Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa/Slayer, risk vs reward needs to be fixed

Let's talk about... everything else
Panzerkasper

Re: Choppa/Slayer, risk vs reward needs to be fixed

Post#41 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:37 pm

Yea, that's why the 6man meta always has been swarmed with Choppas....

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Bergbart

Post#42 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:47 am

I think the mechanik is silly too

I think make pent up rage as core mechanik is a good idea!
Next switch the exhausting blow damagebonus ---> yellow = 50%
red = 75% (or 100%)
Thems the easyst solution for the two classes => far more utility and burstier.

Here my point f view.
Choppa

Remove the pull from gttc ---> Reduce the aoe range to 30 feet
Let the Damage trigger all 1.5 sec. and this is discutable 25% more defence while channeling

Slayer
Rampage
Remow the exhausting blow component and reducing the bypassed defence to 25% ---> 40 sec cooldown + 20 sec duration + groupbuff

My opinions nothing more to do

ravezaar

Post#43 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:05 am

"Mind that slayer attacks are undefendable."

a somewhat false statement, if SLayer is in yellow and use Rampage its 20sec but as most go for red and dont release Rage in WB-play it will be 10sec of undefendable /30sec time so a 3rd of Slayers attacks are undefendable.

I read the thread and some know what they are talking about clearly alot dont. Yu actually have to play the class and play against it does help just dosent give u all the info.

A Brut Mara does ofc more ST dmg then both Slayer & Choppa so does White Lion with ST burst. Choppa has higher dmg then Slayer due to Orc Racial Tactic but Slayer has bigger sustain dmg and land more hits. For the amount of Des saying Slayers are stronger then Choppa there should be alot more Slayers out there but its not, Choppas clearly dominate RvR in numbers.

Both Classes are good and mechanic is fine, the thing that makes it more "risky" and not as strong as in WaR is the loss of Renown Tactics and renown Skills like we lost the way to specc into CC-immunity, we lost armor debuff procs on Weapons aso... all this Choppa/Slayer had on Live.

Weakness of the classes is Choppa/Slayer has to focus on getting 2 main stats ( WS +Str ) where basicly all other mdps + rdps need to focus on 1 stat. Not counting crit% wich all have to focus. This 2 stats crap is a pain and is ofc due to only dps lacking armor debuff in a armor-Meta poor Dev design imo.

Dont change the Mechanic, either its something u find intresting or the class aint for you
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Panzerkasper

Post#44 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:28 am

I'd suggest we do a test to see how bad Ramapge really is and we mirror it on Choppa, right at the exaxt place of Keep on Choppin'. Let's try it out for a week! What can go wrong? Skill is trash right?

My guess: It will result in the same ocean of order tears that resultet in the nerf of the SH range kd, although SW has the same tool.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

normanis

Post#45 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:39 am

agree slaye/choppa reward vs suicide is not worse vs any ather rdps class. 100feet is safe zone spec st and shoot choppas ( like in trailer enginer shooted poor choppas).
p.s byt only choppa/slayer rest mdps has no penalty vs reward
add 10-25% bigger damage in red stance. yellow is same no changes and green same. no changes
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Bobbiom

Post#46 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:53 am

This is the kind of conversations you get when you think your game knowledge increases with your RR.

Mergrim

Post#47 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:48 am

I will show you 2 screenshot from city yesterday.
See where is mara and wl? and where choppa/slayer?
Ofc 1magius/engi always top dmg i balanced city fight but you can't stack them.
30sec Retribution/Bring it on is more easy to control than 13sec wrecking ball/whirling axe.
Second screenshot afer 2stage.
See where is mara and where is choppa? still good job as a 70rr WL.
Maybe i can beat Iit dmg on my choppa by 5-10% ofc only if there is no smart ppl with interupt.(also need ignore all defensive skills)
Running mara now without guard is more tanky then choppa with guard.

One more thing about bw backlslash. Now Hurtin Time and Reckless gamble generate mora backlslash than bw/sorc mechanic.

Slayer vs Choppa - Lotsa choppin is bugged and deal 10-11% less dmg then Flurry.

wachlarz

Post#48 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:58 am

Ninjagon wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:54 pm the topics says: Why bw/sorc have +crit damage and crit % with almost zero penalty ?

What?
The Sorcerer and the BW pays the highest price in the game for their good dps.
Yes U need a 1 hot from a healer.

Ads
wachlarz

Post#49 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:04 am

wachlarz wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:58 am
Ninjagon wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:54 pm the topics says: Why bw/sorc have +crit damage and crit % with almost zero penalty ?

What?
The Sorcerer and the BW pays the highest price in the game for their good dps.
Yes U need a 1 hot from a healer. And Sorc/ BW have more toughnes. Dont lose armor/ reisists. So Bw a old grampa is harder too kill that a BIG Angry Ork

Gurf

Post#50 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:39 am

Maybe compared to Mara it is a bit unbalanced because Mara has 2 times the survivability of all other MDPS with Monstro while doing the same level of damage, but if you play Slayer and WL the Slayer has its role and WL has its role, Slayer can do more effective AOE and heal debuff, WL can do good damage in City but it isn't as bursty aoe as a good Slayer