Fix ranked sc

Let's talk about... everything else
nat3s

Re: Fix ranked sc

Post#41 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:02 pm

Akilinus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:48 pm
nat3s wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:44 pm
sogeou wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:40 pm

How about we call it what it is, most people are not interested in doing this. Just let the people who want to do it, play it and remove the MMR or find something so the 100 people who want to do it can play with each other.

Completely agree. Any attempt to "force" people into it is heavy handed and will just fail. Hence why i suggested catering to all playstyles, make the ranked weapons available in new city dungeons linked to winning a city siege (like live) so people can pick their most enjoyable means of earning them. OR if you want to rebalance the BS weapons, why not make the BS weapons and ranked weapons the same?
It worked to force people into PvE so I dont see why it would fail here.

It's a good point, pve isn't for everyone either. Maybe we ranked just needs to go back to having no MMR and free queues?
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#42 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:12 pm

One of my suggetions from many of them here in the post,

Why not make invader tome unlockable from ranked sc set?

For example ranked sc shaman healing set is stronger than invader, I'm not sure about other classes.
But if people like the 6v6 competitive scene why not make it viable by letting invader tome being unlocked from there? then competitive 6v6 people will play ranked sc to get invader tome, while rest play rvr and you still have to do the rvr content for bis items.

DiMakss

Post#43 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:27 pm

And how about black list? A dont want to see tanks in my team,which NEVER used guard. Realy sccary to play again, its like 5vs6

Asherdoom

Post#44 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:45 pm

DiMakss wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:27 pm And how about black list? A dont want to see tanks in my team,which NEVER used guard. Realy sccary to play again, its like 5vs6
this would require a sort of complex scripting i guess which will never happen in this project.

kmark101

Post#45 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:57 pm

An easy fix to the problem of "more people" would be to make Bloodlord weapons obtainable through ranked matches. Currently they are gated behind huge boring pve grind, this would offer an alternate path. Advantage is you don't need to create anything new. Dungeon grind would still be important for the armor/jewel pieces. PVP has a lack of weaponry anyway, this would solve multiple issues at once and easy to implement.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

kmark101

Post#46 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:59 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:45 pm
DiMakss wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:27 pm And how about black list? A dont want to see tanks in my team,which NEVER used guard. Realy sccary to play again, its like 5vs6
this would require a sort of complex scripting i guess which will never happen in this project.
It could actually work much easier: once you put someone on ignore list, then the system would not place you in the same team with that person anymore. Same as with the class/mmr disparity check.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Asherdoom

Post#47 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:01 pm

kmark101 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:59 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:45 pm
It could actually work much easier: once you put someone on ignore list, then the system would not place you in the same team with that person anymore. Same as with the class/mmr disparity check.
so basically the server will ignore itself for avoid "non pro" players

Telen
Suspended

Post#48 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:28 pm

And this mentality is exactly the problem.

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#49 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:59 pm

Telen wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:28 pm And this mentality is exactly the problem.
I know but is the main pug mentality. Either you accept it or quit ROR. I personally do not play ranked but even in pug scenarios and rvr i see flame wars. Imagine implementing something like that with this actual mentality :lol: :lol:

Greywolfamakir

Post#50 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:08 am

Hello.

-) Matchmaking is working properly, its not an isssue.

-) Gear price changing with MMR is bad. Set fixed amount of emblems for each piece.

-) We need more people queueing Ranked SCs, easy, good rewards. 95% ROR's people hate PVE, but you added the best weapons in PVE, so ppl are doing PVE. Its the same here. Add Weapons/Jewels/Gear whatever you want, really good, even TOP, and people will queue. (You're forced to do cities for Sov, you are force to do PVE for weapons, so forcing ppl to do things that maybe don't enjoy is something pretty common here, but it works)

-) Current Ranked SCs gear is worst than Sov, but it takes longer to get it...something is not quite right here.

-) Sometimes while in Ranked SC, you're doing really well, like Tank, Healer or DPS, whatever, but then something happens and you lose. You did well but at the end you lose. This is pretty frustrating for everyone with competitive mind, specially if you can do NOTHING to fix the issue. So i think that losing a match should be a bit more rewarded, specially for Solo Q, where you can find any kind of player, from experienced players on Sov to new players on Dominator. (Tanks not guarding, panicked healers, DPS focusing SnB tanks...)