Recent Topics

Ads

So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Let's talk about... everything else
catholicism198

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#91 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:10 pm

Devs have actually had mixed opinions about it.

It’s primary use is to prevent the waste of a CD which is very helpful when there’s lag for positional attacks and skills that cannot be cast on the move and to reduce the number of keys needed because some people only use a basic mouse while others are decked out with a naga trinity or similar, which places those with basic mice at a significant disadvantage when playing melee classes that require mouse turning.

If they intended to level the playing field, then they should’ve allowed people to post guides on how to set up nerf buttons or completely disable the use of all combat related add ons.

Edit: there are addons that alert you when someone is using skills like Rampage then there’s the very useful buff head.

Ads
thefreakingclaw

Post#92 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:51 pm

xyeppp wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:51 pm
Tosher85 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:44 pm
Spellbound wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:39 pm

It was blocked again today from the hot fix.
Did u check it? Coz i would do it before saying its blocked.
Already working again - at least on a short test on dummies.
Nah. Definitely blocked again.

Talladego

Post#93 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:58 pm

thefreakingclaw wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:51 pm
xyeppp wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:51 pm
Tosher85 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:44 pm

Did u check it? Coz i would do it before saying its blocked.
Already working again - at least on a short test on dummies.
Nah. Definitely blocked again.
Even this second block can be bypassed but I cba anymore they will just keep blocking everything until nothing works anymore.

Grious

Post#94 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:05 am

I haven't played in a few months(real life sucks) but once I heard about the NB changes I was pretty excited at first, but after reading a few of the threads in here I'm starting to see it may have been a bit of an oversight. It looks like its alienated a portion of the playerbase that relied on it to help them with things like arthritis / disabilities and with how it was blocked it looks like the alternative CastSequence went down with it.

Apparently it still works too because people are crafty, so now its just created a even more solid wall between users and non users. Pre-'nerf' yeah it sucks that does give an unfair advantage to some but at it was then you could just download the add-on yourself and 'level' the playing field a bit and like roadkillrobin posted, the difference it made may not have been as drastic as people thought. Now though, with the nerf blocking casuals from using it, the more resourceful players have already managed to bypass the nerf making the gap wider.

So its gone from a questionable add-on that people often complained about but everyone had access to, to an add-on that shouldn't work but works only for the people/cheaters/hackers/elitepvpers/whatever who have the resources / know how to bypass the nerf.

Don't get me wrong, I rather have NB gone for good but as it is now it just seems like this nerf is creating an unnecessary rift in an already small playerbase. Id love to see the Devs eventually condense / remove some abilities in certain classesso hopefully things like NB would feel like less of a requirement to play optimally. As it stands classes like IB and BG and their 20second buff juggle struggle can be cramp inducing for some older players. Yeah it would be a lot of work and a balancing nightmare but it'd be nice to see.

ChicagoJoe

Post#95 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:22 am

Spellbound wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:42 pm
cynicprophet wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:26 pm Also i disagree with POPULATION GONNA DROP arguements,people who loves to play wont go away just because its removed, or because one side got a nerf it wont make people go away,these arguements are mostly made by people who wants chaos and they love to spread disinformation.
Of course sometimes people leave etc due to some changes of any kind but its never that has a impact.

Yes I had 5 people quit simply because it’s easier to play another MMO already setup on their PC then to mess with it. You must not know many people but most decent size guilds have experienced several from the ones I know that holding out while some trying without.

Don’t spread disinformation that it’s not dropping because first hand seen people quit or not login since. Your comment is just a guess, not a fact.
The misinformation out there is ridiculous.

For me I won't quit but I absolutely won't play more difficult character types (seriously sucks for my IB main) and won't play stance classes or will be able to get my teens or wife to play anymore so I go from playing 10 hrs a week to 1-2. So on my side that is about 20 hrs total of player time lost weekly but the cynicprophet can be cynical. I run in 3 large semi-hardcore to hardcore guilds. Everyone in those guilds uses it for something or another, even if it is just for PVE or keep lord fights. My guildies aren't too happy. I know a bunch that will wait to see what happens but every game is at risk of losing player interest. What blows my mind about this decision of it was that NB was available for all... if you didn't care to use it then either you didn't need it or you didn't care to figure it out. With that kind of attitude people who don't craft would probably be happy if potion and talisman making were disabled too, because they give "unfair" advantages as well.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Nadril21

Post#96 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:43 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:52 pm The philosophy on what an addon is allowed to do is an interesting one. In my opinion NB doesn't give enough advantage to validate a ban. If it would push a mediocre player to the level of a higher experience one I would agree, but it doesn't. Spatial awareness (excluding enemy facing due to ping) is the most determine factor of combat if you're solo, in a group or a warband. Banning NB is simply taking away a tool, that's available for everyone that feel they need it, that fixes issues with both class mechanics and player issues without creating any real imbalances.

The main reason I installed NB was, like anyone who played RoR in its infant stages knows, playing melee was almost impossible with latency/distance issues. Positional skills in particular would pretend to fire and do the "half animation thing", then give an ability error and you would keep trying to use it, but it wouldn't work so you were constantly wasting GCDs without using any abilities.

Throughout the years the more friends I played with that were unfamiliar with it initially always reacted negatively towards it. Mostly because they hear it avoided GCDs completely, or because they installed it and had no idea how to actually work it and decided they hated it. Pretty much every single one of those people use it now because even just a 2 string sequence can help with alot of the class mechanic/bugi-ness/desync issues.
Nadril the Witchunter YouTube
Nadrill the Wizard
Grumbler the Ironbreaker
Fancyfeet the Shadow Warrior

sunshinefuntime

Post#97 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:47 am

Hey guys,

Just want to say that after wasting a few days ive been able to replicate all the core functions of NB onto multiple new addons basically utilizing macros but im not going to say more because... this change is literally nothing more than gatekeeping.

Sad.

>edit
Pretty much just dont use the changehotbar function. If youre dilligent youll figure it out too, channel that frustration into asking devs why they put up this information firewall for regular users.

Alfa1986

Post#98 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:28 am

Spellbound wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:42 pm
cynicprophet wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:26 pm Also i disagree with POPULATION GONNA DROP arguements,people who loves to play wont go away just because its removed, or because one side got a nerf it wont make people go away,these arguements are mostly made by people who wants chaos and they love to spread disinformation.
Of course sometimes people leave etc due to some changes of any kind but its never that has a impact.

Yes I had 5 people quit simply because it’s easier to play another MMO already setup on their PC then to mess with it. You must not know many people but most decent size guilds have experienced several from the ones I know that holding out while some trying without.

Don’t spread disinformation that it’s not dropping because first hand seen people quit or not login since. Your comment is just a guess, not a fact.
Yes, it's sad to state, but I have changed my opinion. Yesterday, several people from my guild on order, as well as on the destruction side, said that they would take a break from the game and go to play (some in WOW, some in shooters, some in LOL, etc.) until the situation settles down. and all these people are far from newbies, and have several good equipped 80+ characters. if the backbone/ the veterans, leaves, then this will pull along with itself many others who might have accepted the new rules/conditions, but do not want to play without friends who have been leaving (who still like the game, but who are bored of playing outside old friends). this could lead to an avalanche of outflow of players, like a snowball on the edge of a mountain.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Brakh

Post#99 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:54 am

They won't be able to exclude this feature from API. Unhealthy competition will start, combined with growing frustration caused by the working code will reach only deeper inner circle, devs will continue wasting their time for intercepting working addon and trying to patch it.

Sick race, this won't bring any good :(
Last edited by Brakh on Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Onigokko0101

Post#100 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:05 am

Grious wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:05 am I haven't played in a few months(real life sucks) but once I heard about the NB changes I was pretty excited at first, but after reading a few of the threads in here I'm starting to see it may have been a bit of an oversight. It looks like its alienated a portion of the playerbase that relied on it to help them with things like arthritis / disabilities and with how it was blocked it looks like the alternative CastSequence went down with it.

Apparently it still works too because people are crafty, so now its just created a even more solid wall between users and non users. Pre-'nerf' yeah it sucks that does give an unfair advantage to some but at it was then you could just download the add-on yourself and 'level' the playing field a bit and like roadkillrobin posted, the difference it made may not have been as drastic as people thought. Now though, with the nerf blocking casuals from using it, the more resourceful players have already managed to bypass the nerf making the gap wider.

So its gone from a questionable add-on that people often complained about but everyone had access to, to an add-on that shouldn't work but works only for the people/cheaters/hackers/elitepvpers/whatever who have the resources / know how to bypass the nerf.

Don't get me wrong, I rather have NB gone for good but as it is now it just seems like this nerf is creating an unnecessary rift in an already small playerbase. Id love to see the Devs eventually condense / remove some abilities in certain classesso hopefully things like NB would feel like less of a requirement to play optimally. As it stands classes like IB and BG and their 20second buff juggle struggle can be cramp inducing for some older players. Yeah it would be a lot of work and a balancing nightmare but it'd be nice to see.
Heres a thing. That 'unfair advantage' it creates really isnt that much of an issue. I have played with some of the best players on the server, and for most of them the most they even used it for was pots. The people mad about the change were the ones that crutched on it to cover up their own gameplay.

That said people need to buck up and accept its gone. It may be annoying for some people but you will become a better player if you adapt to it.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard