Recent Topics

Ads

NA Fortress-race

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

NA Fortress-race

Post#1 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:46 am

This forum rarely contains a good war-story, so ill give it ago for those who missed it.

T4 situation:
Destro running with a 12man discord warband 2-2-2. Some smaller groups roaming.
Order have Salt Factory warband-ish

Zones:
Caledor, Reikland, KV.
Order siegeing Caledor, Destro attempting some postern door fights, a ram push on outer but respawns and moves to Reikland in an attempt to spread the action.
Order continues the siege with full force in Caledor while destro spawns a ram in Reikland.
For a while not much happening, and the situation looks like both realms will push into the Enemy Cauldron fort (Fell Landing and Reikwald)

Order lock Caledor first and Destro follow suit by locking Reikland. Both fortresses are open.
Rough estimate of numbers from my point of view, full order force in Elf fortress vs warband or so worth of smallscalers and pug from destro.
Rough etimate of numbers in Reikwald, destro 12man + smallscalers + pug groups. vs 10 order pugs.

Both fortresses have a landslide attacking Stage2 and Stage3 becomes a kill race.
Order kill the Destro lord while Empire fortress lord is around 65% very roughly remembered.
Order seem to rally all of their force in a combined War-report to Reikwald fortress, and since there were no defenders and free reservations they were not spawning at the south gate waiting-zone but instead on 3rd floor.
Destro attempts a push up small ramp from lordroom while landing lordaggro + cauldron.
Order replell the attempt, and makes a counter push and secures the lordroom.

Now I was playing on Destro, some of the calls i didnt agree with from either side but when you are not leading you shut up and follow. So I just want to thank the good fight from both realms, some interesting and unique situation to be remembered. Couldnt care less about the Warreport as some other Destro players seemed very unhappy with, I was more amazed how many orderlings you managed to follow you.
GGs and I hope the forum eventually will be more about fun ingame battles like this, and not so much about "buhu X ability or buhu Y class"
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Naelar

Re: NA Fortress-race

Post#2 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:29 am

Well said.

boomcat
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:36 am

good fights ?!?! outrageous !!! i demand nerfs to order, after winning a fort they need to stay in dorf for 30 mins.. "sarcasm can happen"

Tbh im more stunned by getting up this morning and see no city happend xD while i was asleep :D so thats nice, now i dont feel like im being skipped all the time..
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

ChicagoJoe

Post#4 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:38 pm

wonshot wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:46 am This forum rarely contains a good war-story, so ill give it ago for those who missed it.

T4 situation:
Destro running with a 12man discord warband 2-2-2. Some smaller groups roaming.
Order have Salt Factory warband-ish

Zones:
Caledor, Reikland, KV.
Order siegeing Caledor, Destro attempting some postern door fights, a ram push on outer but respawns and moves to Reikland in an attempt to spread the action.
Order continues the siege with full force in Caledor while destro spawns a ram in Reikland.
For a while not much happening, and the situation looks like both realms will push into the Enemy Cauldron fort (Fell Landing and Reikwald)

Order lock Caledor first and Destro follow suit by locking Reikland. Both fortresses are open.
Rough estimate of numbers from my point of view, full order force in Elf fortress vs warband or so worth of smallscalers and pug from destro.
Rough etimate of numbers in Reikwald, destro 12man + smallscalers + pug groups. vs 10 order pugs.

Both fortresses have a landslide attacking Stage2 and Stage3 becomes a kill race.
Order kill the Destro lord while Empire fortress lord is around 65% very roughly remembered.
Order seem to rally all of their force in a combined War-report to Reikwald fortress, and since there were no defenders and free reservations they were not spawning at the south gate waiting-zone but instead on 3rd floor.
Destro attempts a push up small ramp from lordroom while landing lordaggro + cauldron.
Order replell the attempt, and makes a counter push and secures the lordroom.

Now I was playing on Destro, some of the calls i didnt agree with from either side but when you are not leading you shut up and follow. So I just want to thank the good fight from both realms, some interesting and unique situation to be remembered. Couldnt care less about the Warreport as some other Destro players seemed very unhappy with, I was more amazed how many orderlings you managed to follow you.
GGs and I hope the forum eventually will be more about fun ingame battles like this, and not so much about "buhu X ability or buhu Y class"
Unexpected turns. Good leadership on both sides. I think FOW was also up with Realz too from Order. I had to drop and missed the good stuff.

About a week ago I was with order and we took destro greenskins lord room with first push, lost the bottom floor, retook bottom, and then had to split forces to defend bottom and lost the race by under 5%. We lost but it was awesome.

If you haven’t had the opportunity to be in an organized group against another organized group in a competitive situation you are missing what sets this wonderful game and community apart. More important than gear is getting on discord and leading or listening and cross wb and realm communication.

The warband leaders in this game are the difference makers. *Toasts* Bombling, Realz, Git, Rolgrom, Wom, Toy, Rowan, BT and BiTh and many many unmentioned and/or unknown order and destro leaders who have led the battles and skirmishes that make this special.
Last edited by ChicagoJoe on Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Nosun

Post#5 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:23 pm

Rescue Team (not my guild) also had a wb lead by Toymachine but i think most of it was people in other guilds like myself pugging. It was a good race and we had the advantage of more people on Order and being able to war report directly into the top of Riekwald after we finished the other fort made it pretty easy. Anyway always interesting when something like this happens which i have a seen a couple of times now.

P00D3l1v3ry

Post#6 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:10 pm

My bit to the bin:

Friday evening ( for me saturday just after midnight ) - i am EU player.

Order has the high ground as for population and zonewise they are closer to gettin Destro to their zones right before fort.
There were skirmishes around all maps and i happened to inherit a leadership of PUG warband ( Poodie/Poodelivery ).
Order was hopping between TM and Praag. Order was moving to TM, we all went to TM, where we managed to fend them off twice. Once when they were at outer and for second time when they were at inner, so we secured TM. Meanwhile Praag fell so Chaos wastes were opening.

At this time i was prolly hesitating for too long, prolly those 5 minutes wouldnt be much of a difference, but i made a call to go to CW and level it up to 2* as soon as possible. During the time we were levelling up and nearing 2*, Order population in CW was only handful solo roamers, therefore i made a call and spawned a ram.

Main objective was not to claim zone, but to damage outer door as much as possible to make Order lose time by repairing doors therefore making them deliver more boxes to repair and level their keep.

Order was meanwhile pushing TM, they were sieging, so i was well aware of a fact, that TM is lost, but we could be more useful in CW and Orders attention will be focused mainly on TM.

At this time we were almost a full warband in the zone, guys were eager, i spawned a ram and we were on the move. Suddenly Order WB was tailin us, dunno if it was FoW or Smash or Rescue Team, somehow they were tailing us half of CW but we moved on. Luckily for us they lost track of us, prolly someone went in their way and they lost a bit of time ganking those poor heroes.

The siege was quite short, we managed to land only 6% dmg on doors before inevitably we were wiped.

Prolly good call in the end, but we waited a bit too long.
Poodie 40/80 Choppa
Poodiegit 40/60 SH

" The one who dares and cares, searches for means. The one who does not dare nor care, searches for reasons. "

lolwut

Post#7 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:50 pm

Being on a side that hotdropped to 3rd in that Reik, all I can say is that whoever came with an idea of war report putting you in fort above attackers while they are hitting the lord should re-read that italicized part and think if it was that good of an idea. I could go on about how unfair and demoralizing it is, but it was pretty obvious to everyone participating, so I won't. It wasn't the first time that happened, and certainly not the last, not until war report is fixed. I also suspect that teleporting massive amounts of people into active fort somehow borks pop limits, as order certainly had more than 60-70, with some people in my group not getting a roll to show up, even though I did.
Ain't Nobody Gafflin Me.

Detangler

Post#8 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:31 am

War report should not port to forts, period. That was a pretty lame end to an almost comeback story from the severely outnumbered side.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Qorth

Post#9 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:44 am

Despite being on Order for that and thinking it was hilarious, I do agree it probably shouldn't be a thing for War report to dropd efenders on top of fort.

Stophy22

Post#10 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:17 am

Haha, a nice breath of fresh air, it seems all I see on the forums now a days are the threads that complain about things that just don't need to be complained about. How often can we beat a dead horse, right?

I think both side can be competitive and WAR is so fun because of its competitive nature and what organization can do in this game.

I hope for more war-storys in the future, maybe in video form
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x