Gunbad for the next 3 days you enter your House number .

What can happen:
you form a party, you kill a boss and all of you 6 man have now the same house (your house number is the same). Everyone of you later on can invite other ppl to your house with no house number (no lockout). But everytime you kill the boss of another wing, it will affect "your house" and therefoe all the ppl you shared the house number with originally .... so if they go back later in the house to do the same wing they will see that the house is already cleared.

But this means also that if you invite ppl with no House number to your house they will not get a 3 day lockout but only the "Lockout" timer of your house.

It should be clear that Persons with different "house numbers" can't be in the same house - so even if they have no lockout for the specific Wing they will not be able to be in the same group
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ads
Luuca

Re: Lockouts: how they work

Post#2 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:04 am

Spoiler:

Ashoris

Post#3 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:09 am

Luuca wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:04 am
Spoiler:
Ouch :-)

WaR -dead-

Luuca

Post#4 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Ashoris wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:09 am
Luuca wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:04 am
Spoiler:
Ouch :-)
Actually you did a pretty good job of explaining the whole thing. I now know that if the first house is made of straw, and the third house of brick, then the middle pooriage is going to be just right and I need to detaunt the 3 little pigs to ensure splash damage from the 3 bears doesn't lock me out of grandma's house.

Gangan

Post#5 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Most of this sounds similar to the "live" version iirc, even though I'm not sure about the part that others can clear your started "house" 🤔

Anyway good to know and thanks for explanation.
Might be useful to add this to the wiki^^
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Hargrim
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Don't worry, it will change in next patch.

Luuca

Post#7 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:04 pm

Spoiler:

Ashoris

Post#8 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:05 am

Gangan wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:41 pm Most of this sounds similar to the "live" version iirc, even though I'm not sure about the part that others can clear your started "house" 🤔

Anyway good to know and thanks for explanation.
Might be useful to add this to the wiki^^
looks like they want to change something :), so no need for prior to the planned changes.

WaR -dead-

Ads
Ashoris

Post#9 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:08 pm

This information is outdated :)
lockouts now work as in the patch notes described
( viewtopic.php?f=42&t=29654&hilit=lockouts )

WaR -dead-