Recent Topics

Ads

Min. Scenario ReKnown Reward Debate

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Do you want a fix base min. Scenario-Reknown-Reward for all active players who lost the match?

Yes - Spending Time and Effort is worth it!
54%
No - If you loose - you dont deserve any reward!
41%
Dunno - ?? Not sure.
5%
Total votes: 85

chovudal

Re: Min. Scenario ReKnown Reward Debate

Post#21 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:47 pm

Ofc you should get a minimum reward, same as losing a keep or a fort, btw city sieges give rewards too, even losing it w/o any kill...
Another point is, the winning team doesnt have any disadvantage by giving this reward, so yes do it

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#22 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:26 pm

if you can deal with afkers, anything to make RoR less grindy is worth it

Flowson
Game Artist

Post#23 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:43 pm

Nebelfalke wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:44 pm Yes, its bean for to long that u fought and gain nothin... its super i like it.
@Nebelfalke , thats we need more pool participants and more feedback to make it happen!

@chovudal thanks for the feedback!

@Vrafthudnir
gain something when u fight and u know u lose but cant stop fighting... and hopefully u earn stuff and not go out with... zero everything.
Thats the spirit! Fighting shoudnt be envine!

@BeautfulToad thanks buddy!

@Mystry
it's about how the gear and renown gap between [...] getting bigger and bigger and bigger, and it's aided by the lack of rewards for the losers.
Thats exactly why we need to modify the current system! Good point! we need to minize that gap.

Hopefully we will get more feedback during the next couple of days.
Dont Forget to Vote Folks!

Mystry
Suspended

Post#24 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:28 pm

zumos2 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:30 pm Interesting, so now you made this thread into another "DESTRO OP" kind of thread. You obviously have no proper knowledge about the game and definitely not about me. I play both sides, I've played way more hours on order than on destro even.
Don't think that I didn't notice you addressed precisely zero points in my reply post, and am instead attempting to turn this into a strawman / ad hominem attack.

Your attempt is disregarded, as is your opinion, until you can come up with actual rebuttals. Everyone knew from the very outset that this was about Order/Destro because everyone who plays the game for even an hour will know that Order has an atrocious scenario winrate, for a lot of very good reason that have been elaborated on here and elsewhere. Because of that, the gap in renown and gear grows wider and wider, thanks in no small part to xrealmers and Destro-mains like yourself who throw up non-starter, non-arguments all in a transparent effort to keep your cushy easy mode on Destro with its way better synergy, way better class distribution, way better classes in general (with one or two exceptions), easier gameplay, easier access to needed pots and talismans, and above all else, massive gear/renown gap that gives them a huge advantage.

losvtranse

Post#25 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:35 pm

In my opinion it would be nice to have a baseline reward based on your performance - if you actually tried to do stuff but lost you should be getting more than someone who spent last 10 minutes semi-afk.

zumos2

Post#26 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:16 pm

Mystry wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:28 pm
zumos2 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:30 pm Interesting, so now you made this thread into another "DESTRO OP" kind of thread. You obviously have no proper knowledge about the game and definitely not about me. I play both sides, I've played way more hours on order than on destro even.
Don't think that I didn't notice you addressed precisely zero points in my reply post, and am instead attempting to turn this into a strawman / ad hominem attack.

Your attempt is disregarded, as is your opinion, until you can come up with actual rebuttals. Everyone knew from the very outset that this was about Order/Destro because everyone who plays the game for even an hour will know that Order has an atrocious scenario winrate, for a lot of very good reason that have been elaborated on here and elsewhere. Because of that, the gap in renown and gear grows wider and wider, thanks in no small part to xrealmers and Destro-mains like yourself who throw up non-starter, non-arguments all in a transparent effort to keep your cushy easy mode on Destro with its way better synergy, way better class distribution, way better classes in general (with one or two exceptions), easier gameplay, easier access to needed pots and talismans, and above all else, massive gear/renown gap that gives them a huge advantage.
You can use all the fancy words that you want, but the amount of bs in your post is overwhelming. First of all I don't main any side and I definitely am an x-realmer that likes to play on the side with AAO. But to all the bs:

Winrate in scenarios is based on whoever has the premade usually. In pure pug scenarios it's usually who has a couple capable players, the small balance differences that might exist there will be overpowered by a couple people with a brain or better setup (which is pure luck if you queue as a pug).

The relation you lay between losing scenarios and renown rank on Order is laughable, since most players don't even touch scenarios and you can get renown just fine in RvR. Even if you are on the losing side.

Then you accuse me of not bringing arguments, after which you make statement after statement without any argumentation yourself. It's laughable really. I mean easier access to pots and talismans? Really? I will not say that the game is perfectly balanced, there are some small tweaks I would make here and there, but Order is so much stronger than you make it out to be.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Duukar

Post#27 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:22 am

I find it laughable that after 14 years of this game being out we can't figure out a way to make SCs lucrative and valuable for all players. Bunch of smart people around here with no ideas???? Oh wait just shoot down every suggestion ever for balance. Destro has losing streaks as well.

SCs are literally the best way to lvl Xp/rp unless you are losing over and over. Then what? go PvE? Come on. Log out? Don't return if it happens enough? yup. Thank god I'm stubborn.

Some change is needed for XPing to 40 and then keep things as they are at 40 if you are so hell bent on this punishment mentality.

Gracious in defeat but absolutely toxic in all out victory. That's not a meta I'm comfortable with and I never have been. Since day one playing this game this has been a big gripe of mine. Its bad and short sighted for the health of the player base of this game. Funnel new players into SCs then punish the hell out of them and tell them to git gud. Toxic AF......

judasalive

Post#28 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:17 am

fighting must be honored no matter whether you lose or you win. Yes winning should be extra rewarded but not 1:6... double the price would be fair enough in my opinion...

My advice would be to think about the following:
SC = should be a quick and dirty option for everyone, so no team building allowed

for all the ppl who are saying -> form groups and win SCs (this is not possible when fighting rr40 vs rr85+) see my following solution:

Ranked SCs (6/12/18):
grouping in SC should only possible in "Ranked SCs" ! here you can prove your skill and fight as a man and group together and !!! Ranked SCs !!! should be extra rewarded, so there is a small incentive in doing Ranked SCs over regular SC...

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#29 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:52 am

first thing that comes to my mind is how guild wars handles scs. there you get a fixed amount for losing, for winning and afaik some extra if you did something special (most dmg, most objective, most healing etc) i think that would be fair, it encourages ppl to participate. atm if you feel you are losing which is mostly determined after the first minute, there is not really any reason to go out and feed.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#30 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:55 am

judasalive wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:17 am fighting must be honored no matter whether you lose or you win. Yes winning should be extra rewarded but not 1:6... double the price would be fair enough in my opinion...

My advice would be to think about the following:
SC = should be a quick and dirty option for everyone, so no team building allowed

for all the ppl who are saying -> form groups and win SCs (this is not possible when fighting rr40 vs rr85+) see my following solution:

Ranked SCs (6/12/18):
grouping in SC should only possible in "Ranked SCs" ! here you can prove your skill and fight as a man and group together and !!! Ranked SCs !!! should be extra rewarded, so there is a small incentive in doing Ranked SCs over regular SC...
i like that idea, but tbh i think the "fun" part for most premades is to roflstomp solo qers, so they will find a way to still hijack solo scs. afaik thats how many enter pug scs....