Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Terrible Embrace

Let's talk about... everything else
Jinxypie

Re: [Marauder] Terrible Embrace

Post#31 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:30 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:15 pm old Terrible Embrace used INT to attack target, and if target Disrupted, or Blocked, it would fail to pull.
This meant that Mara would have to focus on low Block low Disrupt targets, like DPS or 2hander tanks, and have lesser success rate vs Healers and SnB Tanks.
This also meant that any good Order warband that was doing proper Hold the Line-formations would be able to protect their squishy classes from long range enemy "magic" pulls.

However this was all thrown out of the window and into the trash can because of the Mara lobby in ROR wanted to be able to pull everyone with their high STR mainstat value, making the pull essentially undefendable if doing it from rear.

and this isn't even in top 10 "weird and stupid" changes done in ROR compared to live.
Its only fair since fetch was always that way and even "proper HTL formation" does nothing against it.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ads
balvor877
Suspended

Post#32 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:31 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:15 pm old Terrible Embrace used INT to attack target, and if target Disrupted, or Blocked, it would fail to pull.
This meant that Mara would have to focus on low Block low Disrupt targets, like DPS or 2hander tanks, and have lesser success rate vs Healers and SnB Tanks.
This also meant that any good Order warband that was doing proper Hold the Line-formations would be able to protect their squishy classes from long range enemy "magic" pulls.

However this was all thrown out of the window and into the trash can because of the Mara lobby in ROR wanted to be able to pull everyone with their high STR mainstat value, making the pull essentially undefendable if doing it from rear.

and this isn't even in top 10 "weird and stupid" changes done in ROR compared to live.
That's exactly the point. Destro seems to get everything they are asking for. And even if they dont ask for it, they still get buffs. Like the snare on the WE pounce.

Kalakaa

Post#33 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:34 pm

TE is great I get loads of kills from it, there are certain situations where WL are better, in general I would prefer TE though as I don't want to use a tactic slot for the pull

CeeJay89

Post#34 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:35 pm

TE is better than Fetch. Objectively. Being tied to the pet is a huge downside.

a) Pet has to reach the target, forcing the use of the Pet speed tactic.

b) Pet can be knocked down by nearly every class in the game, which increases pull time from "reaching your target" to "reaching your target + 3 seconds". Let's not talk about snares. The only way around this is LF, which you'd have to pop early to prevent a ranged knockdown, so it's only decent in Guardian spec.

c) LoS also affects Fetch, so...

d) it's tied to a Pet... near useless in warband fights

e) doesn't work at all sometimes

Both of them are buggy, sure, but TE has more use cases. I would have said Fetch had a slight edge before the Int > Str change, but now, TE is much better; bugs and all.

balvor877
Suspended

Post#35 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:35 pm

Jinxypie wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:30 pm Its only fair since fetch was always that way and even "proper HTL formation" does nothing against it.
OMG order had an advantage, no waiii, NERF!!!

Jinxypie

Post#36 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:43 pm

balvor877 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:35 pm
Jinxypie wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:30 pm Its only fair since fetch was always that way and even "proper HTL formation" does nothing against it.
Chill out, just pointing out that stacking INT on mara for a skill to work is stupid. Didnt asked for nerf anything but mighty guardian lions (back in time) aka timestamp everything and rampage.

balvor877
Suspended

Post#37 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:09 pm

Jinxypie wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:43 pm
Chill out, just pointing out that stacking INT on mara for a skill to work is stupid. Didnt asked for nerf anything but mighty guardian lions (back in time) aka timestamp everything and rampage.
You do notice that mSHs are the better WLs now, right? We are not back in time... we are playing right now. Rampage is one last ability left on order side. You will cry until you have that as well. And then? Then you have officially won the RoR crygame because then you got every freaking thing from order.

Jinxypie

Post#38 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:34 pm

balvor877 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:09 pm
You do notice that mSHs are the better WLs now, right? We are not back in time... we are playing right now. Rampage is one last ability left on order side. You will cry until you have that as well. And then? Then you have officially won the RoR crygame because then you got every freaking thing from order.
Awesome . Now I don't have to improve anymore and just ask for orda nerf if needed. That's exactly what I always wanted. Back to farming you on my OP squiggy.

Edit: nah i changed my mind. I prefer kiting WBs on my shammy actually.
Last edited by Jinxypie on Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
mryay

Post#39 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:44 pm

Nadril21 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:28 pm They changed it a year or so ago I believe.

It was changed from a disrupt check to a parry check, and is based off the marauders STR if I recall.

This in turn made pulls made to your back undefendable.
Ok thanks for the information with regards to the change from "disrupt" to "parry".

For the rest, my question is not about if TE is better than Fetch, or the other way around. In my opinion, they are both good, fit to the character --> don't change a thing.

My point is, prior to December, I could avoid the skill like 2/3 of the time. Now since a month, TE is almost always working. And I have been also taking more attention to what was happening on the battlefield, I see the same pull succeeding all the time. Hence the question.

I felt, TE deserved to be clearly more reliable, but at the moment it is like, if you don't break LoS, you go bye-bye.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

balvor877
Suspended

Post#40 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:52 pm

Jinxypie wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:34 pm
balvor877 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:09 pm

Awesome . Now I don't have to improve anymore and just ask for orda nerf if needed. That's exactly what I always wanted. Back to farming you on my OP squiggy.

Edit: nah i changed my mind. I prefer kiting WBs on my shammy actually.
Have fun while it lasts.

I hope the devs realize one day that "players are like snow, if they keep pissing on them they will just disappear" (in this case the order players). You gonna stand there with 2-3 warbands and no enemies. Happy door hitting!