Recent Topics

Ads

Melee squig herder gear

Let's talk about... everything else
xanderous

Melee squig herder gear

Post#1 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:39 pm

Will we start to see the class, gear changed or additional sets to support melee squig herders at present conqueror/beastlord has the initiative debuff/ballistic buff but does not convert to strength and additional stats like reduced chance to be dodged that does not convert to reduce chance to be parried. At the moment you're forced to build into multiple sets just to reach 900 strength and have to be at least 60rr just to be able to have some crit chance as they do no have a strength tactic because you guessed it, the tactic does not convert to strength. Would just like to know if there is anything planned in the near future to address this.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
abodam

Re: Melee squig herder gear

Post#2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:44 pm

I believe Bastion stairs set is supposed to be meele spec focused.
Magus / BG

xanderous

Post#3 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Needs a pvp set you can get from pvp as i will be guessing that bastion will require gunbad and bb/be sets just to enter.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

Brutinho

Post#4 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:16 pm

Grunbag mentioned that bs will be a mSH oriented set. In the meantime I would suggest minmaxing stats with pieces that give crit, armor pen/haste in that importance. Also, start getting gunbad and city dungeons done. Wards should't take more than 3 full gunbad runs (9 days in done on CD), followed by 4 full city dungeon runs (16 days if done on CD). Were you will suffer is getting sentinel jewlery, which is BiS for everyone due to the super talis. So get grinding!!
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

xanderous

Post#5 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:43 pm

being forced to pve to such a huge extent to get the one melee squig set is not a good option, need this looked at devs please.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:55 pm

xanderous wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:43 pm being forced to pve to such a huge extent to get the one melee squig set is not a good option, need this looked at devs please.
They looked at it a lot of times and the usual comment is, "tough ****, deal with it"

Urdeg

Post#7 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:05 pm

You can run a dungeon, gobbos always such lazy gits...
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Brutinho

Post#8 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:09 pm

Well, if you 100% do not want to pve, you don't have to. Just minmax sets as I mentioned, I do pretty good (and I haven't finsihed minmaxing).

Just FYI: you should still do city dungeos regardless of been melee or ranged spec'd.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

Ads
Athergic

Post#9 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:50 pm

xanderous wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:43 pm being forced to pve to such a huge extent to get the one melee squig set is not a good option, need this looked at devs please.
For having so many posts, I'm surprised you don't know how things work around here yet.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

xanderous

Post#10 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:32 am

Why are people assuming i don't understand how to pve or build characters, nothing suggested here is not common knowledge. To do bastion stairs you have to do gunbad to get the ward, then you have to bb/be to get full sentinel, something that takes a bloody long ass time to do then you have to do lord knows how many bastion stairs just to get what is essentially the first melee set for a class.

Here is my character, this is best mix of what i have been able to achieve with a 0% chance to be critted, 900 strength, buffed, 3.3k armor unbuffed and 13% crit chance.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... ame=Snaptz

The core of this game is pvp, so on some basic level i would expect a class to have access to at least an entry level melee set for pvp, its pretty obvious when you think about it guys.