Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Toshutkidup

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#61 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:44 am

overall I appreciate the change. is it perfect no, but imo step in right direction and I thank you.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
Acidic

Post#62 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:17 pm

Seems to be reducing those stupid leach pop swings to take easy route to loot.
Nice

Psilord

Post#63 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Today I was ALL TIME in PvE ONLY , but get the timer that I cannot change to other side to make potions .
If you set the timer to player wich are playing RvR ... its ok , noone will have a problem . But you restict all player only cause of a few wich have problems with RvR ( and only RvR ! )

So find a solution to restrict RvR players only , cause they are the one who wants that .....

Ok . you will have all RR80+ on your side , cause they play RvR ONLY and nothing others
But mor then the other half play RvR at will , and mostly something other ... these are the guys wich get restricted by the players who play RvR ONLY . Do you really want to loose these players ??? Your choice !

Ototo

Post#64 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:37 pm

I have been tracking the Home page since the day the patch rolled, and there has been bigger % differences since it that the ones I have ever seen. I presume that the longer this experiment is staying, the worse.
Spoiler:

drmordread
Suspended

Post#65 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:05 pm

Lithenir wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:43 am
drmordread wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:34 am LOVE IT .... except, if you can, have the lockout start when you get flagged for RvR. A lot of us are in guilds in both realms, and may be needed for a dungeon run, or some other guild related event/appointment.

If not ...

Can you go to the system used on live where you had a 5 min timer? If you are on for less than 5 minutes, no lockout. More than 5 minutes and you have lock out.
So you do all the dungeons you might be called for in less then 90 minutes? I don't really see a problem in this
Since you like posting with nothing to say, basically you are simply trolling, let me give you a clue. Since you decided to focus on only ONE item to try and justify your failure of not seeing a problem;

I have been called in to tank a single boss a few times. Or provide extra dps on one of my dps toons, or just a healer till another (healer, dps, tank) is found. Does not last more than half an hour 40 min tops. Or maybe I need a couple of minutes to ask some friends on one side to come to the other for a dungeon run. Or maybe (since we can no longer talk to the other realm) I just want to troll a buddy I just killed, or maybe a buddy just wants to troll me ... does not matter.

Point is, there are lots of reasons to have at least a 5 min timer. Better yet, lockout only happens if a player/account flags any single toon in RvR. If your lack the imagination stops you from seeing the need, not my problem.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#66 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:41 am

blakokami wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:36 am
Ototo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:23 pm In live server you could only pick one realm for a server, and nobody complained this hard. Would it be better if it was only triggered by RvR flag? Apparently, but "impossible to see the future is" like Yoda said. IMHO, for the people that want to simply enjoy the game it will be mostly a nuisance, and will only matter, like every other change, only to diehards.
No one complained as much because there were multiple servers to choose from. Most people played order on one server, destro on another etc etc. And guess what? One of the main reasons that most servers died is because of the massive realm imbalance this created. Servers would usually have one side that had better players and/or had a bigger zerg, and this killed the action because most of the players on the losing realm slowly left the server.

I believe that x-realming has also been a good thing for this server. Plenty of people/6 man's/ guilds swap to the underpopulated side so they actually have something to fight. Especially in less populated time zones. It is just terrible when it comes to the current fort system.
Liver servers were using a permanent realm lock. We're implementing a 90 minute realm lock. You are still able to play both sides. We literally list the population numbers on the homepage of the website if you're trying to reinforce the underpopulated side at any given point in time. Not to mention with the prevalence of communication tools (Discord) and streaming services (Twitch), you have everything you need to figure this stuff out well beforehand if it's such a critical concern.

X-realming for the sake of playing underpopulated sides is not in danger here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

blakokami

Post#67 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:38 am

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:41 am
Ototo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:23 pm In live server you could only pick one realm for a server, and nobody complained this hard. Would it be better if it was only triggered by RvR flag? Apparently, but "impossible to see the future is" like Yoda said. IMHO, for the people that want to simply enjoy the game it will be mostly a nuisance, and will only matter, like every other change, only to diehards.
No one complained as much because there were multiple servers to choose from. Most people played order on one server, destro on another etc etc. And guess what? One of the main reasons that most servers died is because of the massive realm imbalance this created. Servers would usually have one side that had better players and/or had a bigger zerg, and this killed the action because most of the players on the losing realm slowly left the server.

I believe that x-realming has also been a good thing for this server. Plenty of people/6 man's/ guilds swap to the underpopulated side so they actually have something to fight. Especially in less populated time zones. It is just terrible when it comes to the current fort system.
Liver servers were using a permanent realm lock. We're implementing a 90 minute realm lock. You are still able to play both sides. We literally list the population numbers on the homepage of the website if you're trying to reinforce the underpopulated side at any given point in time. Not to mention with the prevalence of communication tools (Discord) and streaming services (Twitch), you have everything you need to figure this stuff out well beforehand if it's such a critical concern.

Would you mind responding to any of the concerns left in this thread? You could start with my other post if you like.

Actually I would love to hear from any of the staff members.
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Lithenir

Post#68 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:14 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:41 am
Spoiler:

The only thing that really matters to me is, if this really is IP-wise... So if I would switch to destro will my gf be locked to destro then also? How will this be handled?

Ads
Bozzax

Post#69 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:15 pm

How about testing it yourself?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Lithenir

Post#70 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:19 pm

Bozzax wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:15 pm How about testing it yourself?
And risk that she will be pissed? No thank you :P