Recent Topics

Ads

Solo ranked is a desert

Let's talk about... everything else
yoluigi

Re: Solo ranked is a desert

Post#31 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Sundowner wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:09 pm To me solo ranked sc design of just killing is quite boring, especially if everyone is full sov and it transforms into 10 mins of torturing finding perfect opportunity to get a kill.
Yeah would be more fun if we had objective like reikland factory that would be pretty fun to see

Ads
blechkautz

Post#32 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:48 pm

yoluigi wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:10 pm
Sundowner wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:09 pm To me solo ranked sc design of just killing is quite boring, especially if everyone is full sov and it transforms into 10 mins of torturing finding perfect opportunity to get a kill.
Yeah would be more fun if we had objective like reikland factory that would be pretty fun to see
Queue Reikland Factory if you want to do flag dancing. 6v6 is and was always about getting kills.

yoluigi

Post#33 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:39 pm

blechkautz wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:48 pm
yoluigi wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:10 pm
Queue Reikland Factory if you want to do flag dancing. 6v6 is and was always about getting kills.
9 out 10 ranked sc end up max time out nobody winning unless they release better dps weapons to equal the sov gear. it gona stay the same if we fight for flag encounters of 2v2 will happen and choice for strategy will be alot more fun. Now its just zerg one guy... oh dont work try the other... now the other and end up nobody winning because of the lack of weapons not as equal as our sov gear.
Now atm goodluck fighting with a Squishy class like sorc or BW in ranked. With reikland factory you could get 1 guy to get high ground and maybe build a strategy from there...

Twyxx

Post#34 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Pve mechanics? In a ranked sc??? You are bonkers.

kmark101

Post#35 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:29 pm

I think one big improvement you can make if the que_for_all button on the UI won't include the ranked SCs. I see lots of semi experienced and semi geared players just click que for all and end up in a sweaty ranked game, where they just underperform and get yelled at. They don't want to join rankeds, but they do accidentally with que for all SCs. Change that pls and we will see less of those players (who unintentionally ruin the fun for 11 other ppl).
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

blechkautz

Post#36 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:44 am

yoluigi wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:39 pm 9 out 10 ranked sc end up max time out nobody winning unless they release better dps weapons to equal the sov gear. it gona stay the same if we fight for flag encounters of 2v2 will happen and choice for strategy will be alot more fun. Now its just zerg one guy... oh dont work try the other... now the other and end up nobody winning because of the lack of weapons not as equal as our sov gear.
Now atm goodluck fighting with a Squishy class like sorc or BW in ranked. With reikland factory you could get 1 guy to get high ground and maybe build a strategy from there...
I played alot of ranked solo games (500+ combined on several toons if i sum up) and i had maybe a couple of games with no kills. And even most of them were close intense fights where one misstep could have led to a kill. I had way more stomps in either direction than zero kill figths.
If your team can't score kills in 6v6 than it's because: (high to low reason)
1) Your dps are bad. If they don't assist or bring stupid specs (like no hd wh or aoe bw for example) it's hard to get kills.
2) Your tanks are bad. If they don't assist, don't do proper cc and guarding or bring stupid specs (like selfregen solo specs for example) you wont score kills.
3) Your healers are bad. If you can't stay in the fight because your healers have problems with healing (for whatevr reason (spec, positioning, etc)) it's gonna be hard. Also they have the least influenz on killing targets (besides snb dok/wp) because they can realisticly only cc enemy healers to get kills (maybe moral drop or squeeze in some dmg for a sec).
4) Your team is outgeared and the enemy is to tanky to get kills. Happens sometimes, but then the enemy should give you a hard fight to stay up and defend the draw (unless the fullfill 1-3). Wouldn't call it boring if had a really tough fight to stay alive as a team but personal opinion.

About the weapons: I don't think you need them to kill stuff atm (see 1-4), but having more gear to min max your setup is always nice.
You need to explain me, how you can zerg in a 6v6. Seems impossible to me ;) what you describe is assisting and finding the weakest link in the enemy team.
About splitting the fight up: The game becomes pretty imbalanced if you go below 6v6 size and favors specs, that are useless otherwise and a huge buff for dps/lifetap healers and selfsustain tanks. You can already have the fights you want in normal sc's, but in ranked with 2/2/2 matchup it would be a step in the wrong direction.

For the ranged part: If you play a suishy ranged dps, the enemy will also get a ranged dps so both teams have a member with a big targetsymbol over their head. Sure playing with a ranged dps requires more attention from your team but that's a playerbase issue and not a class issue.
Reiklandfactory as 6v6 map would be horrible, because if you go to the highground, it becomes a punt fest and if you go inside, you screw up ranged dps, squishy healers and punts. We already had a tight map with morkain temple, which led to everybody fighting outside and the removal of the map from the pool.

Cimba

Post#37 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:03 am

blechkautz wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:44 am I played alot of ranked solo games (500+ combined on several toons if i sum up) and i had maybe a couple of games with no kills. And even most of them were close intense fights where one misstep could have led to a kill. I had way more stomps in either direction than zero kill figths.
Just yesterday I had three 10 min draws out of 7 or 8 matches I played. It happens a lot if the healers are more competent than the dps. Funniest thing is: You keep your conquerer Slayer somehow alive for 10 mins, forcing a draw against odds and the MMR logic goes "Well you should have won that fight. You didnt. So you suck. Let me take a couple of points from you". Thats where the fun really starts for healers and tanks.

Akalukz

Post#38 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:11 pm

The problem is two-fold imo. Toxic players that will harrass underperforming players. Gear grind too long with such small windows of opportunity to play. The /3 chat about players that underperform probably turns off more players than most can imagine.
-= Agony =-

Ads